Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

1 minute ago, Chris 44 said:

I agree, however im still picturing TH sitting on his coach right now, feet on table, popping open a Bush Light with a big **** eating grin on his face.

Damn. He’s sitting right on Rivera like he’s a chair?

• Haha 7

I couldn't watch live so have just seen the game and have to admit that I was very wrong about Wentz. He just doesn't have the right mentality to be an NFL QB any more. He may have a big arm but he was inaccurate and made a lot of bad decisions.

I hope we shut him down and start Howell for the last game of the season.

This crow that I'm eating right now sure tastes bitter ☹️.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Chris 44 said:

I'm picturing TH sitting on his coach right now, feet on table, popping open a Bush Light with a big **** eating grin on his face.

I mean, I rather doubt it after he had 2 chances to beat the Giants and didn’t perform well in either game, I rather doubt it.  He went 0-2-1 and got benched because he wasn’t good.

He probably realizes he wasn’t that good in the wins also.  

He is much more self aware than his fans.  

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

I don't think he'll be anything more than a backup quarterback elsewhere, but I hope he leaves this dumpster fire of an organization.  They benched him for that?  I'd want out immediately.

I mean, heinicke wasn’t doing himself any favors with the turnovers the past few weeks……what did he expect the coach to do, continue playing him as we fail to put up more than 20 points and he fumbles the ball deep on our side of the field? 

• Like 2

Just now, lavar1156 said:

Get rid of Wentz and Heinicke. Draft two QB's next year and let them fight for the job.

Heinicke has proven that he’s a good backup.  He’s got the temperament and the support of his teammates, and he doesn’t cost much. As a backup, he’s fine.

But yeah, bye bye Carson. 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I doubt he has a big market.  But hopefully he gets a good offer.  I don’t want him here at all for any reason.  Hopefully he gets a Mitch like deal to go somewhere else.  

He doesnt need a big market.  All you need is one.  Not suggesting anybody wants to make him their starting QB, but this current situation has run it's course.  He could carve out a nice gig backing up one of the stud QBs. But he's have a job somewhere.  Chase Daniel can't play forever.  

I can't believe how bad this team is after three years of building..you have teams like the lions and giants scoring way more points a game than the commanders..everything is a struggle with this team. What was 21 plays to score?

• Like 2

Just now, CjSuAvE22 said:

Lol ppl are acting like heinicke was lighting it up or something….even with wentz terrible performance today they still scored 10 pts very on par with a heinicke led team….

They both stink and aren't gonna win with either one

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I mean, heinicke wasn’t doing himself any favors with the turnovers the past few weeks……what did he expect the coach to do, continue playing him as we fail to put up more than 20 points and he fumbles the ball deep on our side of the field? 

Yeah they should have went to the guy who produced 3 turnovers and 10 points instead in the middle of a playoff push.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

I agree, however im still picturing TH sitting on his coach right now, feet on table, popping open a Bush Light with a big **** eating grin on his face.

9 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Damn. He’s sitting right on Rivera like he’s a chair?

Reminds me of a Washington Post article from the Joe Gibbs era talking about his long hours.  

It read that many nights during the season Gibbs “sleeps on a coach” in his office at Redskins Park.

Best typo ever.

Edited by Dan T.
  • Haha 1

Just now, DJHJR86 said:

Yeah they should have went to the guy who produced 3 turnovers and 10 points instead in the middle of a playoff push.

I was neutral on the Qb change, but I can’t blame Rivera for wanting to see if wentz would provide a spark. He didn’t, and that sucks. Whatever. It is what it is……not sure what else he could’ve done,  either way we would’ve lost. It sucks. 

3 minutes ago, bh32 said:

I can't believe how bad this team is after three years of building..you have teams like the lions and giants scoring way more points a game than the commanders..everything is a struggle with this team. What was 21 plays to score?

I agree.  That 21 play drive was actually pathetic.  We just don't look like an NFL team.  Even with TH it was the same low scoring crap.

Just now, KDawg said:

Raiders look better under Stidham than they have under Carr. But part of that is Stidham’s familiarity factor with McDaniels offense. Similar to Heinicke.

Which is even more of a reason why I don't want Carr next year.  Logan Pauslsen made a similar observation on Sheehan's podcast.  Carr struggles in a new offense.  While I do think Carr is a better leader and is mentally tougher than Wentz, I still think this will be more of the same with Carr next year.  

If this is truly the end of the Dan Snyder reign of terror, today had to happen. 

A. No playoffs

B. His line of “we finally have a QB” comes off both ironic and comical 

C. Ensures a complete takeover of the stadium by Cowboy fans on Sonny’s day. And perhaps the Cowboys clinch the division at FedEx.

Seems fitting for Dan’s era to finish like that. It actually adds to my optimism that Dan indeed sells 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, justice98 said:

He doesnt need a big market.  All you need is one.  Not suggesting anybody wants to make him their starting QB, but this current situation has run it's course.  He could carve out a nice gig backing up one of the stud QBs. But he's have a job somewhere.  Chase Daniel can't play forever.  

I’ve been saying a good spot for him would be Arizona.  I believe Murray is out for the year, they need a guy, they have McCoy, they probably want a guy to compete with McCoy.  

I could see him getting some type of a Mitch deal I’m that type of scenario .  I hope he does.  

Just now, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I was neutral on the Qb change, but I can’t blame Rivera for wanting to see if wentz would provide a spark. He didn’t, and that sucks. Whatever. It is what it is……not sure what else he could’ve done,  either way we would’ve lost. It sucks. 

He could've stuck with Heinicke for to at least see how he responded after being benched for Wentz.  Every single measurable metric told you that this was going to happen today and people just ignored it.  

Just now, DJHJR86 said:

He could've stuck with Heinicke for to at least see how he responded after being benched for Wentz.  Every single measurable metric told you that this was going to happen today and people just ignored it.  

Yeah, maybe heinicke would’ve responded well. Maybe not. I don’t know. Like I said, it sucks. Is what it is. Sad.