Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

TW: Boomers use 'woke' more than other generations, hate 'OK boomer,' 'mansplain,' slang survey finds

China

Boomers use 'woke' more than other generations, hate 'OK boomer,' 'mansplain,' slang survey finds

About 80 percent of Americans say they use slang, and 50 percent of Americans admit to using slang words they aren't sure they are using correctly, according to a survey of 2,000 people from online language learning platform Preply. The most commonly used slang words, the survey found, are "ghosted" (someone ends communication without explanation), "salty" (exceptionally bitter, angry, or upset), "on point" (exactly right, perfect), "woke," and "GOAT" (greatest of all time). 

(You're welcome.)

But "for every slang term we love, there's a slang term we hate — and some are more hated than others," Preply says in its report. "'OK boomer' topped our list of most-hated slang. A number of baby boomers undoubtedly took offense. It tied for the No. 1 spot with 'bae,' a modern slang term for significant other, at 29 percent." The boomers hate "mansplain" even more, and they're the most likely generation to use the word "woke" — which, among all generations, is the fourth-most-hated slang word, the survey found. 

Asset_4B.png

Click on the link for the full article

9 minutes ago, China said:

Boomers use 'woke' more than other generations, hate 'OK boomer,' 'mansplain,' slang survey finds

About 80 percent of Americans say they use slang, and 50 percent of Americans admit to using slang words they aren't sure they are using correctly, according to a survey of 2,000 people from online language learning platform Preply. The most commonly used slang words, the survey found, are "ghosted" (someone ends communication without explanation), "salty" (exceptionally bitter, angry, or upset), "on point" (exactly right, perfect), "woke," and "GOAT" (greatest of all time). 

(You're welcome.)

But "for every slang term we love, there's a slang term we hate — and some are more hated than others," Preply says in its report. "'OK boomer' topped our list of most-hated slang. A number of baby boomers undoubtedly took offense. It tied for the No. 1 spot with 'bae,' a modern slang term for significant other, at 29 percent." The boomers hate "mansplain" even more, and they're the most likely generation to use the word "woke" — which, among all generations, is the fourth-most-hated slang word, the survey found. 

Asset_4B.png

Click on the link for the full article

Is Bye Felicia older than Gen Z?  It’s got to be close.

Outside of ES, I have NEVER heard someone say "Bye, Felicia". Which is pretty based. You know what's not based though? That list. Because it didn't have "based". I think that's acidic.

2 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

If you're over 30 and use any of these phrases, go **** yourself. 

7e4.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, mistertim said:

I have to admit that "bamma" is possibly one of my favorite slang terms in history.

Because if you hear someone use it, you automatically know where they're from.

On a similar note, if you have to explain what you mean when you say you're from the DMV...or can get anywhere in the DMV, it's just a lost cause.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Surprised “Karen” didn’t get listed, especially by Boomers resentful of being called Karen. 

check this out---my one sibling, a ten year older (estranged) sister, is a fox news fan from day one and in her last 20 years or so became a 'conservative fundy xtian' of  a familiar form: extremely ignorant even regarding her own religion but very assured in all her opinions while being aggressively anti-facts/science/msm/dems/pu8blic schools and lefty cities and 'all their anti-american propaganda' (i.e. thinks obama winning proves there's no 'real racism' anymore) and has all the other basic mental deficiencies that makes one of 'those people' :D the glorious specimens they be...and her name is karen :) 

born 77 years ahead of her time :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5