Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

7 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

That's...probably going to be at least 90% spot on lolol.

I think the nil stuff is just what we already know about how there was one nil Maye wouldn't take unless they paid his OL too.

Yep I recall that story.   Mack Brown talked about this recently, if I recall on Path to the Draft.  He would only do it if teammates are included.  And then talk about how Alabama wanted him badly from the jump.  Maybe add some editorial that Saban was in love with his high school tape.  But Maye's loyalty runs deep.  His dad, etc played at UNC. 

Teams really really are impressed with Maye's loyalty and that the dude doesn't throw anyone under the bus.  This hasn't escaped anyone.  Then say something like this narrative weighs heavily on Adam Peters who is looking for not just a good player but someone who will represent this franchise well.  Then maybe add something like -- the Vikings with ties to Maye dating back to high school, know Maye's character and would pounce if by chance Maye falls in the draft.

Look, i love Drake Maye.  Not just the player, I like the dude.  But its not hard for me to spin some narratives and embellish a little to make the story a little more sexy and gossipy by combining facts that not everyone has paid attention to and might not know and add a little gossip twist to it that has a chance to be true.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Going Commando said:

Not me.  I think we do it too, but it's a **** up and I'm going into this eyes open.  If we do this and Jayden is skinny Justin Fields and Drake Maye becomes Josh Allen part 2 in New England, Adam Peters's career is over.

Drake Maye could end up like Trubisky and Howell too and Peters' career is over. Such is life.

Edited by BayouBrave86
  • Like 1

On 10/21/2021 at 2:30 AM, Est.1974 said:

Tua would be worth a day 2 pick.

Rivera probably liked him in the draft more than was widely believed, but had his hands tied to Haskins for that season.

From Spotrac.  You going to pay $23 mill on last year of his current contract?

image.png.9005e5e5c49bad04c761cfbbf56caf53.png

6 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Teams really really are impressed with Maye's loyalty and that the dude doesn't throw anyone under the bus.  This hasn't escaped anyone.  Then say something like this narrative weighs heavily on Adam Peters who is looking for not just a good player but someone who will represent this franchise well.  Then maybe add something like -- the Vikings with ties to Maye dating back to high school, know Maye's character and would pounce if by chance Maye falls in the draft.

^^^^ Compare and contrast this with 'lil Jay and his "mommy" mouthpiece disparaging his ASU teammates on his way out, while contributing to the downfall of the entire staff.  Its not hard to see which is more ready for the mental grind that is the NFL.

2 minutes ago, ggarriso said:

^^^^ Compare and contrast this with 'lil Jay and his "mommy" mouthpiece disparaging his ASU teammates on his way out, while contributing to the downfall of the entire staff.  Its not hard to see which is more ready for the mental grind that is the NFL.

I like Drake's makeup and character.

I've heard good things about Daniels too on that front -- but the parent red flag takes me back to the RG3 days in a bad way.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

Am I reading that Drake has a 2 day visit and Jayden Daniels a 1 day visit?

Both are two days. I'm guessing the first day its they come in in the evening, meet and greet, probably a dinner, and then the next day they get an entire day to grind.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

Am I reading that Drake has a 2 day visit and Jayden Daniels a 1 day visit?

....and Drake is meeting at Mortons, but Jayden's is at Chipotle.....

Feel free to read a lot into this

• Haha 6

12 minutes ago, BayouBrave86 said:

Drake Maye could end up like Trubisky and Howell too and Peters' career is over. Such is life.

Indeed. But also anyone with eyeballs can see that Drake Maye is a superior prospect to Trubisky and Howell. And to tie prospects together because of the school they played at is pure laziness.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Both are two days. I'm guessing the first day its they come in in the evening, meet and greet, probably a dinner, and then the next day they get an entire day to grind.

They probably stopped doing 1 day meetings after Howell. They want to make sure the guy doesn’t bring his own chicken nuggets with him to dinner at the steak house. 😂 

If Maye has never had a burger in his life, my opinion of him would completely change. I’m still shocked by that fact with Howell. Plus he’s a little chubby. If you are eating avocado ice cream like Brady to be more pliable fine, but the Sam Howell diet is unacceptable.

Jayden looks like one those guys that can eat 10 plates of food and not gain weight. 

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

They probably stopped doing 1 day meetings after Howell. They want to make sure the guy doesn’t bring his own chicken nuggets with him to dinner at the steak house. 😂 

If Maye has never had a burger in his life, my opinion of him would completely change. I’m still shocked by that fact with Howell. Plus he’s a little chubby. If you are eating avocado ice cream like Brady to be more pliable fine, but the Sam Howell diet is unacceptable.

Jayden looks like one those guys that can eat 10 plates of food and not gain weight. 

Have no fear

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CyGhFF4r-Sg/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, redskinss said:

1. Insights into his UNC situation 2. New info on the NIL/transfer rumors 3. Update on how teams view this info

What does any of that even mean?

His unc situation? Appears to me is about to be non existent because he'll be in the nfl.

New info on nil/transfer?

What new info? Again seems irrelevant in 2 weeks.

I definitely feel like I'm missing something here.

Probably just positive stuff with details about the NIL deals he included his OL group in, if anything 

edit: I read further and see people already talking about this, nvm

Edited by Conn
  • Thumb up 1

29 minutes ago, DiscoBob said:

....and Drake is meeting at Mortons, but Jayden's is at Chipotle.....

That was the original plan, but....

JD5: I hear we're eating at Chipotle, cool, I do like a good burrito bowl.

GMAP: Yeah, I was just talking with Quinn about that *pinches JD5 ribs* but, um, have you ever heard of.... Golden Corral?

• Haha 2

Those were definitely pickle slices not fresh cucumber .

Good looking basic bacon cheeseburger and I like that he sandwiched the bacon between 2 slices of cheese, but I would have  doubled the bacon and added grilled onions, grilled shrooms, lettuce, tomato, Hellman's mayo and Heinz ketchup, plus a side of crispy onion rings to mine.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Those were definitely pickle slices not fresh cucumber.

Good looking basic bacon cheeseburger, but I would have  doubled the bacon and added grilled onions, grilled shrooms, lettuce, tomato, Hellman's mayo and Heinz ketchup, plus a side of crispy onion rings to mine.

I’m not sure. They could technically have a vinegar seasoning on them but they aren’t traditional pickle slices. There is almost no movement when he folds the burger together. Pickles would be less firm. The color definitely looks like English cucumber slices. 

IMG_1817.jpeg.88828400875f21c5078f37cce089129b.jpeg

• Thumb up 1

6 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

I’m not sure. They could technically have a vinegar seasoning on them but they aren’t traditional pickle slices. There is almost no movement when he folds the burger together. Pickles would be less firm. The color definitely looks like English cucumber slices. 

IMG_1817.jpeg.88828400875f21c5078f37cce089129b.jpeg

Damn, you got me. It's definitely very similar to English cucumber, it could go either way.

EDIT:

If it is just regular cucumber-- hell no it's gotta go! Has no place on a real burger.

image.thumb.png.0db260279523e26bd791a19a3412aa3c.png

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Thumb up 1