Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

Just now, Redskins 2021 said:

why

Because we need something to talk about over and over until the draft. 😆

For all the manufactured drama, the top three picks in the draft have been obvious for a while…

1- Williams

2- Maye

3- Daniels

I think Giants take McCarthy at 6. 

• Thumb up 1

34 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

We want Darnold as the vet QB?

Jesus Christ.

Sam Darnold is the turd that simply won't flush.

1 minute ago, kingdaddy said:

If we trade Howell I think that means Maye is the pick....too awkward having them both here. 

If they can't handle being professionals on the same team at the same position while still being friends then we shouldn't have either of them here.

Edited by mistertim

1 minute ago, kingdaddy said:

If we trade Howell I think that means Maye is the pick....too awkward having them both here. 

Trading Howell doesn't mean anything but the team is smart enough to know a vet backup is always a good option for a rookie QB. 

I would much rather the vet be Tannehill or Jimmy G over Sam Darnold. I don't see why we didn't try to re-sign Jacoby either?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

Trading Howell doesn't mean anything but the team is smart enough to know a vet backup is always a good option for a rookie QB. 

I would much rather the vet be Tannehill or Jimmy G over Sam Darnold. I don't see why we didn't try to re-sign Jacoby either?

Howell is 23, Maye is 21...I don't believe it's crazy looking at a cheap veteran. 

They better be ready to put in hella QB development resources in place having our 1,2 QBs being THAT inexperienced at this level.

It saves money having jus them...I can see this is the plan hearing Brisett didn't even get an offer from us.

51 minutes ago, Redwolves92 said:

Caleb williams is back on the menu

He better hope Bears draft him or he's gonna drop in the menu.

Consensus QB1 with #1 pick needing a QB doesn't pick him?  He's gonna free fall because of all those red fg flags to scare the Bears off.

They probably backtracking because even if Fields isn't the guy, he won't be nearly that much potential drama having Williams in Chicago instead.

I'd definitely pass...even a dysfunctional front office would make this pick unless it was too many red flags for them, too.

12 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

I’m surprised we aren’t more interested in Tannehill. He would be my choice of backup.

7 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

He better hope Bears draft him or he's gonna drop in the menu.

Consensus QB1 with #1 pick needing a QB doesn't pick him?  He's gonna free fall because of all those red fg flags to scare the Bears off.

They probably backtracking because even if Fields isn't the guy, he won't be nearly that much potential drama having Williams in Chicago instead.

I'd definitely pass...even a dysfunctional front office would make this pick unless it was too many red flags for them, too.

Yeah i have no idea who we should draft but there is hype for williams and the commanders supposedly really wanting him. I think it would be a trade up scenario and idk if the bears would trade with anyone besides us if they want mhj.

8 minutes ago, seantaylor=god said:

I’m surprised we aren’t more interested in Tannehill. He would be my choice of backup.

You want Ryan "It's not my job to mentor a rookie QB" Tannehill as our backup and mentor to our rookie QB?   :ols:

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

This could mean nothing at all or it could be the beginning of a seismic shift at the top of the draft.

Caleb Williams cancels his top-30 visit with the Chicago Bears.

The Chicago Bears have the first pick in the 2024 NFL Draft, and the consensus is they are taking USC quarterback Caleb Williams. If Caleb seems to be going to the Bears, why would he cancel his top-30 visit that was scheduled for this week?

It was reported by Kalyn Kahler, senior writer for The Athletic, that Caleb Williams canceled his top-30 visit with the Chicago Bears on Friday.

Caleb Williams’s team stated it was due to logistics. Caleb is working out in Jacksonville, Florida, so he does not want to travel from Indianapolis for the combine, to Chicago for a visit, to Jacksonville, and then out west to USC for his Pro Day.

4 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

This could mean nothing at all or it could be the beginning of a seismic shift at the top of the draft.

Caleb Williams cancels his top-30 visit with the Chicago Bears.

The Chicago Bears have the first pick in the 2024 NFL Draft, and the consensus is they are taking USC quarterback Caleb Williams. If Caleb seems to be going to the Bears, why would he cancel his top-30 visit that was scheduled for this week?

It was reported by Kalyn Kahler, senior writer for The Athletic, that Caleb Williams canceled his top-30 visit with the Chicago Bears on Friday.

Caleb Williams’s team stated it was due to logistics. Caleb is working out in Jacksonville, Florida, so he does not want to travel from Indianapolis for the combine, to Chicago for a visit, to Jacksonville, and then out west to USC for his Pro Day.

Yup not wanting to travel for a team with the #1 pick is telling. Ian reporting bears want to be 100% on caleb before trading fields is even more telling. Not many teams left to trade with (dont see minni happening within the division). He wants to come home hes literally a fan. 

Thank God we dodged that Darnold shaped bullet.

I was gonna have to give Peters the side eye for that one. Now I can live in blissful ignorance that our pursuit of him was a baseless unsubstantiated rumor and nothing more.

Chill vibes baby

4e4c496adbee74a8e5c08fc7c750b519.png.d9af6719b3e66210e064e681d5ad84f6.png

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

I have been on the Maye train all along. I much prefer a pocket passer because the team that wins the Super Bowl has a really good pocket passer nearly every time.

I have been watching Maye's full games, the first few I kept trying to convince myself that he could be like Ben Rothlisberger. But after watching 6-7 games now I just don't see anything that would make me believe he will be special. He does not escape traffic in the pocket nearly as well as the more athletic QBs, his footspeed does not allow him to turn the corner on defenders. His passing is good but nothing close to elite.

I think the odds are far better that he ends up somewhere between Blake Bortels and David Carr than he ends up as an elite QB. If you are going to take a swing take a big swing on a guy who could be great, and I no longer believe that is Drake Maye.