Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

Just now, mistertim said:

Maybe the interview and meeting with everyone in general didn't go that great? We know that Maye and McCarthy at least are much more extroverted and vocal. Maybe Daniels and his agent didn't really think it was a fair setting for him to show himself.

This I can see, but still the behavior is unprofessional.

I don't think there's any world where Peters told Daniels he won't be the pick. Why say that? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

I don't buy that. If anything, he'd want to drop so Vegas could come get him. He wants to reunite with his ASU mentor Antonio Pierce.

It's more likely that he'd pull an actual Eli and try to force his way there, but even then, that wouldn't happen publicly. Truly don't get how this behavior is serving Butler's client.

Maybe the agent is a Redskins fan and trying to save us. 

😂

Edited by SoCalSkins
  • Haha 7
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Yeah, it would be the biggest smokescreen ever and it might only work once. All this extra attention to Daniels and we draft Maye.  Future prospects might be a little Leary in the future of our intentions.

Not at all. Players know this is bull**** season. It's all smoke and miirrors. Anyone drawing anything out of this other than the team doing due diligence is not worth having. Too weak minded. 

Not directed at you - just a starting point.

As for the way they picked Daniels up vs the others 🙂  That is really looking for any morsel of something to give people a clue. Also, the video above with DJ says they did this type of thing in SF also. Did anyone clock who was picked up by whom? Much ado about nothing fro me.

But agian, I have less of a care on who they choose. I think they are both phenmenol QBs. I also know that statistically speaking if Caleb Williams is successful, the chances of BOTH Maye and Daniels being busts is huge. 

The Commanders did not tell any of the players that visited this week they were going to get drafted.

I agree with the posters that said Daniels time here did not go as well as he perceived.  He talked to his agent, and his agent is spouting off.

GMAP wanted to differentiate and verify who he wants to pick.  I would love to find out what they did and went through.  Hints online that they met with various people in interviews.  I wonder if say Harris and say a Magic were in their own interview?  Players bounced around to interview locations and such.  Speculation, but they had to meet with the offensive coaches and at least some front office personnel - make sense that it was separately.  This is basically a set of job interviews to gather information.  By doing them all in the same day - I think you can better compare the QB's instead of a week or two to talk to each QB separately.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

Wow Daniels' agent doubled down. I was expecting the opposite... that he'd un-like the previous Tweet after people started noticing.

Why would he do this? What does he have to gain?

Getting his client, JD to LV is my guess.  Less money but where he may want to be and a HC that really wants him bad.  I can see NE making a BIG trade with LV at this time now.  Bring on Maye.  

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

This I can see, but still the behavior is unprofessional.

I don't think there's any world where Peters told Daniels he won't be the pick. Why say that? 

Although I hope he did. 

A smart move for Maye fans might be to take advantage of the betting odds on Maye being the 2nd pick in the draft TONIGHT before they adjust.

With the agent doubling down he is sending a clear message to us abd the league that can't be ignored.

Something happened today that has made Jayden's agent declare war.

If this isn't what Jayden wants he needs to say so publicly and/or fire him.

Otherwise I'm assuming they are going scorched earth and want no part of us.

This is going to be a major story tommorrow on all of the talking head shows. 

What a mess.

2 hours ago, Wyvern said:

The only point I'd make is whether any weight gain on Daniels part would help what I see as a slender chassis and shoulder structure. 

While you might be able to increase muscle mass (ideally without steroids) especially in the thigh region, It's very difficult to increase the density or strength of your bone structure.  And if possible, that's a slow process generally your stuck with the frame you were given to grow into.

From what I've seen in many  Video clips, the top half of Daniels is slender, albeit some what muscled.  Even so, that kind of frame could be vulnerable to an illegally rough sack.  And the flexibility to absorb that kind of shock to one's skeletal frames and tendons gets worse as you get closer to 30.

Even with his "210 weight" as reported , I'm worried Daniels could be sidelined by sacking injuries if he lands on his shoulder, when being taken down hard.  I see a slender frame, maybe even more slender than WRs, who only have to worry about 200+ lbs. Safeties and CBs, not 300 lb. linemen.

And I'm not even considering what happens to him, if he tries running.

Everything I've seen is "fragile". And potentially even more fragile, as the hits mount up. 

This is what happened to anthony richardson, who is a good 30-35lb. heavier than daniels with a huge frame for a QB. 

Crazy thought: maybe the fact that daniels is way lighter would actually benefit him in this respect, since its much less weight/force when he goes down? He might still have the 300lb. lineman bringing him down but not an added 240lb. of his own weight crashing down on that shoulder when he hits the ground 

17 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

Gentlemen: TK and I discussed the following matter earlier today.

I wish such an interruption wasn't necessary. And it's only necessary because of a small number of usually fine long time ES'ers.  But we're all human. 

In the last week there have been well more than a dozen posts from folks that included content that doesn't belong in this forum. Those posts were removed from view.

People who were repeat offenders didn't seem to notice. So please click on and read this link to the sticky thread at the top of the forum which has been updated today.

Now let's get back to the crazy of QB wars.  😁👍

Without going back to check whether or not any of my posts have been deleted, confirming what I already know, please accept my apologies. Especially for ramping it up these last few days… It started to look like we were taking Daniels and I was going to have to go back and delete most of those next week anyways. That was the best plan I could come up with to get you to do my work for me. 

• Haha 2

I like my QBs to come from programs that make "the team, the team, the team" a central part of institutional culture.

I also like guys who are dubbed the best ever after 2 years starts at a program that's had many NFL players at QB over decades. 

My best guess is that JJs charisma and abundance of football knowledge bestowed upon him by Harbaugh really wowed everyone there, and that’s what has Jayden’s agent doing this.

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Looks like he's essentially doubling down now. This was just a few minutes ago.

So the tweet he is commenting on is not from a major account. If you search “Drake Maye Commanders” that was one of the first hits today.

I did the search earlier today to see if there was news. I can almost guarantee you the agent made that same search and landed on that tweet. So maybe someone told him it’s going to be Maye and he’s acting out .

Just now, mac8887 said:

My best guess is that JJs charisma and abundance of football knowledge bestowed upon him by Harbaugh really wowed everyone there, and that’s what has Jayden’s agent doing this.

That's possible or it could have been Maye or even Penix that wowed the crowd.

It was certainly a setup that didn't play to Jayden's strengths.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Looks like he's essentially doubling down now. This was just a few minutes ago.

This is interesting. It makes me think the vibe they got dealing with our FO was that Jayden was not our guy and wouldn’t be the pick. Getting out in front of not being the #2 pick by making Washington look clueless is the only possible motive here. Otherwise this is fruitless and makes your client’s life harder when he’s drafted here. Only makes sense if they think he’s not the guy.

Similar to when Ben Johnson’s agent leaked that he thought Harris was a “basketball guy” who didn’t get football, when it became clear he wasn’t an instant front-runner for the job before the in-person interview that was eventually cancelled by Johnson. Getting ahead of things. 

Feels like if my interpretation is correct, we’ll start seeing media people change their guesses and mocks to be Maye, as the agent leaks all over the league. 

Edited by Conn
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

Just now, CommanderInTheRye said:

It was certainly a setup that didn't play to Jayden's strengths.

That GM Peters - making thing difficult for a bunch of college quarterbacks that have done nothing in the NFL.

• Like 1

On 4/17/2024 at 9:20 PM, RWJ said:

Getting his client, JD to LV is my guess.  Less money but where he may want to be and a HC that really wants him bad.  I can see NE making a BIG trade with LV at this time now.  Bring on Maye.  

Maybe not less money because Nevada doesnt collect income taxes.

Edited by SkinsFTW
  • Thanks 1

I agree with @RWJ. Here's my conspiracy theory that I actually think might be the most plausible possible explanation: Antonio Pierce has told Jayden he thinks New England is willing to trade down from 3 but that Washington is sticking at 2. If Wash selects Maye, he will make the Godfather offer to go up to 3 and get him. But there's nothing he can do if Wash takes him at 2. So the agent is pulling a pseudo-Eli and trying to push the Commies towards Maye to give Pierce the opening to move up to 3.

Edited by CapsSkins
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, Fred Jones said:

That GM Peters - making thing difficult for a bunch of college quarterbacks that have done nothing in the NFL.

The entitlement from Jayden’s camp is astonishing. It’s a job interview for 1 of 32 jobs on planet earth that can set you up with generational wealth if you perform and you are disparaging the hiring company in public on social media? Such a me-first attitude. Maybe it’s out of the box and they do things differently but to come out publicly is just such bad form. 

• Thumb up 3

9 minutes ago, mac8887 said:

giphy.gif

• Haha 2