Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randal 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Fromm battle for QB2 and so begins the Handsome Harem for Hartman

Koolblue13

Carr worked pretty well with that guy who built the Raiders offense a couple of years ago. That coach is washed, but I'm sure Carr would do well with someone from his coaching tree. Someone young at heart, unproven, chomping at the bit to break into the league. That Raiders coach had a younger brother on his coaching staff once upon a time. The Commies should ring him up, maybe even have that older brother hang around and haunt the team facilities as an unpaid intern like they did with Norv.

Edited by NickyJ

7 hours ago, mistertim said:

Yeah I think pretty much the only thing we could offer a decent QB is some really good receivers to throw to. But we'd still have no OC, a HC who might be gone next season due to a looming ownership change, a crappy OL, and a current owner who is probably going to be as cheap as possible on his way out. I have a feeling we'll be pretty far down on most QB's lists. 

I agree with your points, and I don’t think Carr’s on our radar, but… I’d add a very strong D and a good stable of backs to the scale.

25 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

First Spotrac had Heinicke at 20 million, now our back up guard they got at 14 million, I am afraid to see what they will have Payne once they get to him, at this pace, maybe 50 million a year? Holcomb 35 million a year?

Yeah, their projections are nonsense.

9 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

That's cheap for Brissett.  So according to Spotac, Wes Schweitzer is worth three times Brissett.  Heinicke supposedly 4 times the player of Brissett. :ols:

Sign Brissett immediately! 

I like you but bye bye Wes and Heini

• Like 4

On 2/14/2023 at 10:54 PM, wit33 said:

Back up 😉

Not that you want to stray away from competition but Carr I imagine must be thinking there’s opportunity in the NFC to make a run. 

I was referencing the Dolphins chase him.  If the Dolphins are iinvested in Tua IMO run with it.  If you are afraid of his concussions than move on.  I think Carr and Tua in the same QB room spells dysfunction.

As far as what happens with him, guessing the Jets.  the Saints are so screwed with the cap, I don't see how they can work it out.

Jimmy G to the Raiders. And I'd guess Rodgers to the Titans.

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I was referencing the Dolphins chase him.  If the Dolphins are iinvested in Tua IMO run with it.  If you are afraid of his concussions than move on.  I think Carr and Tua in the same QB room spells dysfunction.

As far as what happens with him, guessing the Jets.  the Saints are so screwed with the cap, I don't see how they can work it out.

Jimmy G to the Raiders. And I'd guess Rodgers to the Titans.

IMO going from Carr to Jimmy G would be, at very best, a 100% lateral move. But they'll probably have to pay Jimmy G just as much as they would have had to pay Carr.

10 minutes ago, mistertim said:

IMO going from Carr to Jimmy G would be, at very best, a 100% lateral move. But they'll probably have to pay Jimmy G just as much as they would have had to pay Carr.

Agree but that's the rumor, will see.  The argument would be Jimmy G knows Mcdaniels system and Carr struggled with it.

On 2/15/2023 at 8:27 AM, MartinC said:

I absolutely think they would be a playoff team. But you’d have to put the Chiefs, Bills and Bengals ahead of them at a minimum in the AFC pecking order. 

They’d give the Bills a run for their money in the AFC East.  

I think it’s possible the current window for the Bills might have closed.  They might need to reshape the roster a bit before they try for another run…

I think in a case like that the idea may be at least you're trying a new path.  Maybe the players will react to Jimmy G better, or something.  And at least he has a history of getting people farther

This is fascinating.

If I were going to group the QBs, rated on current play and not longevity, into tiers (players not ordered within their tier) [To be clear, not a whole lot of thought was put into this]:

Tier 1 - Elite of the Elite

Kansas City - Patrick Mahomes

Tier 2 - Elite, but not Patrick Mahomes Elite

Green Bay - Aaron Rodgers

Philadelphia - Jalen Hurts

Buffalo - Josh Allen

Cincinnati - Joe Burrow

LA Chargers - Justin Herbert

Baltimore - Lamar Jackson

Tier 3 - Franchise Quarterbacks

Free Agent - Derek Carr

Free Agent - Jimmy Garrapolo

Minnesota - Kirk Cousins

Los Angeles Rams - Matthew Stafford

Arizona - Kyler Murray

Detroit - Jared Goff

Dallas - Dak Prescott

Tier 4 - Teetering on Franchise

Jacksonville - Trevor Lawrence

Miami - Tua Tagovailoa 

Denver - Russell Wilson

NY Giants - Daniel Jones

Chicago - Justin Fields

San Francisco - Brock Purdy

Seattle - Geno Smith

Tier 5 - Prove It (They slot in tier 5, but they could easily drop to the end of the list or move up)

Washington - Sam Howell

San Francisco - Trey Lance

Atlanta - Desmond Ridder

New England - Mac Jones

Pittsburgh - Kenny Pickett

Tennessee - Malik Willis

Houston - Davis Mills

Tier 6 - Journeymen Who Aren't Bad But Don't Fit in the Above

Free Agent - Jacoby Brissett

Free Agent - Teddy Bridgewater

New Orleans - Andy Dalton (think he's a free agent, too?)

Tennessee - Ryan Tannehill

Free Agent - [REDACTED] (just so I don't hear it from the peanut gallery)

Tier 7 - They Exist and Play Quarterback

Carolina - Sam Darnold

Tampa Bay - Kyle Trask

New York Jets - Zach Wilson

Free Agent To Be - Carson Wentz

Tier 8 - Deshaun Watson

Cleveland - Deshaun Watson

Tier 9 - Do They Even Have a Quarterback?

Indianapolis Colts

Edited by KDawg
  • Haha 2
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

That's cheap for Brissett.  So according to Spotac, Wes Schweitzer is worth three times Brissett.  Heinicke supposedly 4 times the player of Brissett. :ols:

Absolutely no way Carr or Garappolo touch that kind of money. Change is taking place, the media and other outlets are soon to find out.

The days of Stafford made this much after a SB WIN and elite season, so I should get this are over for these dudes lol Eating off other’s accomplishments 

I’ll take the pie in my face if either touch $30mil and it will probably only be a 1 year deal providing team control and flexibility after year 1. 

Edited by wit33
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, wit33 said:

Absolutely no way Carr or Garappolo touch that kind of money. Change is taking place, the media and other outlets are soon to find out.

OK will see.  You've been wrong for years about the gig is up for the good QBs as far as their payday because they keep getting more and more let alone the NFL putting the breaks on it.

Both Carr and Jimmy G are interesting for different reasons. 1. Aaron Rodgers looks to be on the market.  2.  Carr is coming off a down year, if this was after his previous season which was very good, slam dunk he's get that money.   2.  Jimmy G, the rap on him is can he stay healthy?  And he just had another injury filled season.

Neither player is coming off ideal seasons to say the least.

Edited by Skinsinparadise

6 hours ago, wit33 said:

The days of Stafford made this much after a SB WIN and elite season, so I should get this are over for these dudes lol Eating off other’s accomplishments 

I’ll take the pie in my face if either touch $30mil and it will probably only be a 1 year deal providing team control and flexibility after year 1. 

LOL, are you serious?  Carr will definitely reach and exceed that amount alone.  The franchise tag number for QB’s is around $33 million.  That means that the average value for a decent QB now is around that number.  He’s going to be sought after by at least 3 teams who are desperate at finding a franchise QB.  Carr will end up getting close to, or exceeding $40+ per year in his next deal.  Jimmy G is a little more complicated, due to his injury history, but I could see him signing a 2 year $60 million deal, where he gets $30 million AAV from whoever loses out on getting Carr or Rodgers (if he’s traded).

Edited by samy316

2 minutes ago, samy316 said:

LOL, are you serious?  Carr will definitely reach and exceed that amount alone.  The franchise tag number for QB’s is around $35 million.  He’s going to be sought after by at least 3 teams who are desperate at finding a franchise QB.  Carr will end up getting close to, or exceeding $40+ per year in his next deal.  Jimmy G is a little more complicated, due to his injury history, but I could see him signing a 2 year $60 million deal, where he gets $30 million AAV from whoever loses out on getting Carr or Rodgers (if he’s traded).

The Carr deal will be interesting. The Saints wanted him to take a cut on his contract when discussing a trade. Their cap situation may well have influenced that as well though.