Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread- Perpetually Pissed Philly vs The Legend of … Wait… Who the hell is this guy?

TK
Message added by TK,

Screen Shot 2021-12-21 at 10.06.59 PM.png

5 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Don’t overthink it.  

Run the football, keep the QB clean.

Don’t run into 11 man boxes and end up in 3rd and 8 and have to throw it.

I posted this in another thread.  The conventional wisdom would be to run the ball 70 times.  The problem is the eagles know this and they’re just not going to let you. Especially whe. You’re on your backup RG and 4th string center.

They’re going to have to throw them out if that defense so they can run the ball 50 tines.  

The eagles have been susceptible to quick game.  WFT should come out throwing some easy stuff to catch the eagles off guard and make them play straight-up.

THEN bludgeon them with the run.

If you make yourself 1 dimensional, you’ve just helped the defense. 

If Gilbert can’t complete a 5 yard slant, it won’t matter what we do, we don’t have a chance.  

Edited by Voice_of_Reason

• TK changed the title to Game Day Thread- Perpetually Pissed Philly vs The Legend of … Wait… Who the hell is this guy?
1 minute ago, TryTheBeal! said:

We damn sure ain’t gonna come out here and chuck a bunch of “5 yard slants”.

This goes one of two ways:

1. we try and run the ball, can’t, get stuffed, punt a lot and end up with 20 total yards in the first half

2. come out with a similar plan they had for TH in the playoff game last year which has a chance of success.  

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Do you mean that in a good way? Or a bad way? I can't tell given the circumstances.

He wants to run the ball 98 times in a row. 

Let’s Do This!! 

I think we have a better shot than people think. Currently I’d guess the probabilities are around 60-40 Eagles. But if Garret comes out and shows he can play a bit, it immediately becomes 50-50 for me. No Excuses let’s get this Done.

Would love to see a Deandre return for TD or a Defensive TD to help seal a gutty performance. 

Bring home the W Washington!!

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Bout to walk into my parents house to watch this game with family.

Can't help but feel that no matter how this goes down, this is who I want to go through it with.

Godspeed, and Merry Christmas yall.

I’m the same way. Im usually at my apartment in DC on the weeknights, but with the game tonight, i metro’d into McLean from work, cause there’s no way I’m watching this disaster alone 😂

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1