Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

34 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

There's no hiding from me, Mark:

200w.gif?cid=82a1493bsamyzkay0fwopii19p5

WTF!!!

Mark Bulluck is a legitimate guy. A serious guy. Not one of these internet jokers looking for attention any way they can get it.

He's got JJ at two!!??

I mean we all (with a few notable exceptions) don't seem to think this JJ hype is something that could actually affect us at two.

But now I'm starting to wonder if this is more than just a bunch of click bait on steroids.

Is it possible the majority of us are missing something here?

Could JJ McCarthy actually be the man most suited to helm our team, and we're just dismissing it as pure bunk?

Is the laugh on us?

I wonder if the Commanders War Room is just a smaller version of this thread...

I mean, how many personalities are contributing to this decision:

Scouting Dept (9 scouts?)

Peters

Newmark

Mayhew

Shen

DQ

Kliffy

Pritchard

Blough

Johnson

That's at least 18 people with at least some input, no?

You probably have guys pounding the table for all four of the top guys, maybe even some for Penix, too. That arm though...

Granted, many of these people are busy focusing on the other draft picks, so it probably comes down to 3-4 guys hashing it out to make a final decision.

I wonder how they break a tie. Arm wrestle? Coin flip? Rock paper scissors? Trash can basketball?

• Haha 1

Some of you smart folks that know things on football quarterbacking need to get me off this ledge.

Below are a bunch of short videos aprx 19 seconds each on this McCarthy guy.

Please, please, please watch them  and please tell me he's not our guy...

• Like 1

His footwork is worse than Maye. His base is way too wide and he takes a big ass target step. His drop is all screwed up also. The McCarthy stuff is just a running gag. It’s like when people were talking about some linebacker named scooter that we cut or dining Eddie Royal at Morton’s for the last twenty offseasons. Don’t fall for it.

in the second clip, where he’s scrambling around like I used to do with Bo Jackson on TecmoBowl, he’s playing Maryland. He’s literally running around against a bunch of turtles.

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

His footwork is worse than Maye. His base is way too wide and he takes a big ass target step. His drop is all screwed up also. The McCarthy stuff is just a running gag. It’s like when people were talking about some linebacker named scooter that we cut or dining Eddie Royal at Morton’s for the last twenty offseasons. Don’t fall for it.

Thank you @Sacks 'n' Stuff, I'm backing up off the ledge by a couple of inches now!

9 minutes ago, illone said:

Granted, many of these people are busy focusing on the other draft picks, so it probably comes down to 3-4 guys hashing it out to make a final decision.

I wonder how they break a tie. Arm wrestle? Coin flip? Rock paper scissors? Trash can basketball?

Commanders hire Adam Peters as new general manager: What to know about  former 49ers GM - CBSSports.com

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

in the second clip, where he’s scrambling around like I used to do with Bo Jackson on TecmoBowk, he’s playing Maryland. He’s literally running around against a bunch of turtles.

How dare you bad mouth Scoota. Where are the Mods when you need them. This is worse them talking politics around here. 

• Haha 3

@CommanderInTheRyeYou can put together a few clips or highlight reel and make any quarterback look amazing, because every QB has at least a few top notch plays throughout a whole season (or a whole college career). It's when you really dig into the game by game film and start to see tendencies and patterns that you can start to tease out a better idea of who the QB is.

• Thanks 1

On 3/31/2024 at 5:01 PM, Skinsinparadise said:

Very good year last year, not much the year before.  the year Maye had a monster season, RBs were just OK.

The offense was on his back.  He had multiple good receivers in 2022, not great receivers like LSU but good ones and he put up monster stats.

Next years top RB prospects, for now, are Trey Henderson who was set to go #1 in this class till he went back to school, after that, I see Singleton, Ollie Gordan, and Judkins ranked ahead of Hampton, there are some other guys like the Etienne who just got in trouble, who are in the mix too. Nice RB last year, unfortunately he's basically had little at WR, his OL has been crap, and yeah, he had a good RB last year. Woo-hoo. I'm looking at Nabers, and he's generally regarded as one of the top 3-5 WR's to come out the last decade. And the other dude was a top recruit that kind of was meh but blew up in '23 for a gazillion TD's. 

I just think the comp is silly. Everyone knows Maye was saddled with trash, period, don't sell me Downs, give me a break, Tez Walker, please. Daniels literally played with how many first round WR's? 3 or 4 alone? Not comparable and then to make matters worse, his line sucked too. That's not a winning argument for the Daniels crew. Sell me some more on throwing with anticipation and the middle of the field issues and progression issues being fiction with some data, and I'll start listening some more. 

7 minutes ago, mistertim said:

@CommanderInTheRyeYou can put together a few clips or highlight reel and make any quarterback look amazing, because every QB has at least a few top notch plays throughout a whole season (or a whole college career). It's when you really dig into the game by game film and start to see tendencies and patterns that you can start to tease out a better idea of who the QB is.

Thank you and bless you @mistertim!

Now I feel fine. I’m laughing at this JJ McCarthy ledge I’ve been on. How silly Ha Ha!

No laughing’s nnot enough… damn McCarthy I’m gonna jump up and down on these ridiculous McCarthy to the Commanders rumors!

I’ll show ‘em who gets the last laugh… take your stomping like a man JJ!!!

image.gif.89201b875fefd6ca47b06322b5f88e86.gif 

image.gif

52 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

WTF!!!

Mark Bulluck is a legitimate guy. A serious guy. Not one of these internet jokers looking for attention any way they can get it.

He's got JJ at two!!??

I mean we all (with a few notable exceptions) don't seem to think this JJ hype is something that could actually affect us at two.

But now I'm starting to wonder if this is more than just a bunch of click bait on steroids.

Is it possible the majority of us are missing something here?

Could JJ McCarthy actually be the man most suited to helm our team, and we're just dismissing it as pure bunk?

Is the laugh on us?

I posted a bunch of his gifs from high school ball a few weeks back. The guy can play. I think the MI offense actually held him back. When they let him lose he made some incredible throws. I dont care who we pick as long as we win. That is all that matters to me anymore. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

in the second clip, where he’s scrambling around like I used to do with Bo Jackson on TecmoBowl, he’s playing Maryland. He’s literally running around against a bunch of turtles.

So You're Telling Me There's A Chance GIFs | GIFDB.com

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, DiscoBob said:

Meh....

It's super common across the board for people to only comp players to those of the same skin color.  It's regularly made fun of.  I don't see making reference to this practice as "playing the race card."

I hope U know I typed a joke.

5 hours ago, DiscoBob said:

Meh....

It's super common across the board for people to only comp players to those of the same skin color.  It's regularly made fun of.  I don't see making reference to this practice as "playing the race card."

Well it was a joke, I knew where he, him, and the other pronoun was going.

• Thumb up 1

14 hours ago, DJD2 said:

This thread for the next 2-1/2 weeks

The Drake Gives Away His Engagement Gift | The Handicap Spot ...

These Drake And Meek Mill References To "Seinfeld" Are What Memes ...

Hate the Drake or Love the Drake? : r/seinfeld

YARN | I love the Drake. | Seinfeld (1989) - S04E22 The Handicap ...

YARN | Boy, I'm really starting to dislike the Drake. | Seinfeld ...

image.jpeg.55c499f47b692481fb36b336e18263cc.jpeg

YARN | The Drake is good. | Seinfeld (1989) - S04E22 The Handicap ...

image.jpeg.28b4be06a1ae6563c704d5941f16ff8e.jpeg

Played by comedian and impressionist extraordinaire Rick Overton. One of the things I really loved about Seinfeld is the way lesser known but hugely talented comedians would get small parts. Rick Overton was regarded as one of the best impressionists of the 80's and 90s and one of the better comedians of the era to boot. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Some of you smart folks that know things on football quarterbacking need to get me off this ledge.

Below are a bunch of short videos aprx 19 seconds each on this McCarthy guy.

Please, please, please watch them  and please tell me he's not our guy...

He's my guy after Maye.  Use to not be since watching Pro Days and reading more about all the QBs, we don't draft Maye, then let it be JJ.  Who do you have, CITR. 1A, 1B or do you just have a 1A? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I don't think his footwork is bad, but I did also notice when watching his games and film that he often throws from a really wide base. Not sure what the deal is there.

Edited by mistertim

10 hours ago, SoCalSkins said:

We have our franchise qb now.

There was a time when he was one of my favorite day 3 QB picks last decade. Never made it, but credit to him for sticking in the league for so long, and even throwing a couple of hundred passes. 

2 hours ago, RWJ said:

He's my guy after Maye.  Use to not be since watching Pro Days and reading more about all the QBs, we don't draft Maye, then let it be JJ.  Who do you have, CITR. 1A, 1B or do you just have a 1A? 

I've been going back and forth between Maye and Daniels, with probably more time spent slightly favoring Daniels overall.

Right now I'm right in the middle with no real preference other than the hope that we choose the right guy.

That said, if you were to put a loaded knockwurst to my head and force me to make the call, as of 1:31am eastern time on April 2nd I'd say:

1a. Daniels

1b. Maye

3. Penix

4. JJ 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, DogofWar1 said:

*taps the sign*

Maye has now closed that small gap entirely. JJ also gaining steam. Bottomg line is that no one knows anything but JD is losing ground to both Maye and JJ.

image.png.0a6f8ad8e0a094738450b80a8de8211b.png

• Like 1

7 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

So the past two years. Like I want to clarify that, it's the past two years. 

I have nothing against Maye, but these "stats" always bother me.

This is the greatest post that I've posted in THOUSANDS of seconds. It's really not that impressive (I'm very consistent).

• Haha 1