Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randal 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariota and Fromm battle for QB2 and so begins the Handsome Harem for Hartman

Koolblue13

5 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

I dealt with dial-up internet to, uh... to... listen, I dealt with dial-up internet.

How dare you, sir, and on Draftmas Eve! Shocking fabrications. Shocking!

I Don't Believe You Christmas Elf GIF | GIFDB.com

Also: Per my source, we are trading down and drafting *checks pawprints  notes from interview of inside source who is definitely not the family dog* Sam Barkman. No, wait, it's Sam Hartman. Hartman. Yes.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

If we draft Daniels tomorrow,  can Goodell hand him a double cheeseburger instead of a jersey? 

Here is Jayden's breakfast, lunch, and dinner until he hits 225.

image.png.50c79e6fa55680a9fb77af7f8fd51990.png

Luckily, he'll probably hit 225 in about 2 weeks eating this and then unluckily die of a heart attack.

• Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

I've been wanting Maye this whole time, but at this point I just want it over with whomever it is. Plus I don't know what I'm talking about. 

I need to know who's youtube highlights I'm going to binge. 

Edited by MisterPinstripe
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Thumb up 1

21 minutes ago, lavar1156 said:

Even tho everyone says Jayden I still think Peters and Co. could pull a fast one. And I wouldn't hate it.

Supposedly the Athletic reported that while Daniels and Maye had supporters , Peters came to the conclusion that Daniels is the guy.

I think the only surprise would be if it wasn’t Daniel’s.

We have to do everything so he can last 10 years.

I’d also draft a Brock Purdy type this year or next, in case Jayden doesn’t work out.

I remember those dialup days. I was 32 in 2000. I remember the 91 superbowl run, as I lived in Falls Church that year.

Edited by 88Comrade2000

JJ is my favorite.  He is the quickest decision maker from the bunch. 

But right now, Daniels is the better QB.  He is more experienced and can start week one.  I fully expect it to be Daniels and I have no complaints.  Hopefully we have our own Lamar.  

This is not my first post, new phone and forgot old password (danielredskins). 

Edited by danielcommanders
  • Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, danielcommanders said:

JJ is my favorite.  He is the quickest decision maker from the bunch. 

But right now, Daniels is the better QB.  He is more experienced and can start week one.  I fully expect it to be Daniels and I have no complaints.  Hopefully we have our own Lamar.  

This is not my first post, new phone and forgot old password (danielredskins). 

He’s probably the worst decision maker from the the top 4. What reads was he really making in a run heavy offense? That’s actually one of his weaknesses according to scouts. 

• Thumb down 1

3 hours ago, RWJ said:

From Washington Commanders 2024 NFL Draft: Pre-draft meetings/visit tracker - Hogs Haven last updated Updated Apr 24, 2024, 3:38pm EDT 

I want you all to look at the QB position from this article.  Call it what you will but JJ was the only QB we had dinner with and a private workout with too. 

J.J. McCarthy, QB, Michigan (NFL Combine meeting) (Team Pro Day meeting [Dinner]) (Private workout) (Top 30 visit)

They bought Jayden a chili smoke and chili cheese fries from Ben’s, doesn’t that count?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ExoDus84 said:

If we draft Daniels tomorrow,  can Goodell hand him a double cheeseburger instead of a jersey? 

If we draft Drake Maye tomorrow,  can we hire 5-10 mechanics to fix his car? I mean 5-10 coaches to fix his mechanics as a QB.

Edited by HogsVa7
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

I have a suggestion.

No matter who we pick tomorrow night, after we pick  him, can we reserve this thread for qbs that are actually on our team.

We can then dedicate another thread for those interested in talking about players on other teams that we didn't draft and their exploits during training camp and the season.

Just a thought.

Between the rules and guidelines page, and the forum descriptions, most situations have been well covered.😉

For instance, they describe where you should post topics about any NFL players who are on teams other than the Commanders.🙂

Spoiler: as has always been the procedure for many years here, such content would go in the "Around the NFL" forum. 😮5a077315043ed_churchlady.gif.9794ec43fb4bebd1d88f3e4519afb4cc.gif

• Haha 3

44 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

Luckily, he'll probably hit 225 in about 2 weeks eating this and then unluckily die of a heart attack.

You hit 5 Guys like that on the reg’lar you gonna gain some weight.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

You hit 5 Guys like that on the reg’lar you gonna gain some weight.

Adam Peters gonna stand next to him with a bullhorn yelling "EAT IT" as Jayden, sobbing, slowly shovels ladles full of mayo into his mouth from a 64 oz jar.

Edited by DogofWar1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Menelaos42 said:

https://miketanier.substack.com/p/ultimate-quarterback-stat-pack-jayden

I was looking for JDs air yards vs total passing yards, but found this instead. I'm not sure if I can quote substack, but this was eye-opening for me. It basically says that JD was ridiculously accurate on passes of 15+ air yards, like leaps and bounds beyond his peers.

I have been in the Maye camp since I really started paying attention about a month ago; growing bored with Reddit, I sought ES out again to keep the good stuff in my veins. From the highlight reels, it seemed that he was by far the better option. I saw all the hits that JD takes, and I am grateful that the discourse here made me realize that I'm suffering from RGIII PTSD. It's definitely a thing.

One of you smart cats suggested watching the every catch and run JD comp on the YouTubes... And let me tell you, I was blown away. The guy can make all the throws. He attacks the middle of the field no problem, just doesn't do it as often. I LOVE when he runs to the sideline and gets out of bounds unscathed. I only made it to the seventh game, and that was where I saw him slide for the first time. The thing he absolutely has to stop doing is running into traffic like it's cool. He's gonna get killed. My fear is that some of that is instinctual now, and he will take off like he did in college and get flattened. 

I think our coaching staff can assist in exorcising the "run headlong into big scary dudes" demon, and if they do, I think the future is bright. I'm now completely comfortable drafting him, and I think he'll be better than Maye. 

But like so many in just this thread have said, it's a crap shoot - but I have hope again.

I'm almost 48, watched the 'Skins win in '91 on my best friend's dad's couch. It's been a rough ride since, but I trust that we are in good hands. 

I am by no means on the level of analytics that some of you are, but I'm grateful that you guys are such absolute maniacs that you take it that far. 

Hail.

Welcome to the forum.

Great first post.

Love the name choice. It’s nice to see a few still know that Homer refers to more than just a character on The Simpsons.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, BayouBrave86 said:

He’s probably the worst decision maker from the the top 4. What reads was he really making in a run heavy offense? That’s actually one of his weaknesses according to scouts. 

Show me one JJ scouting report that says the words poor, decision, and maker in the same sentence. 

ill wait…

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Dah-Dee said:

Sounds like Mayo thinks Maye will be there at 3, and he's happy about it:

Hopefully, that’s not a “drive up the price to make a trade” smokescreen.

I’d much rather see Drake in the AFC than in the NFC or even worse in NY.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 1

Just now, CommanderInTheRye said:

Hopefully, that’s not a drive up the price to trade smokescreen.

I’d much rather see Drake in the AFC than in the NFC or even worse in NY.

I just feel like passing on Maye for NE would be overthinking it.  Draft him, sit him for eight games or so, draft around him, maybe grab some guys in the post draft FA pool, and just build around him.  You're #3 in a class with 3-4 blue chip prospects depending on how one ranks them, and you don't know when you'll be back up here.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

Is that a typo, or is there actual bacon in the milkshake??

6 minutes ago, illone said:

Show me one JJ scouting report that says the words poor, decision, and maker in the same sentence. 

ill wait…

I said he’s the worst decision maker of the top four, which he is…but here you so go since you asked..straight from NFL.COM

Said an AFC executive: "He's got arm talent. He's fast. He is a smaller man, so you worry about the pounding. I don't think he's a good processor. [Though he] actually got a good S2 (cognitive test score); I'm surprised he took it because nobody's taking it. Look, I don't penalize him like a lot of people do -- 'Well, they only threw the ball f---ing eight times in this game.' They've done that forever. What I don't like is you can watch a play and you can tell, OK, they're going to this guy. And if the defense calls it, they've got it covered, he will f---ing wait and wait and wait and wait and start moving around and moving around and he is throwing it to that f---ing dude. You're like, Goddamn, look somewhere else! And he's athletic, so a lot of times he can do it. I think there's some miss factor, but there's some upside."

https://www.nfl.com/news/2024-nfl-draft-pro-execs-scouts-coaches-rank-and-evaluate-the-top-20-prospects-in-this-qb-class

You should read up some more on the QBs this draft. There’s some good material out there. 

• Thumb down 2