Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

5 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Yeah I know the feeling. @Voice_of_Reason's patience and multi-quote chops are just too much for me to deal with sometimes and I throw in the towel as well. Luckily for me we usually agree on stuff for the most part.   :ols:

Maybe for you but Zombies have no life. (Zombie Pun)

57 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Not that it's the be-all-end-all statistic, but in ESPN's QBR, Wentz was rated 9th at 54.7 and Carr was 14th at 52.4.  Granted, pretty close overall, but Wentz was actually graded higher than Carr.

Sure, some statistics can be misleading, and I fully grant that.  

But to say that Carr and Wentz are all that different is a bit misleading also. 

In no Universe is Wentz as good a QB as Carr right now, One guy was winning games throwing for 60 yards, the other dang near threw for 5K with a 68% completion %. They are not the same, not even close. Carr is asked to carry his team and did. Wentz' responsibilities have not been even remotely comparable as the rushing attack became the focal point over the course of the season for the Colts.

No GM in the NFL is taking Wentz over Carr. Not one.

Rodgers

Arron Rodgers signed a 4 year 200 Mil Ex.

Derrek Carr signed a three year 121 Mil Ex.

Other than the fact that all contracts start small and grow, that is not a great comparative contract. Rodgers got more G money (150M) than Carr's next 4 years are even worth total.

Carr's numbers will be a good bit smaller than Rodgers

The thing is, if Wentz pans out

Key word being "if". There is a large difference between the expected and the simply possible, like in an unquestioned future of the franchise vs a guy getting an audition. You can expect and build around the knowledge of being able to make those kinds of moves when you have your guy, but not so much when you have a ? at the QB spot.

As long as you have that ?, there has to be greater emphasis on the backup plan where the ? goes in the undesired direction, so planning to fluxuate Wentz current deal, is not as reasonable as planning to fluxuate an unquestioned future QB, which makes it exceedingly more difficult to make moves this year, that would likely require those future moves to be more feasible.

Edited by FootballZombie
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Ballard also probably deserves a little heat as well.  Granted, he's put together a pretty good team overall, but they lacked weapons, and the OL wasn't terrific.  Add to that they are now going on their 6th different opening day QB in a row, that's not great.  I do understand the context: Luck got hurt and retired, Rivers retired, etc.  But in signing RIvers, they had to know it was most likely a 1 year, or at best 2 year rental.  And now they're doing the same thing with Ryan.

We give our team (now Ron, but the whole organization before) a lot of crap for not finding a QB.  Well, they haven't either. And they didn't this off-season.

Their owner is an over-reactionary jackass...and they get praised. Major media double standard, which I get--Snyder alone brings a lot of heat on himself--and Irsay has had success.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

22 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Wanna tend bar in paradise? I'm hiring.  :ols:

My dream job is to drive the little ferry boats between Epcot and Hollywood studios at Disney World.

Sadly, it looks like I’m going to go back into professional services.

I’m a horrible bar tender.  But I can drive a boat.  

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

My dream job is to drive the little ferry boats between Epcot and Hollywood studios at Disney World.

Golf starter at Augusta.

Season 4 Crash GIF by The Office

• Haha 4

22 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

We give our team (now Ron, but the whole organization before) a lot of crap for not finding a QB.  Well, they haven't either. And they didn't this off-season.  

30 years not finding a QB vs what? 3-4 since Luck quit on them? (but they actually did find Luck and he'd still be in his prime if he didn't quit)

1 hour ago, mistertim said:

270ff0ad-96a0-487a-86ea-b043f5bacc48_text.gif

Ferry boats between Epcot and Hollywood Studios:

1. Disney is the happiest place on Earth.

2. There are stops at the Boardwalk, Yacht Club/Beach Club, and Swan/Dolphin, so there is some variety

3. The weather is great

4. There is no stress.  Unless you are REALLY stupid, the worst that happens is you either miss the dock and have to approach again, or hit it a bit hard, which would knock a couple folks off their feet, but no real damage.  The things don't really go fast enough to do any real damage.  

5. It's about the easiest boating you'll ever have because it's a small manmade lake, with virtually no "weather" to deal with. Also, the boat itself is really interesting.  Single prop which can flip all the way around, and the wheel literally points the direction the prop is pointing.  There is no reverse, per se, you just flip the wheel around.  It's actually very similar to the way cruise ships operate.  But on a ~50 foot little ferry.  

6. If you have an ass hat customer, they're going to be gone in MAX 17 minutes.  In my current line of work, an ass hat customer can stick around for 4 years. 

7. I like to drive boats.  

I've given this way too much thought.  Other boat captain jobs would be fine too.  I'm sure there are others which meet all the criteria above. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Ferry boats between Epcot and Hollywood Studios:

1. Disney is the happiest place on Earth.

2. There are stops at the Boardwalk, Yacht Club/Beach Club, and Swan/Dolphin, so there is some variety

3. The weather is great

4. There is no stress.  Unless you are REALLY stupid, the worst that happens is you either miss the dock and have to approach again, or hit it a bit hard, which would knock a couple folks off their feet, but no real damage.  The things don't really go fast enough to do any real damage.  

5. It's about the easiest boating you'll ever have because it's a small manmade lake, with virtually no "weather" to deal with. Also, the boat itself is really interesting.  Single prop which can flip all the way around, and the wheel literally points the direction the prop is pointing.  There is no reverse, per se, you just flip the wheel around.  It's actually very similar to the way cruise ships operate.  But on a ~50 foot little ferry.  

6. If you have an ass hat customer, they're going to be gone in MAX 17 minutes.  In my current line of work, an ass hat customer can stick around for 4 years. 

7. I like to drive boats.  

I've given this way too much thought.  Other boat captain jobs would be fine too.  I'm sure there are others which meet all the criteria above. 

I always thought that driving the trains at Busch Gardens would be a cool retirement job..

download (9).jpg

Edited by Chris 44

3 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

If something calls to you, I mean truly calls to you, find a way to pursue it.

Metaphysics and religion to the side, the only certainty we have is right now-- this precise moment in an infinite series of moments.

Live each moment fearlessly-- for you may never pass this way again.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

You are a very strange dude meson  :ols:

I mean sure.  I've spent 25 years of career in a high-stress situation that probably has shortened my life, and so now I long for driving boats and trains. 

Though, because I'm either a glutton for punishment, a complete idiot, or greedy (probably all three), I'm probably going to sign up for the same high-stress career situation for the next 20 years.  

THEN I'm going to go drive a boat around Disney World GODDAMNIT.

47 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Metaphysics and religion to the side, the only certainty we have is right now-- this precise moment in an infinite series of moments.

whoa thats deep bro - Big Lebowski | Meme Generator

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

reported

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, zCommander said:

Not sure how that is funny to you. Most people on that post is saying Nope. Smart is to know that TH is a valuable backup who knows the system and can in for spill if Wentz is out of a game or two or three. 

I think the idea that Heinicke had a "career year" and has any sort of real trade value is the funny part. We'd probably get a 6th round pick for him. So yes he's definitely more valuable as a decent backup than an extra 6th round pick.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

That Heinicke article is some next level clickbaiting. It tricks everyone into replying. No matter what kinda lunatic someone is, there is gonna be some part they disagree with. It's either gonna result in the lunatic response of, "He's too valuable to trade", or just people laughing at the career year phrase. I'm not gonna bother replying but it'd be something like this:

Career year in that the majority of his playing time will likely be that year.

Edited by SpacePenguin
  • Haha 3

Gotta imagine a lot of that 7 Mil is incentive based, since outside of 2 Mil signing bonus as a rookie, Geno has never had a cap hit above 1.2 Mil

Dude has an oppo to almost double his career earnings in year 11. Don't see that to often.

Edited by FootballZombie