Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

7 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Okay, but then.... what if you only have 14 prospects graded as first rounders? Is pick 15 the second round now?

If we are arguing that every 32 picks is a round, does that mean the fourth round is only the fourth round for a few picks because of the damn conditionals (as pointed out above)?

At the end of the day, a first rounder is a first rounder.

You can get a first round talent in a rich draft class in the second round, but it's still a second round pick. Why? Contract. And math. Contract and math. 

This is getting over thought.

The difference in a 2nd round rookie contract and 1st round rookie contract that from a literal sense of course a high 2nd rounder isn't a 1st rounder.

That's why its a saying, not a law of physics.

I want to believe teams have draft boards and except players to be gone by certain rounds or certain points in them.  Some times people reach in the first and that's enough to push someone grade as a place first rounder into top of the second. 

Is that player no longer a first round grade if they sitting in the 2nd round? I don't think so.

Opinion.

Taking about round 3, 4, or whatever after I can't defend because I cut off my logic on this with the 1st and 2nd round examples.

Edited by Renegade7

7 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

This is getting over thought.

The difference in a 2nd round rookie contract and 1st round rookie contract that from a literal sense of course a high 2nd rounder isn't a 1st rounder.

That's why its a saying, not a law of physics.

I want to believe teams have draft boards and except players to be gone by certain rounds or certain points in them.  Some times people reach in the first and that's enough to push someone grade as a place first rounder into top of the second. 

Is that player no longer a first round grade if they sitting in the 2nd round? I don't think so.

Opinion.

Taking about round 3, 4, or whatever after I can't defend because I cut off my logic on this with the 1st and 2nd round examples.

Wouldn't it then be smart for me to grade 60some prospects as first round talents so I can say that all my picks are first rounders?

I think Vinny actually did this a few times.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I wouldnt sweat the shotgun stuff. Most modern NFL offenses are in shotgun a lot of the time now. Its just a function of the times. The problem with EB’s offense was that the run game wasnt married to the pass game. We were super predictable when we ran it. 

I hated that slow sweep out of gun with the back offset we kept running. I can’t recall it ever making yardage. 

6 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

Wouldn't it then be smart for me to grade 60some prospects as first round talents so I can say that all my picks are first rounders?

I don't grade prospects or know a ton about it so this is a question but doesn't the grading system not take into account the number of people selected in each round?

I was under the impression that from year to year the number of prospects with a first,second,third, etc grade could change considerably making it in effect possible to have 60 prospects with a first round grade in a very talented draft.

Is that not how it works?

Edited by redskinss

6 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

Lol, I don't think so, and maybe that's why I don't know where Vinny is right now off top of my head...

16 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I could see Mccarthy going to the Vikings at 11. Theyve wanted a young QB to rebuild around for a while. I remember hearing they wanted Fields in 2021 and of course the Richardson rumors last year. 

I think that is way high for him. He gives me Daniel Jones vibes (possibly unfair - but I just dont see anything special about him).

• Like 1
  • Thumb down 1

My First post after watching and reading this site forever. This new ownership feels like breath of fresh air honestly after prolonged suffocation. I want to first thank you all who contribute to this site, especially draft enthusiasts like me who put so much work into it to provide us with relevant knowledge and info. I feel like we have huge roster challenges after years of bad picks after bad picks. We need some real playmakers and difference makers that can at least bring us to the middle group of the leagues on a consistent basis. This is just first year of this new ownership who is also first time NFL owner. They'll also have to learn inside out of the business itself besides running the Team. Let's face it, if we get to the middle group first before we even start having conversation for the playoffs, then that will be a great step. I would be very surprised and of course happy if they made to the playoff even in the frst two years. This is what years of bad management and ownership does to a team. I would not be surprise and even mad if we traded down and accumulated more picks as we need more above average players. Mental attitude must have taken a toll on existing players as they have not been to the playoffs for a while with this team not to mention years of poor mismanagement. Peters have done it at multiple places and I believe he can do it again here and on a consistent basis. In addition, he has found gems in the later rounds so there i definitely hope. I loved it when Josh Harris talked about the process and it is indeed a process to build and run a successful NFL Team. This is all I have to say now. I thank you all again for all you do here!

HTTC    

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 2

4 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Tim Hasselbeck has been plugging Drake Maye for months now.  This from back in November and he did it again on GetUp this morning.

Most of us know that Maye is the player we will draft.  It's a no brainer and his friend, Howell is his backup.  Perfect situation.  :)  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, SkinsFan70s said:

My First post after watching and reading this site forever. This new ownership feels like breath of fresh air honestly after prolonged suffocation. I want to first thank you all who contribute to this site, especially draft enthusiasts like me who put so much work into it to provide us with relevant knowledge and info. I feel like we have huge roster challenges after years of bad picks after bad picks. We need some real playmakers and difference makers that can at least bring us to the middle group of the leagues on a consistent basis. This is just first year of this new ownership who is also first time NFL owner. They'll also have to learn inside out of the business itself besides running the Team. Let's face it, if we get to the middle group first before we even start having conversation for the playoffs, then that will be a great step. I would be very surprised and of course happy if they made to the playoff even in the frst two years. This is what years of bad management and ownership does to a team. I would not be surprise and even mad if we traded down and accumulated more picks as we need more above average players. Mental attitude must have taken a toll on existing players as they have not been to the playoffs for a while with this team not to mention years of poor mismanagement. Peters have done it at multiple places and I believe he can do it again here and on a consistent basis. In addition, he has found gems in the later rounds so there i definitely hope. I loved it when Josh Harris talked about the process and it is indeed a process to build and run a successful NFL Team. This is all I have to say now. I thank you all again for all you do here!

HTTC    

Welcome to posting! Don't feed the wildlife 🙂

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, RWJ said:

Most of us know that Maye is the player we will draft.  It's a no brainer and his friend, Howell is his backup.  Perfect situation.  :)  

Yeah and now our OC runs a remarkably similar offense to the one he excelled at in 2022. And Longo and Kingsbury know each other. We can get inside, protected  info as far as Maye’s attitude, work ethic, personality, etc.

It’s why Maye has to be in pick unless GMAP thinks Daniels is significantly better that it outweighs all of that.

Great QBs are developed. I can’t think of a better situation than Owner, GM, HC, OC aligned with a QB who has familiarity in the offense AND has a friend he has known since High school (hosted on recruiting trip) on the roster.

If the evaluation is close, he’s the guy.

• Like 3

In reading through the BS I think it's actually pretty clear what our plan is going to be: stay at #2 and draft whichever of Caleb Williams or Drake Maye is available. And if the Bears shock the world and go with Jayden Daniels, I have no idea what we'll do. I would think Caleb would be the pick, but does seem like things have lined up nicely for us to target Maye. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MartinC said:

We are picking a QB at #2 overall. 

I get we and the media have to fill time and an infinite amount of internet space with alternative scenarios and teams need to blow smoke at this time of year - but we are taking a QB. The only question is which one.

In a perfect world the rumors that the bears like Maye would be correct and we end up with Caleb at 2. I think its a load of crap. But it would be nice. I like Maye enough not to mortgage the future for Caleb though. And I agree with you. We need those two 2nds and 3rds to rebuild this team. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Bold to still do this after weeks of people loudly and wrongly claiming it was 100% confirmed that we were getting Ben Johnson and he was definitelty coming for the opportunity to draft Drake Maye. 

Edited by ThatNFLChick
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, MartinC said:

I think that is way high for him. He gives me Daniel Jones vibes (possibly unfair - but I just dont see anything special about him).

I don't either. I'm with you, I think he'll end up being one of those career journeymen backup types. Drafting him in the 1st is like when team drafted Christian Ponder(ironically also the Vikings), Brady Quinn, etc. in the 1st. Just doesn't look or feel special to me at all. But apparently scouts like him. We'll see.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

Bold to still do this after weeks of people loudly and wrongly claiming it was 100% confirmed that we were getting Ben Johnson and he was definitelty coming for the opportunity to draft Drake Maye. 

Mean this respectfully.  Call me out if it doesn't happen.  I'll take the criticism.  No problems.  Mean it too. :)  

19 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Starts at 1:50

He's always talking. 

If you search "Hasslebeck and Black QBs" on Twitter, people have compiled evidence, you will notice a very disturbing trend. I pay zero attention to his opinions for that reason. 

Edited by ThatNFLChick