Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES (or E...C) 2022 Free Agency Thread Signed G Andrew Norwell, Obada, Trai Turner...Goodbye Scherff, Kyle Allen, Tim Settle

Riggo-toni

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Don’t know but don’t want to jinx it as to Ertz so I probably should stop posting on it 😀

No such thing as superstition, SIP.  I believe you can speak things into existence.  

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, Die Hard said:

Last year, Ertz was washed up and no one wanted him. 

Now, ppl are excited in anticipation.

Sports fandom is crazy.

Agreed. I think Ertz played really well for Arizona once he got out of Philly. I can only imagine how dirricult it is too play when you know the team is trying move. At least was all the rumours. Once he got traded he was rejuvenated, just like Carson will be this year. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sebestian said:

Agreed. I think Ertz played really well for Arizona once he got out of Philly. I can only imagine how dirricult it is too play when you know the team is trying move. At least was all the rumours. Once he got traded he was rejuvenated, just like Carson will be this year. 

I never followed up with Ertz once he was traded. The stats are decent… still productive.

Looks like he’s going to fetch a decent short-term contract (2-3 years).

With Thomas signed and Bates… the team going to jettison RSJ and the Chilean?

3 minutes ago, Die Hard said:

I never followed up with Ertz once he was traded. The stats are decent… still productive.

RSJ is a UFA and the other TE is a WIP.  

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Die Hard said:

I think so. Never a big fan of RSJ. The Chilean, a project. I never advocate for someone to lose their job. With Ertz a little 12 personal me like. 

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Die Hard said:

Last year, Ertz was washed up and no one wanted him. 

Now, ppl are excited in anticipation.

Sports fandom is crazy.

I liked him last year, but only if the eagles cut him.   I thought a lot of teams expected a cut vs trade value and they could wait it out. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RWJ said:

RSJ is a UFA and the other TE is a WIP.  

And Thomas tore his ACL in December I think.

There is no guarantee he is ready for the beginning of the season.  

If they can bring in Ertz, they won’t re-sign RSJ.  

And Reyes will need to contribute this year or else he’s not going to make the team.  You can only carry a developmental TE fir so long. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

And Reyes will need to contribute this year or else he’s not going to make the team.  You can only carry a developmental TE fir so long. 

I think Ertz is a given to be here along with Hicks.  I have researched and watched videos on Wentz. One had him and Hicks together doing a video with a child who had stomach cancer and passed away. He has reached out and done so much for the communities in Philly and Indy.  The man is going to take this team to another level.  Here's the video I was telling you about Wentz and Hicks.  A news story that shows a tweet of Wentz and Hicks.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, ColonialWBSkinsFan said:

We also “tried our luck” with Gibson (3rd, 2020), Curl (7th round!!, 2020), McLaurin (3rd round!!, 2019), Holcomb (5th round, 2019), Settle (5th round, 2018), Roullier (6th round, 2017), and Ioannidis (5th round, 2017).

No one hits them all, but that is a pretty impressive list of multi-year starters drafted in the 3rd round or later. 

And the book is completely not written with Chase, Dyami, or Jamin.  Still time for any or all of them to show out.  

Yours is just a very bad take in this case.  

That is sort of my point. The guys we have, what have they gotten us? Not much more then a lot of seven win seasons.

So when people say “draft a WR and MLB” as if its that easy, if it was we wouldn’t be so mediocre.

I do feel most of our problems are due to our putrid QB situation so hopefully Wentz is that piece but he hasn’t shown to be it so far in his career and more Gibsons, McLaurins, Settles etc isn’t going to help our record until we get that QB.

Thomas is a good receiver and bad TE. We have receivers to focus an offense around. Thomas is a zero in the run game. 

I mean Reed was a total **** pushy. I ****ing hated that guy.

Name a Superbowl team without a TE that was punching LBers. There's a reason bilacheat loves TEs.

Ertz is a solid all around TE. I think everyone knows how I feel about Bates.

1 hour ago, dyst said:

That is sort of my point. The guys we have, what have they gotten us? Not much more then a lot of seven win seasons.

So when people say “draft a WR and MLB” as if its that easy, if it was we wouldn’t be so mediocre.

I do feel most of our problems are due to our putrid QB situation so hopefully Wentz is that piece but he hasn’t shown to be it so far in his career and more Gibsons, McLaurins, Settles etc isn’t going to help our record until we get that QB.

How has Wentz not shown that? He's had an mvp caiber season that became a SB for ****ing Philly. We don't get SBs. He was a probowler last year for the afc which is stacked. He's been in the league 6 years, almost an mvp and has a ring.

Although I assume the "more settles" comment means you don't watch games.

35 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

How has Wentz not shown that? He's had an mvp caiber season that became a SB for ****ing Philly. We don't get SBs. He was a probowler last year for the afc which is stacked. He's been in the league 6 years, almost an mvp and has a ring.

Although I assume the "more settles" comment means you don't watch games.

He has played 85 games, his record is 44-40-1 with a total of 1 playoff game. His best year was definitely good, but they did roll through the playoffs and won a Superbowl without him.

Even with that, it’s just one season. It’s like getting excited for RG3 because of that one season.

We all hope Wentz turns it around and becomes a staple here but he is on his 3rd team in three years, not because he out smarted free agency or something, it was because the team he was on did not want him.

A young promising QB doesn’t continue to get moved like he does. I’m honestly not sure how anyone can look at his situation and paint a rosey picture but people definitely see the game differently when watching it 😂.

As for “Settle” and the rest of our players, I’m sorry but none of them have shown to be elite, game changing or generational. We have a bunch of nice pieces and thats fine but lets not act like we have something that a bunch of other teams don’t. 

I think sometimes people forget that we suck, not because some magical mystic curse is upon us. We suck because we don’t have better players than the opposing team, starting with our QB.

Edited by dyst

Given the relationship, I feel like Ertz to Washington is foregone conclusion. Why wouldn't he come here to play with Wentz, who's both his bff and someone who will target him more frequently than most other QBs? Only reason is if Arizona offers something far beyond what we do, and they don't have that kinda space nor is Ertz that high of a priority for them to grossly overpay. It'll happen.

• Like 3

Bizarre how people think Ertz is washed up and not good enough for us. He got just short of 800 receiving yards last year, the vast majority in 11 games with AZ.

Look back through the stats to find how often in the last decade or so we’ve had that many yards from a TE.

5 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

most everything I've heard says Thomas is expected to make opening day

Any interest in either James Washington or JuJu as WR additions ? Or do we think the draft is too loaded to add another vet WR.

Hopefully get nuggets starting to hit the media soon. Damn, think i could list a dozen players I want brought in :rofl89:

Think I’ve settled on FS Williams as my #1 target. General list of players of interest to me by position,

QB draft

RB draft

WR Valdez-Scantling, Zay Jones Maybe one of those PITT receivers, draft

TE Ertz

OL guards Glowinski, Daniels, Tomlinson

DL not bothered

LB Can’t see Campbell happening, so Hicks or Jermaine Carter plus draft

S Williams 

CB not sure need to look need depth though.

K/P added for completeness :ols:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The reason below i what makes me skeptical a little that he'd come here. There is some evidence that Wentz couldn't wait to leave Philly.  But Ertz on the other hand seems really emotional about being an Eagle -- going to the Commanders certainly wouldn't endear him to Eagle fans. 

52 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

The reason below i what makes me skeptical a little that he'd come here. There is some evidence that Wentz couldn't wait to leave Philly.  But Ertz on the other hand seems really emotional about being an Eagle -- going to the Commanders certainly wouldn't endear him to Eagle fans. 

Thats how I feel talking bout the greatest city on the planet too.

9 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I hope this is true below. if I had to choose Williams or Ertz for me it would be Williams 

The Colts are going to be linked with everyone given their salary cap position.

I would love us to get this guy in the door on a 5 year deal. Still young. Go get him.

• Like 2