Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

1 hour ago, HTTRDynasty said:

2 days?

Never thought to ask b4 but is there any kind of visitation time limit?

Could we just clear out a room somewhere and keep him for a week?

He's kinda skinny, he might be able to live inside a locker for a while.

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

2 days?

Never thought to ask b4 but is there any kind of visitation time limit?

Could we just clear out a room somewhere and keep him for a week?

He's kinda skinny, he might be able to live inside a locker for a while.

Maybe part of it they want to feed him to fatten him up.  I've eaten at DC Prime near the Commanders Park.  I could easily put on 5-7 pounds with just one meal there.

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, WashingtonRedWolves said:

Would rather just do that and trade back up for mccarthy at this point instead of suffering through this incessant maye vs. daniels war any longer

My sarcasm detector is wonky at the moment, so if this is a bit you got me.

Anyways, as I'm comfortable drafting any of the top three qbs I wouldn't mind this scenario at all.

We'd come out of day 1 with JJ, Jefferson for him to throw too, and presumably a young tackle (hopefully Mims) with 23.

Nice foundation, nice haul.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Maybe part of it they want to feed him to fatten him up.  I've eaten at DC Prime near the Commanders Park.  I could easily put on 5-7 pounds with just one meal there.

Gentlemen, we can rebuild him

We have the technology/available food.

hqdefault.jpg.320ffa1a78d8e9d1e235ea47b29e2adf.jpg

• Haha 5

13 minutes ago, WashingtonRedWolves said:

Would rather just do that and trade back up for mccarthy at this point instead of suffering through this incessant maye vs. daniels war any longer

It would save the fan base from themselves. 

😂

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

Peters is probably laughing. 3 years ago the 9ers had all the mediots convinced that they were taking Mac Jones at 3 overall, now this.

They mostly just had me confused because I thought both Jones and Lance sucked as prospects.

“Clutch” is not a translatable or projectable skill.

Was Pat Mahomes “clutch” in college? IIRC his teams had losing records.

Just now, mistertim said:

They mostly just had me confused because I thought both Jones and Lance sucked as prospects.

Lance represented a home run swing so I could at least kinda sorda see the intent there.

You dont trade as much as the Niners traded for a prospect like Mac effing Jones. That never made any sense, and its happening all over again with Mccarthy.

Just now, mistertim said:

That's something to think about though. If he was dumb enough to want Trey Lance that high, anything is possible. Might want to consider why they're bringing Penix in as well. Not just Daniels.

3 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I do believe the idea that there is a leaning and that story has legs to it.

But a leaning is leaning.  A leaning can change.

I guess I just wonder how much this could really change in 16 days. They should really have a good idea of what they want by now. Put yourself in their position. It's the single most important decision likely to face the franchise in the next 5 years. This has been chewed on for months, definitely since Peters got here. How many times can you watch the tape? They've already spoken to both in person. I am not sure what would sway them this close to the draft. 

And I'm not saying for sure that it is Daniels. I just think they probably have a 90% idea of what they are going to do, even if none of the rest of us do

51 minutes ago, WashingtonRedWolves said:

I mean you're probably just kidding, but it's probably a bad idea to pin your franchises largest decision on what'll quiet down the message boards and twitter,

Not the thread isn't awful, cuz it is, but still...

• Haha 2

Listening to Jay on Keim while doing some work, so just half paying attention so need to relisten.

I know @Voice_of_Reason is especially interested in Jay's takes on these QBs.

The gist of it is Jay thinks he (fans) are missing a key component to the evaluation which is knowing how quickly these Qbs can process info which you can test at your facility to some extent.

He seems high on both Daniels and Maye.  More so than McCarthy.   Compared McCarthy to Alex Smith.

Thinks Daniels will be the better QB next season, Maye with the edge over the long haul. 

4 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

I guess I just wonder how much this could really change in 16 days. They should really have a good idea of what they want by now. Put yourself in their position. It's the single most important decision likely to face the franchise in the next 5 years. This has been chewed on for months, definitely since Peters got here. How many times can you watch the tape? They've already spoken to both in person. I am not sure what would sway them this close to the draft. 

And I'm not saying for sure that it is Daniels. I just think they probably have a 90% idea of what they are going to do, even if none of the rest of us do

your logic seems sound.  Listening to Jay just now he gives the vibe that the team visit is big for these QBs at least in his mind -- he wants to test their ability to process a playbook.  

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Thumb up 1

3 hours ago, Going Commando said:

Not me.  I think we do it too, but it's a **** up and I'm going into this eyes open.  If we do this and Jayden is skinny Justin Fields and Drake Maye becomes Josh Allen part 2 in New England, Adam Peters's career is over.

yeah, how will his career look if he passes on Jayden in favor of Maye and Maye becomes Sam Howell 2.0 or the second coming of Zach Wilson or Josh Rosen, while Daniels is the NFC’s version of Lamar Jackson and wins multiple super bowls with the Giants?

30 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

That's something to think about though. If he was dumb enough to want Trey Lance that high, anything is possible. Might want to consider why they're bringing Penix in as well. Not just Daniels.

Peters didn’t make the decisions there, we have no clue what Peters will do with the reins. People have been making tons of definitive statements about Peters tendencies and beliefs purely based on rumors of what Peters was credited with by the media in SF (mostly a talent for finding mid-late round players). But we don’t know. #2 will be his first draft pick ever. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, skinsarethebest said:

yeah, how will his career look if he passes on Jayden in favor of Maye and Maye becomes Sam Howell 2.0 or the second coming of Zach Wilson or Josh Rosen, while Daniels is the NFC’s version of Lamar Jackson and wins multiple super bowls with the Giants?

I like Maye over Daniels.  but I am not as full of confidence on it that some others are.   And I agree this point cuts both ways.    It's not like no one thinks they should take Daniels.  Plenty do.  It's not like taking Bo Nix or some wild surprise at 2.  The judgment cuts both ways.  I reject the idea that Peters only looks bad if he passes on Maye and it backfires -- but gets a total pass if he passes on Daniels and it backfires.

For me this whole time, the only thing he could do with that pick to upset me is to trade down.  But tough for me to kill a GM for not getting the QB right considering so many have failed to get it right.  

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, skinsarethebest said:

here is a fact for you no Dual threat QB of Lamar Jackson or Michael Vick's kind  has ever won a SB..Daniels has to many red flags such as being almost 24 years old and having 5 years of experience and just now having a breakout year..weighing under 215 lbs,and when there is pressure hi first instinct is to run..

• Like 1