Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

14 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

Also, Dak and Jimmy win a ton of games and are always in the playoffs so if that’s purgatory, sign me up. 

They’ll both be available this off season lol As well as our beloved Kurt. 

All at discounted costs! Yuck!

2 hours ago, Stihl89 said:

If he could see and throw the ball he would have significantly less rushing yards. 

Oh come on. This is ridiculous. PFF has Sam at 5th in the league for big time throws (a pass with excellent ball location and timing, generally thrown further down the field and/or into a tighter window)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Stihl89 said:

Exceptions to the rule. Maybe Sam is one of them but people want tall QBs for a reason. Could easily argue that height is maybe part of the reason for some of the sacks 

Hurts is considered elite I believe, Purdy appears to be on that same path with his performance and the way he is perceived around the league and Tua is now lighting it up . They are also all listed as 6'1. Just like Howell... Lamar, Aaron Rogers and Mahomes are only 6'2. Your take that Sam can't be elite because of his height is just wrong. There is plenty of evidence that he can be very successful at that height.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Stihl89 said:

Exceptions to the rule. Maybe Sam is one of them but people want tall QBs for a reason. Could easily argue that height is maybe part of the reason for some of the sacks.

Sorry to pop your bubble but Caleb Williams is the exact same size as Howell. Obviously Caleb is stronger and faster, not going to deny that. 

In my opinion there is nothing elite about Maye. Howell seems just as strong and a maybe even a bit quicker.  

Sanders is the wild card of this draft. Sources are saying he doesn't have quite the NFL arm. So, I would say Howell has a stronger arm. He's also no Goliath.  

That's it this year. Williams.  Nothing "elite" as you say for Maye, Sanders, Penix, Ewers, Nix, or McCarthy.  Sounds like if you were GM, you would trade everything for Williams. If that's your stance, we can have the conversation. But to hate Howell subjectively makes no sense.  

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

7 minutes ago, Daniel.redskins said:

Sorry to pop your bubble but Caleb Williams is the exact same size as Howell. Obviously Caleb is stronger and faster, not going to deny that. 

In my opinion there is nothing elite about Maye. Howell seems just as strong and a maybe even a bit quicker.  

Sanders is the wild card of this draft. Sources are saying he doesn't have quite the NFL arm. So, I would say Howell has a stronger arm. He's also no Goliath.  

That's it this year. Williams.  Nothing "elite" as you say for Maye, Sanders, Penix, Ewers, Nix, or McCarthy.  Sounds like if you were GM, you would trade everything for Williams. If that's your stance, we can have the conversation. But to hate Howell subjectively makes no sense.  

Caleb Williams is a USC QB, there has never been a good USC QB in the NFL. Sure he has the talent, but I have serious doubts about the kid.. maybe he proves me wrong but people believing he's the next coming of Andrew Luck is laughable. He seriously reminds me of RG3

• Like 3
  • Thumb down 1

19 minutes ago, Tress Is The Way said:

Caleb Williams is a USC QB, there has never been a good USC QB in the NFL. Sure he has the talent, but I have serious doubts about the kid.. maybe he proves me wrong but people believing he's the next coming of Andrew Luck is laughable. He seriously reminds me of RG3

This. We have a good QB. Why risk it for a USC QB? 

46 minutes ago, repo_4 said:

Hurts is considered elite I believe, Purdy appears to be on that same path with his performance and the way he is perceived around the league and Tua is now lighting it up . They are also all listed as 6'1. Just like Howell... Lamar, Aaron Rogers and Mahomes are only 6'2. Your take that Sam can't be elite because of his height is just wrong. There is plenty of evidence that he can be very successful at that height.

I mean, Drew Brees was pretty much the same height as Sam.   Look how his career turned out.....people need to seriously chill about the height.  

Sam Howell is the best QB this team has had since Mark Rypien. And he's only 23 and has much more upside and skill than Rypien. Surround him with the right team and coaches and I think he can win a couple of Super Bowls before his career is over and get us to the playoffs on a yearly basis. He is a total winner and he is the QB Washington has been waiting for.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Tyler Spiers said:

Sam Howell is the best QB this team has had since Mark Rypien. And he's only 23 and has much more upside and skill than Rypien. Surround him with the right team and coaches and I think he can win a couple of Super Bowls before his career is over and get us to the playoffs on a yearly basis. He is a total winner and he is the QB Washington has been waiting for.

Lol 

You from Chapel Hill?

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Tyler Spiers said:

Actually, he is the best QB we have had since RG3 and Kirk.

Even if Sam ends up being a consistent mid level (12-18 ranked) QB, the team around him is nowhere good enough to get us in the NFC Championship. If he was a top 5QB.. and better coaching.. maybe.

Once we clean house from the atrocious coaching we have had to endure over the last 4 years.. A very good coach and GM can probably fix this roster in 1-2years. If Sam figures out how to stay upright and healthy that long... there a some interesting possibilities on what this team can be. A lot of ifs though.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, zCommander said:

The most important thing to retain about this is I am almost never wrong and most people are almost never right. I humbly accept what I know will be universal recognition of this reality.💩

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, repo_4 said:

Yeah, but none of those guys are better than Brock Osweiler.

• Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, zCommander said:

Actually, he is the best QB we have had since RG3 and Kirk.

For right now that's probably a fair statement. But his upside means the other statement could eventually be true and more. It is still just his 7th game as a starter in the NFL and his 2nd offense. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

He's 23. He's been sacked 34 times, has a crappy OL, and still hanging with the big boys in the league by putting up good to great numbers. He's already Top 15 in the league, imo. Yeah, basic stats but they are what counts at the end of the day.

5th in Completions at 145

9th in Yards at 1500

10th in TD's at 9

10th in Cmp% at 67.8

10th in YPG at 250.0

• Like 3

The last couple of years our weakest link was CLEARLY QB. That is currently not the case. Now part of it is because other parts of the team have deteriorated, but its also because Howell is absolutely a massive upgrade over what we've had. 

At the very least, he'll make this season worth watching.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1