Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

1 hour ago, Peregrine said:

Howell today putting in a very Howell performance, when given the start against a bunch of 3rd stringers trying to make the roster he managed a typical 15 points.  Simply stunning and definitely worthy of 1st team snaps as some were suggesting.

He was also playing with a bunch of 3rd stringers as well. Is 24/35 with 280 yards and a TD bad for a rookie?

If I remember correctly you're a Heinicke dead-ender so this take isn't super surprising.

• Like 6

I don't know how good Howell can be or not. He was staring down receivers pretty bad, but the oline was bad and the Ravens defense aggressive coming after him, so some of that may have been by design.

I'll say this though, Howell definitely belongs in the NFL. Either a long career as QB2 or a starter, I don't know yet, but he's going to stick.

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

This entire breakdown he does is excellent. Thanks for posting it.

We're definitely going to be adding a CB before the season starts I think.

And hopefully a LB too.  CB and LB are the glaring weaknesses on the defense.

45 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

This entire breakdown he does is excellent. Thanks for posting it.

Yea, Neal and Johnson looked like poo and really were the reason we lost this game.

Edited by HigSkin

3 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Yea, Neal and Johnson looked like poo and really were the reason we lost this game.

The biggest losers last night IMO were Toth, Beavers, Bonnafri, DJ and Neil. adding Toney too.

Biggest risers Howell, Patterson, Davis, Wise, SJW and Milne.

Edited by Koolblue13
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

I don't know how good Howell can be or not. He was staring down receivers pretty bad, but the oline was bad and the Ravens defense aggressive coming after him, so some of that may have been by design.

I'll say this though, Howell definitely belongs in the NFL. Either a long career as QB2 or a starter, I don't know yet, but he's going to stick.

Howell will be our backup in 2023.

If he’s going to stick either as a backup or potential future starter; he will have to develop.

Some point in his 4 years , there will be a new head coach. He’s really going to have to show something to survive the future coaching change.

• Thumb up 1

33 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

The biggest losers last night IMO were Toth, Beavers, Bonnafri, DJ and Neil. adding Toney too.

Biggest risers Howell, Patterson, Davis, Wise, SJW and Milne.

Yup, IMO we could have survived some of the OL poor play along with others, like Brown dropped passes but those 2 mostly contributed to the point swings.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

Yeah, I think they are set at Safety, but the question is going to be the 4th and 5th CBs.  

I still think Danny Johnson makes it.  There have been some good vibes about Corn Elder. 

We'll see.  We're talking about guys who might play special teams or be inactive on gamedays, so we'll see.  

It was really entertaining to see Howell, he played with a lot of confidence for a rookie. I know it's just a pre-season game but I'm wondering what could he do behind a better OL.

He was sacked 5 times, suffered 12 quarterback hits and 8 tackles. I'd like to see him play during the regular season.

5 minutes ago, FrFan said:

It was really entertaining to see Howell, he played with a lot of confidence for a rookie. I know it's just a pre-season game but I'm wondering what could he do behind a better OL.

He was sacked 5 times, suffered 12 quarterback hits and 8 tackles. I'd like to see him play during the regular season.

I really like Howell but him playing during the regular season this year likely means things have gone really sideways. I'd prefer to roll with Wentz and then see how Howell looks next year after a full season of learning and practicing under his belt.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

This is easily the most optimistic and positive post that you have ever made about our HC. Cheers!

I maintain my position that Ron will not finish his contract. He may not get the ax in 22, but 23.

Personally, there’s only one good thing Ron has done. Improve the culture.

Dan should get him to retire from coaching and let him Be team president. Let Ron control who’s the Gm and let the Gm pick the coach. I doubt Ron wants to do that though; especially with this team.