Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

1 minute ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

There is a MOUNTAIN of reporting that has Daniels as the #2 QB.

And then there's you @SoCalSkins saying "Trust me, 

This is where you lost me VOR.

I would put SCS's credibility score, especially when it comes to big stories or events, up against anyone on the forum. 

When has he ever been wrong when he's put his reputation, honor, and dignity on the line?

Not once has he failed us. I stand firmly with my good friend and the still undefeated prognosticator to thr stars SCS on this.

I mean, think about it, ever since he correctly guaranteed that Bezos would buy the team he's been on a roll.

Are you claiming that over the past 12 months Daniels has been viewed as the second overall pick longer than Maye has? 

1 minute ago, SoCalSkins said:

I said he has been the consensus number 2 pick for over a year. Of course it matters. You always get random players shoot up boards after the season in the media and if they are picked early typically end up busts.

Caleb and Maye have been the consensus 1st and 2nd picks in this draft for over a year. Thats a fact. 

Yeah.... until Jayden Daniels senior season, and throwing 40 tds with 4 ints and rushing over a 1,000 yards in the SEC. Also he won the Heisman. Things change, just like Howell was a possible #1 pick at one point and then after the next season he got drafted in the 5th round. Daniels probably was a 4th-5th round pick before the season started and now it's more likely he will go #2 overall.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Are you claiming that over the past 12 months Daniels has been viewed as the second overall pick longer than Maye has? 

Not at all, I'm content to let you and VOR proceed down that endless wormhole.

I'm merely expressing my complete confidence in the continued consistency of your predictive acumen. 

Carry on.

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

I really don't care who wins this fight, but the claim that Maye is the CONSENSUS #2 requires a lot more than proving that he has been viewed as the #2 pick more frequently than Daniels.

Your claim is effectively that for over a year (up until today) Maye has been viewed by almost everyone as the second best quarterback.

I have no energy to try to mount an argument with links and stats, but from my subjective POV, that isn't true.

Edited by DiscoBob
  • Like 2

Spent some time briefly reading on Patriots, Vikings & Giants forums.  Seems to match what I see here... The majority want Maye - maybe 60-40.  Here it seems a little more one sided.  Most (80% ish?) here want Maye.  Curious what the percentage is...  a poll would be interesting.  Who we each want at #2.  Who we think "we" will pick at #2.   I go back and forth on both.

Another thing Id be interested in getting others opinions on... Ive spent time watching more game tape of JD.  Neighbors is so clutch and stands out.  He reminds me of someone...  Ive seen his NFL comparison listed as Justin Jefferson and Jamar Chase.  

He reminds me of Terry.  He also ran the same 40 time, is the same height and nearly the same weight.  Damn I can't wait for Terry to play with a legit QB some day.  

34 minutes ago, DiscoBob said:

I really don't care who wins this fight, but the claim that Maye is the CONSENSUS #2 requires a lot more than proving that he has been viewed as the #2 pick more frequently than Daniels.

Your claim is effectively that for over a year (up until today) Maye has been viewed by almost everyone as the second best quarterback.

I have no energy to try to try to mount an argument with links and stats, but from my subjective POV, that isn't true.

Over the past 12 months Maye has been the consensus second overall pick. Caleb has been 1.

Last year a month before the draft, Will Levis was the betting favorite to go 2nd overall. Any single day is a snapshot in time. You get a consensus by putting those snapshots together. 

Moreover, there are competing interests the closer it gets to the draft. Almost all websites are incentivized to get more clicks as possible and the same goes for radio and TV. Making changes to mocks and creating doubt fuels more interest.

Teams also have incentives to put out false narratives to maximize the return on their picks or have the player they want fall to them. So the echo chamber narratives that emerge between the combine and draft are not necessarily more accurate than those during the season. 

No one can make a credible argument that since the conclusion of the 2023 NFL draft, Drake Maye has not been the consensus 2nd pick over that span. 

Edited by SoCalSkins

Also:

I guess maybe source is talking about a top 30 or private workout, because I thought the Commanders met with him after pro day? Meh. When's the freaking draft, I'm still annoyed the NFL didn't approve my proposal to hold the draft the day after the combine ended.

Edited by Dah-Dee
  • Thanks 2

41 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

This means next to nothing, but thought it was interesting regardless:

Wow Jayden is a dog. I'm sure no coach would want him doing that in the NFL but I do admire the competitiveness.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

52 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

I said he has been the consensus number 2 pick for over a year. Of course it matters. You always get random players shoot up boards after the season in the media and if they are picked early typically end up busts.

Caleb and Maye have been the consensus 1st and 2nd picks in this draft for over a year. Thats a fact. 

It doesn’t matter who was viewed as the consensus #2 for the last year by mock drafts, media, ex QBs or unnamed scouts. It doesn’t matter who is viewed as the consensus #2 pick in that group now.

All that matters who our decision makers view as the #2. And no one outside a very small group in the building knows that.

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 1

25 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Over the past 12 months Maye has been the consensus second overall pick. Caleb has been 1.

Last year a month before the draft, Will Levis was the betting favorite to go 2nd overall. Any single day is a snapshot in time. You get a consensus by putting those snapshots together. 

Moreover, there are competing interests the closer it gets to the draft. Almost all websites are incentivized to get more clicks as possible and the same goes for radio and TV. Making changes to mocks and creating doubt fuels more interest.

Teams also have incentives to put our false narratives yo maximize the return on their picks or have the player they want fall to them. So the echo chamber narratives that emerge between the combine and draft are not necessarily more accurate than those during the season. 

No one can make a credible argument that since the conclusion of the 2023 NFL draft, Drake Maye has not been the consensus 2nd pick over that span. 

There was and SI article that had Joe Milton being a first round qb 11 months ago. A lot can change in a year. Right now I’d say the only consensus is Caleb going #1. Jayden’s been right there with Drake as a possible #2 pick for the last 2 or 3 months, with JJ getting his name thrown in about a month ago. And these are reputable sources like Kiem and Shefter. 

Drake was the surefire #2 before the season started, but didn’t cement himself there, Daniels had a great year and Mayes play dropped off a bit. If he would’ve had as good of a season as his first as a starter than he probably would be the sure fire #2 pick.

1 hour ago, SoCalSkins said:

Over the past 11 months he absolutely has been the consensus number 2 pick. It’s not debatable. 

you’ve been living inside the extremeskins bubble for far too long.  Google Jayden Daniels and Commanders and you’ll see the vast majority of hits of any kind (from all kinds of sources) have had him at #2 to the Commanders since at least the Mariota signing and just recently it’s only gotten stronger and stronger.   There are some that list Maye as the likely #2 but those are probably less than 15% and are clear outliers and are seemingly dwindling with each passing day.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SkinsFTW said:

Jaden Daniels Mom was just on Twitter saying she definitely prefers New England.

She was talking about Boston Cream Pies, Boston Baked Beans, and New England Clam Chowder. All they have from DC is 5 Guys.

Love DC.  But as a seafood and Italian food guy, I'd go Boston > DC.  Lobster rolls alone seals it for me.    

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, SoCalSkins said:

Are you claiming that Silva doesn’t have a source and he made it up?

Im taking him at his word that it’s a rumor 😐

How is this difficult for you lol

Just now, WashingtonRedWolves said:

We here in maryland aint hurting for seafood either though

Agree.  Good crabs. Fries for vinegar.  Crab cakes. 

But Boston with the steamers, scallops, lobster, fresh cod -- and IMO superior Italien restaurants trump it.  😎

• Like 1

Schefter doubling down on Daniels today.  Unlike some here, I do think Schefter likely has some small nugget on this.  I doubt he's just spit balling.

But, I do believe Keim they have a leaning but haven't made up their mind.  So even if Schefter is right today, it won't for sure be right tomorrow.

But unlike some here I got zero angst on this.  Will see.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

10 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Schefter doubling down on Daniels today.  Unlike some here, I do think Schefter likely has some small nugget on this.  I doubt he's just spit balling.

But, I do believe Keim they have a leaning but haven't made up their mind.  So even if Schefter is right today, it won't for sure be right tomorrow.

But unlike some here I got zero angst on this.  Will see.

Essentially two weeks from the draft a "leaning" is fairly significant.

It generally means that for minds to change  something extraordinary needs to either occur or be discovered about one candidate or the other. 

They've already exhaustively gone over game tape, personal history, p.i. investigations etc.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye

4 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I think it's about time to revive the "Taken out of context" thread.

You actually got my entendre, good show!

I edited it, just before reading this, because I thought my original effort might be a bit too subtle for some.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 1

Something is a little wonky in the reporting (who coulda thunk it).

So allegedly Jayden has a slight edge, but no decision has been made.

Meanwhile Maye has not been brought in for a top 30 visit nor has there been one scheduled insofar as I can tell.

Not sure how you are supposed to finalize that decision without a top 30 meeting.  If you've got everything you need from him presumably they'd be more zero'd in on a yes or no on Maye than a "slight lean" towards someone.