Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

Caleb is definitely still in play for Washington...

Magic Johnson is nothing short of sports royalty, if he calls Caleb's dad you better believe that call is being answered.

I'm not buying anything said by anyone until the pick is made, or the trade is confirmed. 

Do I need to remind some of you guys what month it is?  Only stupid teams reveal their true intentions this time of year..

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, UK Skins said:

Hey I didn't realise Daniels was three years older than Maye. That's a massive deal if we accept (and I think we all actually do) that both have areas they need to work on and improve.

It's really only like a year and 9 months but it's not nothing.

Jayden - 12/18/2000

Maye - 8/30/2002

For all intents and purposes it's 2 years.

But yeah 2 years of development more is big in football.

Edited by DogofWar1
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, UK Skins said:

Hey I didn't realise Daniels was three years older than Maye. That's a massive deal if we accept (and I think we all actually do) that both have areas they need to work on and improve.

He's actually 32. He lied on the transfer portal.

• Haha 5

28 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

Anyone make a Rex Grossman comp for Maye yet?  I see some unleashing of the dragon sometimes.

I'm like 60% joking.

This is indeed a big benefit for Maye.  If his game takes as big of a leap between age 22 and 23 as Daniels' did, Maye will be Josh Allening it up ez.

The Rex Grossman part is coming. :ols:   This is the reaction from a fan on twitter.  I'll say though I disagree slightly and some hyperbole in that tweet.  I think the arrows have come out some recently on Daniels by some so its starting to even out.  But its tough not to notice that is a spitting match between the two as to fans.  Even Keim's been joking about it on his podcasts.

Screen Shot 2024-02-23 at 2.15.34 PM.png

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 6
  • Haha 4
  • Thumb up 2

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

The Rex Grossman part is coming. :ols:   This is the reaction from a fan on twitter.  I'll say though I disagree slightly and some hyerbole in that tweet.  I think the arrows have come out some recently on Daniels by some so its starting to even out.  But I do notice their is a spitting match between the two.  Even Keim's been joking about it on his podcasts.

2a6934e6-33b2-4774-816c-1452d6d809f5_tex

• Haha 2

I'm not a film junkie or technique geek so I leave that to others and zoom out for the 30,000 view instead. Thru that lens, Maye's size advantage and age advantage are the "tie-breakers" to me. I'd also add that once these guys are in their 30s, the running is kind of going to be a wash so I'm not as enticed when thinking about a guy who can ideally start for 15-20 years at a high level.

Remember, Daniels is only three months younger than Howell who's going into his 3rd year in the NFL.

• Like 5
  • Thumb up 1

20 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

Anyone make a Rex Grossman comp for Maye yet?  I see some unleashing of the dragon sometimes.

I'm like 60% joking.

This is indeed a big benefit for Maye.  If his game takes as big of a leap between age 22 and 23 as Daniels' did, Maye will be Josh Allening it up ez.

Eh, sort of. I went with Allen because he sometimes makes those sexy rexy type throws as well, but has mobility and off platform abilities and takes the check down as well. These are more comparable to Maye. Grossman was more of a statue as well. If you’re going purely off just chucking it and hoping for the best, then that comparison can be made to most qbs

21 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

This is a good breakdown. One thing I would add to it is age. Where is Maye going to be 3 years from now when he is Daniels age? Lets not forget the guy is only 21 years old.

That’s fair. I considered bringing that up especially after I mentioned Daniels experience as a pro. However, it was hard for me to quantify that versus Daniels actually having more experience. It definitely plays a factor though!

something like/

Daniels

Con - age / may be at his ceiling 

maye

pro - age/ potential room to grow 

Edited by mh86
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Conn said:

I’m not trying to tell you how to post, but if you straight up refuse to speak on specific attributes of guys that you’re comparing against each other then I don’t think there’s a lot of value to repeating the same opinion over and over. If you like a guy better, cool. It’s all vibes. You have a right to that opinion, just not a right to having that be seen as a well-argued/defended opinion. Because if you aren’t bringing specific examples or at least talking about their skill-sets in relation to each other, what is the point? 

Well, it does seem that that's what you're trying to do. Tell me how to make an argument. There is not some universal template to guarantee a qb success or else there would not be Josh Rosen, Zach Wilson, or Jarmacus Russell. I remember when Charlie Weiss tried to convince the world Brady Quinn would be a greT qb because he had the measurables and studied a pro system. He flopped, despite all that. Please save me with elementary stuff. I have an opinion on Daniel's as I'm sure you do on Maye. However, like politics in this country once someone is set in their opinion nothing will change that. We disagree and time will tell who is right.🙂

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, illone said:

Caleb is definitely still in play for Washington...

Magic Johnson is nothing short of sports royalty, if he calls Caleb's dad you better believe that call is being answered.

I'm not buying anything said by anyone until the pick is made, or the trade is confirmed. 

Do I need to remind some of you guys what month it is?  Only stupid teams reveal their true intentions this time of year..

Yeah I really don't know why some are so assured that Caleb is completely out of the realm of possibility

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NOLA2DC said:

Well, it does seem that that's what you're trying to do. Tell me how to make an argument.

There is no way for me to tell you this, I simply pointed out that if you’re not willing to talk specifics when comparing these guys, it’s pointless. What do you see and why? It’s the only way to add value to a message board community, if you’re going to run around being opinionated. Unless you’re funny, then you get a pass. Are you funny? 

There is not some universal template to guarantee a qb success or else there would not be Josh Rosen, Zach Wilson, or Jarmacus Russell. I remember when Charlie Weiss tried to convince the world Brady Quinn would be a greT qb because he had the measurables and studied a pro system. He flopped, despite all that.

None of this matters, you’re throwing a smoke grenade. I’m simply asking what you see from their skill-sets, specifically, that informs your opinion—and why. And then if there’s still disagreement, that’s fine.

Please save me with elementary stuff.

What you’re saying is the definition of “elementary stuff”, because you can’t describe why you feel the way you do. 

I have an opinion on Daniel's as I'm sure you do on Maye. However, like politics in this country once someone is set in their opinion nothing will change that. We disagree and time will tell who is right.🙂

If you so easily label yourself as someone who is unable to take in new information and give thought to changing your mind, that’s about the loudest comment you could make on the topic. It’s extremely revealing that you see things involving your own thoughts this way. It invalidates your ability to be objective and makes talking to you essentially useless. Why post on a message board then, if there’s no chance of an exchange of ideas?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

8 minutes ago, Conn said:

If you so easily label yourself as someone who is unable to take in new information and give thought to changing your mind, that’s about the loudest comment you could make on the topic. It’s extremely revealing that you see things involving your own thoughts this way. It invalidates your ability to be objective and makes talking to you essentially useless. Why post on a message board then, if there’s no chance of an exchange of ideas?

Conn give up. His recent postings all suggest a very biaised LSU fan boy, you aren't going to win an argument with him, or several others on here.

• Thumb up 1

40 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

The Rex Grossman part is coming. :ols:   This is the reaction from a fan on twitter.  I'll say though I disagree slightly and some hyperbole in that tweet.  I think the arrows have come out some recently on Daniels by some so its starting to even out.  But its tough not to notice that is a spitting match between the two as to fans.  Even Keim's been joking about it on his podcasts.

Damn. This is pretty accurate. Wow.🤣

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, UK Skins said:

Conn give up. His recent postings all suggest a very biaised LSU fan boy, you aren't going to win an argument with him, or several others on here.

At this point I'm mostly interested in @Conn's statement about being funny making it all ok. Does that include the ability to fart on command or is that a bit too puerile?

• Haha 5