Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

4 minutes ago, Conn said:

Allbright is floating the rumor that Bienemy may be allowed to take a lateral position at OC with a team like Washington bc the chiefs are ready to move on and he’s clearly not getting hired after all these HC interviews, and needs to prove himself elsewhere. And Allbright has reported in the past about the baggage and perceptions keeping Bienemy from ever getting hired as a HC. 

I could see an OC/Assistant HC title for Bienemy with Rivera. 

Have we not learned to stay away from Andy Reids hand me downs?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, shemp nixon said:

Yep, IMO if we bring back Heinicke it is to push/mentor Howell.

As far as the OC goes, I'd love someone who will maximize Sam's skillset like Philly does with Hurts.

I know there's still a few here that likely label me a heinie hater but I really don't want him back at all under any condition, including if he played for free.

I won't repeat all my reasoning again, and I do reject the whole inane "but he won games" argument, but no more qbs who are simply spinning wheels in the sand in terms of quality play at starter or primary back up.

Set some self respecting standards for real success.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

1 minute ago, redskinss said:

Have we not learned to stay away from Andy Reids hand me downs?

We aren’t qualified or deserving of anyone better, going into a new ownership situation with River in a lame duck final year. That’s about the ceiling of what we could hope for in a candidate. The actual good candidates aren’t coming here until next year at the earliest imo. 

Just now, Conn said:

We aren’t qualified or deserving of anyone better, going into a new ownership situation with River in a lame duck final year. That’s about the ceiling of what we could hope for in a candidate. The actual good candidates aren’t coming here until next year at the earliest imo. 

That may be true but (and I say this knowing almost nothing about Bienemy) I just don't want anything Reid is willing to let go again. 

I don't know if we can get a guy in here that will work out this year but I'm almost certain he won't. 

Just a hunch based on past results.

7 minutes ago, redskinss said:

That may be true but (and I say this knowing almost nothing about Bienemy) I just don't want anything Reid is willing to let go again. 

I don't know if we can get a guy in here that will work out this year but I'm almost certain he won't. 

Just a hunch based on past results.

That’s not really a stretch, and I don’t think it really has anything to do with Andy Reid. Nothing has worked out here under Snyder and next season will be the lingering aftertaste we all can’t wait to get rid of. It’ll just be a bit longer, then we can start to wonder if our moves will actually work out.

1 minute ago, FootballZombie said:

Sucks for Howell that he has to learn so many systems but if this is the path forward so be it.

He doesn't have to if we bring in an Air Raid OC. That was the system he had success with in College. Might be a few different words used but the overall scheme is the same.

Kliff Kingsbury runs this offense and has had success with it in Arizona despite his failings as a HC.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CobraCommander said:

He doesn't have to if we bring in an Air Raid OC. That was the system he had success with in College. Might be a few different words used but the overall scheme is the same.

Kliff Kingsbury runs this offense and has had success with it in Arizona despite his failings as a HC.

Would absolutely love KK here to be OC

• Like 3

My hope is the OC doesn't come in and try to force his system versus using what he has and what clearly works here.

We did very well running the ball this year, and that will help protect Howell as a young QB.  I'd like the new OC to get a chance to look him up and down and say "I need a journeyman behind him that knows my offense" or something more.

The lookover Haskins didn't get because of COVID. 

44 minutes ago, CobraCommander said:

The other person we could consider would be Howells OC from his NC days, He is currently the OC at Wisconsin but doesn't have any NFL experience.

I was looking up Longo the other day.  Seems far fetched but that would mean they were seriously committed to Howell.  Who knows...

Edited by HigSkin

Hate to be the bearer of bad news to the Heinicke folks but Turner’s removal means that we have likely seen the last of Heinicke. And Heinicke’s IG post seems pretty in line with that. 

1 hour ago, FootballZombie said:

Sucks for Howell that he has to learn so many systems but if this is the path forward so be it.

I’m curious if there is more at play behind the scenes. Like the new owners are already basically settled and communicating about their plans moving forward.

If we get Bienemy I think that is a sign there is something at play behind the scenes. Meaning, if we find success Rivera will be kept as a front office guy (President) and Bienemy would be elevated to head coach. 

if we get Jim Zorn… well… do the math :ols:

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

My hope is the OC doesn't come in and try to force his system versus using what he has and what clearly works here.

We did very well running the ball this year, and that will help protect Howell as a young QB.  I'd like the new OC to get a chance to look him up and down and say "I need a journeyman behind him that knows my offense" or something more.

The lookover Haskins didn't get because of COVID. 

Agree with the rest, but did we run the ball well?  I mean, we ran a lot, but IIRC we had the 5th worst ypc?

With that said, we’ve got a solid stable of backs, so if we beef up the oline big time, we should be able to up that efficiency.

On a separate note, while I’m glad Turner is gone, I’m a little bummed because I have trouble seeing a new OC willing to pencil Howell in as the starter, especially given he’ll (almost certainly) be learning a new O.  Seems fairly likely we’ll be somewhat aggressive chasing a veteran qb - in other words more money allocated there (and less elsewhere), and less chance Howell earns the starting gig.  Of course, if we wind up with average plus production from the spot, that could have a significant impact on our record.  I just was hoping we’d go all in on Howell.  Early days though.

Edited by skinny21

13 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Hate to be the bearer of bad news to the Heinicke folks but Turner’s removal means that we have likely seen the last of Heinicke. And Heinicke’s IG post seems pretty in line with that. 

I’m curious if there is more at play behind the scenes. Like the new owners are already basically settled and communicating about their plans moving forward.

If we get Bienemy I think that is a sign there is something at play behind the scenes. Meaning, if we find success Rivera will be kept as a front office guy (President) and Bienemy would be elevated to head coach. 

if we get Jim Zorn… well… do the math :ols:

I liked Heinicke but is anyone actually arguing for him to be a starter or compete for QB1 at this point? 

Zero chance we get Bienemy. None. 

He had a major sexual harassment scandal at Colorado. No way we get near that. 

I am watching Bram-Keim in a live youtube broadcast.  Its funny how Bram is pushing maybe Wentz comes back in a restructured contract, Keim goes its not happening.  Yet Bram is talking over Keim some about it, he goes its remote but possible, Keim goes it's not going to happen.  My money as always is on Keim.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

And I wonder if Taylor told Ron I can't run his offense and you are better off putting in Howell. Remember what Ron said about how Taylor made him to come to a realization. Also Ron said today that they wouldn't be opposed to bringing back Taylor. Taylor also said the market is crazy right now so he might leave anyway if another team offers him a better deal. Will see. 

1 minute ago, zCommander said:

And I wonder if Taylor told Ron I can't run his offense and you are better off putting in Howell. Remember what Ron said about how Taylor made him to come to a realization. Also Ron said today that they wouldn't be opposed to bringing back Taylor. Taylor also said the market is crazy right now so he might leave anyway if another team offers him a better deal. Will see. 

Huh? It’s literally the only NFL offense Heinicke CAN run, and the only reason he has been here. He absolutely did not play a role in making Rivera realize Turner had to go lol, not in the way that you mean anyway. What was Rivera supposed to say about Heinicke today, that it’s a moot question because he’s gonna fire his OC in two hours? 

This is weird fan fiction, come on man—you were almost climbed all the way out of the Heiny Hole until you just slipped and fell back in. Now you have to start all over again. 

• Haha 2