Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Can I just say thank god this forum exists?

RichmondRedskin88

Like seriously if I had to rely on talking about the team on Facebook groups and such I’d smash my skull straight through a wall.  All the mud slinging and fake fan (The fan shaming on social media is just ridiculous.) comments.  Like I know having a team that sucks every year is awful but atleast we can all come together and talk.  Even folks that don’t see eye to eye keep it civil and hear each other out.  

Edited by RichmondRedskin88
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 6

As a fan who moved to Seattle 25 years ago, I've suffered alone in supporting my Redskins each Sunday...  The isolation.  Dealing with the losses and bonehead moves, all alone.

and then I found extremeskins in 2005 and learned that hundreds are fighting thru the exact same problems as me.  I'm NOT alone!

Christmas Candle GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

But seriously, I do thoroughly enjoy watching games while reading/writing to the Game Threads...  In fact, I almost enjoy posting/reading the game threads more than the game itself.

So, we have unity... we have providence.

The Redskins may go away... the Washington Presidents may get sold to Bezos and move the team to Mars... but, we'll all still be here. 

• Like 3

During a losing season when you already know in October our team may be out of it there is always this place to go to commiserate with other fans.

On Eagles radio this morning the top radio sports personality announced he is rooting against the Eagles this Sunday and rooting for the Lions to beat them.

Why? Because the Eagles owner passed on hiring Duce Staley as the head coach last year and he chose a very young Nick Siriani.  So Angelo Cataldi said

he is rooting for Duce as the offensive coordinator of the Lions to win.   Most of the time our fans remain loyal to the guys and coaches we have on the team

even when we lose.

21 hours ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

Like seriously if I had to rely on talking about the team on Facebook groups and such I’d smash my skull straight through a wall.  All the mud slinging and fake fan (The fan shaming on social media is just ridiculous.) comments.  Like I know having a team that sucks every year is awful but atleast we can all come together and talk.  Even folks that don’t see eye to eye keep it civil and hear each other out.  

What's Facebook?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

There is a facebook group that bans bashing of the team. You can criticize, but bashing is verboten. It is called Bleeding Burgundy and Gold Redskins.

• Confused 1

15 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

While I believe our overall fanbase IQ has plummeted in recent years, the fanbase IQ on this forum is SIGNIFICANTLY higher than say Facebook or Reddit.

I dont think the subreddit is that bad, a lot of the same stuff posted there like videos, articles, and memes are posted here. Polls aren't too bad either, most go as expected

https://www.reddit.com/r/washingtonNFL?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

It is like a local/neighborhood establishment, where lots of people used to go.  Discussions were lively, even though some were hotly contested.  The good thing about this place was the loyalty was to the establishment and other differences (politics, religion, etc.) were left in the parking lot.

Unfortunately, like a bad episode of Bar Rescue, the owner didn't know how to run the place or even care.  Poor management hires and ridiculous actions from management have reduced clientele to only people who feel comfortable going to the old place because of the people who also still go there.

There are posters here that I respect, ones who I enjoy reading, ones that I dread reading and some that just piss me off - just like my neighborhood establishment.  

The food may suck here, but I don't go there for the food - I go there to talk to my ES family.

Oh, and some of you suck. (Just like my regular family).:806:

;)

:229:The Rook

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

On 10/28/2021 at 2:12 PM, RichmondRedskin88 said:

You haven't been reading much here, have ya...

• Haha 2

On 10/29/2021 at 11:02 PM, skins island connection said:

You haven't been reading much here, have ya...

Washington Redskin fans group on Facebook is mind numbing.  A bunch of few folks calling themselves the greatest fans and shaming other fans. If anyone criticizes the team there’s fans that tell them to go join the cowboys. It’s like a brainless cult. Not to mention literally they swing emotionally to everything like a teenager. They overreact to every free agent.  They overreact to every TD, interception, good game, bad game, etc. One week they claim 0-17 then next win it’s we’re going to the super bowl.  I never understood friends of mine that said they hated Redskin fans because of yelling for SB every year.  I was like when the hell did I ever yell SB?  Then I stumbled on that group.  In their spare time they shame season tickets holders for selling their tickets yet none of those people are season ticket holders. 

The primary difference between this site and those others is one thing, and one thing only, this site is actively moderated. They not only enforce the rules they cull the herd of the idiots. There was another message board on this site that was not moderated. And it was just like Facebook and those other unmoderated sites with caustic people and ugliness so it was ultimately shut down. Unlike the Facebook page "owners" and other site owners" the moderators here put the site over their personal beliefs. The difference between this and other sites that may be moderated (I think Reddit has active moderators), they are not also fans of the team. 

I do thank my lucky stars I have this site to turn to, the entire site, Stadium, ATL, Tailgate, BHRBN and others, it's the moderation that keeps it that way. 

And yea I guess some of you are OK --- 

Hmm Whatever GIF - Hmm Whatever Oh Well - Discover & Share GIFs

Edited by goskins10
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3