Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

9 minutes ago, KDawg said:

No. He was saying there wasn’t a huge drop off to warrant Heinicke having a roster spot as the number 2 QB.

7 minutes ago, No Nonsense said:

I think he’s saying that Heineke, by far, was a huge drop off from Wentz and Howell. Lol

7 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

I thought he was saying Heinicke was the huge drop off that occurred in between Wentz and Howell lol…

Did any of us get it right, KB? lol…

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, No Nonsense said:

I think he’s saying that Heineke, by far, was a huge drop off from Wentz and Howell. Lol

1 hour ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

I thought he was saying Heinicke was the huge drop off that occurred in between Wentz and Howell lol…

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

No. He was saying there wasn’t a huge drop off to warrant Heinicke having a roster spot as the number 2 QB.

1 hour ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Huh?

EDIT: wait, I think I get it now lol…I was thinking you were comparing Wentz and Howell and saying there was a huge drop off when comparing the two…but that’s not what you were saying, right?

Wentz wasn't anything really prolific or anything, but it felt like a real pro offense. Hitting Terry 40 yards down field, no 8/9 in the box, everyone knowing what to do. It felt legit and solid.

Howell was exciting ripping long passes down field, when he ran out of the pocker, re established his base and made a great throw, instead of just a panic run, team felt like it was rallying around him and playing with energy.

In between those two it was like they were letting the make a wish kid play for a little bit (Hysterical Conn). Like nothing was easy for anyone on offense or defense. Like every play had to be a miracle or bust. Heinicke kind of has that RG3 magic without any of the natural talent. His murder ball to Brown, the late throw to one of the TEs, that sloppy pick. It just had a "how the **** is this dude in the NFL" kind of feel. Darnold looks more professional. So did the dude they brought up from the XFL or whatever, which is where Heini should probably be a back up.

And as far as the "if Wentz goes down for a month" argument, if that happens we will do exactly what we did with Heini after the bye last year. Run the ball to death and try and take the QB out of it, but with Howell, teams couldn't crowd the box knowing that our QB can't throw an accurate ball on time 20 yards down the field. I also don't think anything at all rattles Howell (which is actually a fault of his, but you wouldn't see him curl up in a ball like Heini in the Dallas game and he sure as **** ain't gonna **** up getting a TD like in GB).

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• Koolblue13 changed the title to The Official QB Thread- Commander Carson and Howell the future looks bright
3 hours ago, illone said:

doesnt that depend on BRob8 😂

im kidding, kinda.

No.  Unless you have the Titans or Raven's run game, a run first offense is Dead on Arrival, and even then, in the playoffs, it hasn't worked in a decade, really.  

If they think they can run a "run first" offense like the Colts did last year, they will suck.  Even if "BRob8" (btw, that sounds like a Star Wars droid) is awesome.  

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Would really love to see Sam with the starters for a series; just to see how far he has to go. He should play with the #2’s next week.

Yeah, there is literally no way in the world that would happen unless Wentz is hurt.  I understand where you're coming from, but there is literally no way Ron is going to open THAT door. Greater chance of me having Sydney Sweeny show up naked at my resort condo door and ask if she could come in and stay a while.  I mean, it could happ.... no, no it couldn't happen.  And that's how likely it is Ron would give Howell first team reps.   

3 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Kenny Pickett is looking excellent tonight as well. Like really, really good. Actually has been three good rookie QB performances this weekend: Pickett, Howell, Willis. 

The Steelers are ordained to win 9-10 games minimum by the football Gods.  There is no way Pickett could suck the entire season.

Did he start or did Trubisky start?

12 hours ago, Bifflog said:

All this said, it's nowhere near impossible that Heinicke looks sharp next week and Howell throws 2 picks.  Better for us if it goes the other way, but...

someone here used to get giddy after Cousins’ first preseason game each year for the Vikings…he’d go something like 9/12 for 140 yds and a TD. The dude would crow about it on the Cousins thread, and I would always say wait till the 2nd game—Kirk usually looks like crap in that one. I’d be called a hater, etc blah blah. Sure enough, Cousins would be something like 2/8 for 19 yards and an INT in the next game lol…so, yeah, always the reality that the tables could turn next preseason game. But Howell’s arm ain’t changing lol…it’s a legit NFL arm, and he’s supposed to be developing this year anyway. I’m cool with that still being the plan if needed.

Edited by Califan007 The Constipated
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

This is his I imagine an Abraham / Wentz interview after the game.

Real talk. You know you were hated in Philly and Indy. The media and fans here don't like you too much. So how does it feel to be outshined by a rookie?

I think you're onto something here.  However, before that, when the ABC7 gang says to the Commanders Media group, "hey, so you think we could have a quick 1:1 with Wentz after the game?

The commanders media relations group:

Best Mutombo Finger Wag GIFs | Gfycat

• Haha 4

• Koolblue13 changed the title to The Official QB Thread- Commander Carson and Howell bright the future looks
2 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

No.  Unless you have the Titans or Raven's run game, a run first offense is Dead on Arrival, and even then, in the playoffs, it hasn't worked in a decade, really.  

If they think they can run a "run first" offense like the Colts did last year, they will suck.  Even if "BRob8" (btw, that sounds like a Star Wars droid) is awesome.  

It’ll be a balanced attack. You dont bring in a huge arm and not deploy it. Plus the colts are dumb, Scotty is a better play caller than Reich. 

we have the personnel to air it out. Id be shocked if we end the year under 4k air yards. 

• Like 2