Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

15 minutes ago, illone said:

Orlovsky is such a tool

Orlovsky just said he would take Daniels at one and we would be crazy to not take him at two..Then he says JJ will be rookie of the year if he goes to the Vikings 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I got a list of bonafide studs that I want at 36.  Forget QB, if Peters crosses me in the 2nd round, I am done with this new regime. 

McConkey in particular is the next Cooper Kupp.  But if Quinn gets in the way of this pick or Peters falls to the draft media pressure on this and takes a dude that is overhyped who i don't like ala Troy Franklin, I am out!

giphy.gif

Hard to believe coming from you, SIP.  I didn't think via one player in the draft in a certain round and selection in the draft you'd say such a thing.  Let Peters work, man.  He should be given the opportunity to work this draft and the next to see if he's the read deal.  Are you being serious with this post?  Seems hard to believe to me.  

5 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Hard to believe coming from you, SIP.  I didn't think via one player in the draft in a certain round and selection in the draft you'd say such a thing.  Let Peters work, man.  He should be given the opportunity to work this draft and the next to see if he's the read deal.  Are you being serious with this post?  Seems hard to believe to me.  

I think @mistertim, @SkinsFTW, @Warhead36, and @SoCalSkinsFan got together said **** it and just hacked his account. 😁

No way the @Skinsinparadise I know wrote that.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye

9 minutes ago, BayouBrave86 said:

:lol: it’s all a huge conspiracy to push Daniels to Washington by analysts and the media! Come on now. Maye isn’t getting past pick 3 and the Pats aren’t trading down. 

It's really not a conspiracy it's a fact they are pushing for us to take Daniels at 2 , do you have different channels that I don't?  If it was up to most of them, the card would already be turned in. 

2 minutes ago, FlyBigBeard said:

It's really not a conspiracy it's a fact they are pushing for us to take Daniels at 2 , do you have different channels that I don't?  If it was up to most of them, the card would already be turned in. 

I Must have missed it.  Who is "they" and why are "they" wanting us to take Daniels so badly?  Just to be right so their mocks are correct?  I guess I don't buy some agenda where so many anonymous scouts, coaches and members of the media want Washington to take Daniels at all costs. What would be the reason?

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

41 minutes ago, mac8887 said:

I think he can get through his 2nd contract before he starts to lose his wheels. By then, you would hope he will have mastered his craft as a passer enough that he can still be capable to lead the team to being a playoff contender.

I think he can be one of the better passers in the league before his second contract if we nurture that side of his game. He has enough wheels to get him out of trouble, but I would rather they use him in a timing based passing attack that he has show he can get a feel for.....and then use his legs as sparingly as possible until he can master that. I don't want them to be a crutch. Maybe use them enough that they are a threat so he gets easier looks but not much more than that unless we are in serious contention for something. 

But then I actually think he an Maye are very similar in that regard. Daniels just has way more reps and that gives him a leg up. 

17 minutes ago, RWJ said:

giphy.gif

When I go for a sarcastic timing based joke, you are the one, often the only one who misses the humor sometimes when I do that.  So lol, I guess that's on me-- if I don't put a laugh emoji on it, someone will take it seriously.

You can't be following my posting that closely on this thread if I am responding to people being out on Peters for the QB pick and having fun with the idea that some think they know for almost certain about this QB versus that QB. 

And then me hitting that am out if they don't take my favorite player in round 2.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Professor_Nutter_Butter said:

I'm preparing myself to weep Thursday when Washington takes Daniels. Not looking forward to it.

Weeping would be an improvement. Im going to be royally PO’d on what should be one the most exciting nights in recent memory for the team.  Disappointing doesn’t even come close to covering it. Please just let them take JJ if they aren’t sold on Maye.  🙏 

5 minutes ago, Idaho fan said:

I Must have missed it.  Who is "they" and why are "they" wanting us to take Daniels so badly?  Just to be right so their mocks are correct?  I guess I don't buy some agenda where so many anonymous scouts, coaches and members of the media want Washington to take Daniels at all costs. What would be the reason?

Who are they?

How naive you are!

They are the reptilians who live beneath the surface of our planet, they are the secret societies that rule and control our every desire, they are the ones who assassinated Lincoln, Kennedy, Sadat, and scores of other leaders who "got out of line".

Look behind every corner, within every shadow, above every mountain and they are there.

And with all that power, control, and dominance the one matter they have focused all their efforts on is making sure that we draft Jayden Daniels.

How naive you doubters are.

I bet some of you even  think that the earth is really round and that we actually landed people on the moon and it wasn't a film studio special effect.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Who are they?

How naive you are!

They are the reptilians who live beneath the surface of our planet, they are the secret societies that rule and control our every desire, they are the ones who assassinated Lincoln, Kennedy, Sadat, and scores of other leaders who "got out of line".

Look behind every corner, within every shadow, above every mountain and they are there.

And with all that power, control, and dominance the one matter they have focused all their efforts on is making sure that we draft Jayden Daniels.

I bet some of you even  think that the earth is really round and that we actually landed people on the moon and it wasn't a film studio special effect.

Finally a level headed post in this thread!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Really Really like the fact that they are solid at staying put.  To me it means they are locked in and sold on their guy.  They are confident with the pick.  I think that player is Daniels and Im as excited as ever!  If it turns out to be Maye I'll also be all in.  Either way Im glad that they seem to be set at who they want. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Who are they?

How naive you are!

See this guy gets it lol 🤣 👽🛸

• Haha 1

Makes sense now why we brought in Penix. If the Raiders blew us away with an offer, we would have moved down and then maybe taken him(might have to trade back up a bit though).

But the offer didn't blow us away, so we sit pat at 2.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

And that is the point I was trying to make.

If you want to get a franchise quarterback, your chances are better at the top of the draft than lower, but the hit rate on QBs overall is low. 

It’s not really what you were saying, you explicitly said you thought there was probably a slight lean but you “don’t think there’s an overwhelming hit vs miss ratio”. There is though. Even if the hit rate on a top-5 QB is only 10-15% (that’s probably lowballing it, but being extremely conservative for the sake of argument) that is immensely higher than a mid-late round QB having like a .1-.5% chance to hit or whatever. And the numbers are that stark. 

But yes, we agree that overall the hit rate is always low. The difference in degrees is staggering though, is my point. It absolutely matters if you want a real shot at a franchise QB. 

I have the same regard for Shraeger as a credible football media source as SIP has for Keim. Plus, the fact he reads to me like an exceptionally decent and principled human in general carries weight with me.

It's hard to think that the current volume level of JD going #2 is more smoke than fire. It's hard to choose to believe this isn't a well founded general consensus by a big margin and is instead just media noise to generate clicks at this point. 

Since I still prefer Maye, but have a lot of agreement with the typical pro JD points made, I'm prepared to be hopeful re: my worries and excited about the fun there can be in watching JDs style of play, passing and running.

We have fierce pass rushers and DL's in our division, and of course in the league at large. Appropriately supporting either Maye or JD via roster and scheming is of course key for either guy to succeed, but in JD's case protecting his body from impact is a specific priority in my opinion. I trust if we're drafting him our f.o. knows this well and will move accordingly.

• Like 15

37 minutes ago, RWJ said:

How do you survive on the internet 

• Haha 6

1 minute ago, Conn said:

It’s not really what you were saying, you explicitly said you thought there was probably a slight lean but you “don’t think there’s an overwhelming hit vs miss ratio”. There is though. Even if the hit rate on a top-5 QB is only 10-15% (that’s probably lowballing it, but being extremely conservative for the sake of argument) that is immensely higher than a mid-late round QB having like a .1-.5% chance to hit or whatever. And the numbers are that stark. 

But yes, we agree that overall the hit rate is always low. The difference in degrees is staggering though, is my point. It absolutely matters if you want a real shot at a franchise QB. 

No, it is exactly what I was saying.  Take all the 1st round quarterbacks taken.  The number that turn into franchise quarterbacks (hits) vs. those that don't (misses) is not "overwhelming."

That's a different point than your point that the chances of getting a franchise quarterback are better drafting high over drafting lower.