Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

1 hour ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Wait a minute this dude's only got 1500 followers.

He's full of it (I think).

Waiting for confirmation from reputable source.

Screenshot_20240415_210209_X.thumb.jpg.30f6496e7f13882e8b3cea039468b29d.jpg

Bingo!

21 minutes ago, Dah-Dee said:

Good grief.

Same dude that said you could double down on JD.  :ols:  

16 minutes ago, Dah-Dee said:

Good grief.

Schefter is certainly a credible source. The last day for 30 visits is Wednesday according to the NFL website.

So if the reputably sourced reports that we've heard are accurate  this would mean...

Mon-Tue: Daniels

Tue-Wed: McCarthy

Tue- Wed: Maye 

Tue- Wed: Penix 

Something still isn't right.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Schefter is certainly a credible source. The last day for 30 visits is Wednesday according to the NFL website.

So if the reputably sourced reports that we've heard are accurate  this would mean...

And no Daniels report for today? You think the media would be in Ashburn today.

• Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

I've heard it is April 19, which is Friday.

Googled at it came up in a Buffalo newspaper article too, but you need a subscription to see the article 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Over the last day and a half the board has come closer to the center of “both of them could possibly be good” than the very Maye leaning “Daniels has bust written all over him” argument. Part of the fun for me is learning about football from people who are willing to interact with my clearly less educated ideas.

I think he is the definition of biased. Calling him out wasn’t intended to be a slight to him, just pointing out that I think he is unfair in some of his points. I don’t even really think he is wrong his stats have merit I just don’t like how he frames some of them. So here I go arguing again. 

He convinced me though of some of it though. Not sure how much still reevaluating my opinion. I definitely argue to either be convinced to try to convince. That’s the fun for me and I dare say it has helped me in my professional life. I don’t think y’all know how smart some of you are compared to most people. I work with people who all have multiple masters and all the other documents saying how smart they are. None of them can argue a point like some of you can. I’m being very serious. The things I learn challenging y’all are not all football related.

Now I totally agree with you on this. I am learning new things every time I read this thread. Folks on this board are a wealth of info in every aspect of the game. I didn't mean to come across as a smack-down of your post. Sorry if it did. I actually love the comedic value of many of your posts, as well as Rufus, Sacks and AW-is-my-B. We're getting near crunch-time with the pick and folks are getting ancy. I understand. It's the nature of the magnitude of this draft. A total paradigm shift from the last 3 decades. The simple fact that so many ES'ers are engaged on this board during the lull of the off-season is exciting. It's electric. And I will support whomever we finally choose. Even though I do lean Maye, lol. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

6 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

I've heard it is April 19, which is Friday.

Googled at it came up in a Buffalo newspaper article too, but you need a subscription to see the article 

Damn now I'm really confused again. lol

I didn't check myself but iirc someone said they went to the NFL website and confirmed Wed the 17th as the last day if 30 visits.

However, if the last day is actually Fri. we can schedule all 4 qbs with ease. A Friday termination date is logical and makes sense.

--shrug--

XXXXX

4 minutes ago, Llevron said:

What are they gonna do break in? Lol

Dude, Finlay rented a helicopter to buzz FedEx Field to get the scoop on our great new Commanders name. lol

There's no telling what they'd do to get video of JD walking into Commanders Park.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Thumb up 1

5 minutes ago, Llevron said:

What are they gonna do break in? Lol

Come on, man! What was he wearing? Was there burgundy in the outfit? Was he wearing red, white and/or blue, indicating he wants to got to the Patriots?

Was he drinking anything when he entered the building? If so, was it gold ole' American Dunkin Donuts coffee or was he drinking a Starbuck latte like some kind of communist?

If you don't think there was news value to seeing him arrive you are a fool. A FOOL, I SAY!!! 

200w.gif?cid=6c09b9523ussrerbfragmcmy4tn

Edited by Rufus T Firefly
  • Haha 5
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

We botched this by wasting time with guys like Penix and Mccarthy. 

Tuesday Daniels. Wednesday Maye. Simple.

Im already losing faith in this regime. Twice they’ve suffered from decision paralysis.

• Like 1
  • Thumb down 2

57 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Cooley back on Sheehan.  Made me realize how much I missed listening to him.  Super cool guy.

It was hilarious listening him actually say he was so down on Haskins that he went to Dan and Bruce and tried to talk them out of drafting him.

He did like Lamar as I remembered.  Again he's hit and miss on QBs as any mortal though.

He doubled down on loving Daniels, even more strongly hinted that he liked Maye too, started watching him.

Cooley giving validation makes me feel good about my take, we are in a rare position at 2 to add a special player at the most important position in sports.

It’s natural based off history to want to be right and dismiss these guys based on the sheer odds that usually occur with QBs at the top of the draft. It’s just that this isn’t a normal draft. Most drafts teams would die to draft a Maye or Daniels at ONE, and this year we have the unique position of drafting either one of them at 2. Does that mean they have no chance of busting? Of course not. But these are legitimate prospects that could go number one in any number of years. Guys like Darnold and Bortles felt way more of reaches due to their potential and importance of position than guys like JD or Maye. McCarthy feels like that guy more so this year but even he has a chance to succeed (don’t advocate taking him at 2). 

I think with how prevalent QB busts are it’s causing some over analysis and reaches on who will be this years disappointment. Again, could totally happen with any of these guys. Statistics will tell you that it should. But a lot of it will depend on situation and I think if either of these guys are put in the right position they will succeed.

The points I’m referring to are mostly JD related. I think Maye has his fair share of backers on this board and makes good points on why he’d be a great selection.

To read things like Daniels is a one read and go guy or will only be picked bc he will be more ready to contribute rookie year are really tough takes to swallow. I watched all of his sacks and to say pressure to sack ratio is a concern is laughable at best. What is a concern is an overall lack of pressure and how does he fare differently in a situation with more pressure, but idc what the metric says. Watch the tape and it’s obvious that most of his sacks were not him drifting into pressure or making a mistake. Just an example of the “reaching” I’m referring to. 

8 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Im already losing faith in this regime. Twice they’ve suffered from decision paralysis.

You sound like Dan Snyder!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

The first was trying to interview  Ben Johnson the second day he was available to be interviewed and Macdonald the first day he was available?

I don’t know how you can get over this, but you probably should.  The only way they didn’t wait until the days they were interviewing Johnson and Macdonald would have been to hire a coach without speaking to either of them.  So, Raheem Morris? 

I don’t know who they’re going to select.  I’m absolutely confident they got as much time as they wanted with every candidate.  They had weeks to do this. 

Just because the reporting is weird, don’t dwell on it.  These guys really seem like they know what they’re doing.

I will, however, say this is their first time through the process as leaders of the process. They will learn from this experience, things they liked and things they didn’t.  Because that’s what experience is..

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

I'm waiting to hear how this all shook out before jumping to far up the conclusion tree. But it seems, at best, questionable if accurate.

• Like 1

I can envision them being able to break up in groups and cycle through guys, but I’m curious how that would break down - like maybe Peters and Quinn together, Kliff and Johnson together, and Pritchard and Blough together?  Which still leaves Newmark, Gribble, the Marty’s, maybe Toub and/or scouts?  Interesting situation for sure.

7 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

I can envision them being able to break up in groups and cycle through guys, but I’m curious how that would break down - like maybe Peters and Quinn together, Kliff and Johnson together, and Pritchard and Blough together?  Which still leaves Newmark, Gribble, the Marty’s, maybe Toub and/or scouts?  Interesting situation for sure.

They have other visits too besides QB.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

So many people are either Maye or Daniels.  Be wild if Peters selected McCarthy with the #2.  Fine with me if not Maye but there would be a lot of disappointed people if it's not Daniels or Maye.  Yes, I would be disappointed if Daniels is the pick but you root for who the guy is Peter's selects.  

Guys, we just hire NFL insider and rules expert Dave Gardi.  He has a workaround for the team 30 visits deadline.  Since they have another week for visits that are not on site, they have rented an extra large Winnebago.  It will be stocked with several white boards and a projector and will be park just outside the facilities.  First class all the way for Mr. Harris and the Commanders.  😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Dah-Dee said:

The order in which they take the visits means next to nothing, in my opinion. This is deception season and Peters has kept everything close to the vest. I wouldn't think just because Daniels is the first visit that that necessarily makes him the favorite. Peters isn't going to tip his hand with something that simple. I'm not at all saying Daniels isn't going to be the guy, just saying that him being the first visit doesn't mean you should bet the farm on he's going to be. 

Something else on the whole deception thing and how the order of visits and who you bring in isn't a tell all. They're bringing in Penix for a visit. Call it due diligence or whatever you want, but there is zero chance we're taking Penix.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Panninho said:

Apparently, they are all coming in on Tuesday. I still find this a bit weird. If these meetings are so important, why not take your time with every single one of them?

If they are all on Tuesday they are going to make the compete and I suddenly like it.

I dunno. All confusing. They keep us guessing for sure don’t they

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

What was their other decision paralysis?  HC?  Feels like they came out with a gem. They were jazzed about Quinn from the jump so they never felt rushed.

It was insane how many FAs they signed so quickly.  Keim talked about this is in a podcast as to how quickly they moved compared to for example the previous regime and cited Newmark specifically for being very good at making decisions and moving on them.

Not sure what there is to fret about the team visits?  In Keim's latest podcast he said

Tuesday:  Daniels arrived yesterday, meeting today

Wednesday:  Both Maye-McCarthy at different times

Some other players in the mix, too.  So its not a full 16 hour marathon with any of these players.  I gather no player anywhere has a dawn to dusk meeting and that's normal

Planning an outing with these guy too as part of that which Keim has described as fun and unique.  Just guessing here but maybe they take a bunch of them for a tour of DC at the end of the day or something like that?

I get the notion that some have that if Peters doesn't end up agreeing with our draft takes, is he really good at his job?  On that same note, I don't see how anyone could be pissed about any of the permutations of these meetings considering some are making the case that they from their couch can make a definitive take of who they should take with just about total certainty.  So if that's the case, why would people give a rats behind if they even have these team visits let alone care about their length?

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2