Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

Was watching some old Washington videos of the good ole days and the 1991 season, "Year of the Long Ball (Mark Rypien)" reminds me of what can be this year with Carson Wentz and his arm strength and throwing the ball down field.  This could be us this year, if we stay healthy.

Edited by RWJ
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, zCommander said:

You can talk about Taylor in this thread. The thread creator has a thing about Taylor and that he is not a NFL caliber QB because of his arm strength. The ironic thing is many in media have said Wentz is comparable to Taylor except for arm strength. 

Who in the media says this?! They should be fired, lazy reporting imo, not much in common about the starting from their size to how they release the football

Edited by CjSuAvE22
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

Who in the media says this?! They should be fired, lazy reporting imo, not much in common about the starting from their size to how they release the football

If Wentz can rally the offense around him and comand the offense like Heinike did when he was starting, I'm more than fine with this.

1 hour ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

The main thing that a chunk of media have made the comparison about is both of their tendencies to live and die by playing hero ball. Holding the ball for extended amounts of time trying to get the biggest play possible, instead of taking what is there.

13 hours ago, zCommander said:

You can talk about Taylor in this thread. The thread creator has a thing about Taylor and that he is not a NFL caliber QB because of his arm strength. The ironic thing is many in media have said Wentz is comparable to Taylor except for arm strength. 

I see that the title now has "...and the rest" in a likely reference not only to Heinicke but also Gilligan's Island.

• Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Kelvin Bryant said:

I see that the title now has "...and the rest" in a likely reference not only to Heinicke but also Gilligan's Island.

Good catch!

9 hours ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

Right? One actually runs, can see over the line, has extended experience and success at every level, can hit receivers down field, throw with anticipation, hit guys in stride, is huge and has been wanted by several NFL teams because he's ranked in the top 15. 

• Like 1

It's unfortunately ironic that this thread features a lot of posts complaining how "classless" Indy has trashed Wentz repeatedly after trading him, and also a bunch of posts gleefully talking about Heineke, who clearly has very limited talent but is a gamer who gave his whole heart and body to the team last year, getting "sent back to his sister's couch."

• Like 2

15 hours ago, zCommander said:

Lol... Taylor with arm strength is Russel Wilson... and we all know how much the team wanted Russel.

4 minutes ago, Rolo Tomasie said:

It's unfortunately ironic that this thread features a lot of posts complaining how "classless" Indy has trashed Wentz repeatedly after trading him, and also a bunch of posts gleefully talking about Heineke, who clearly has very limited talent but is a gamer who gave his whole heart and body to the team last year, getting "sent back to his sister's couch."

This is the definition of a false equivalent. Top of the organization vs a few fans on a message board. Yea, they are exactly the same. NOT!!   And it was just one person who said send him back to his sister couch. But hey 1 fan on a message board said it so the entire organization must feel that way, right? Not even close. Where is anyone in the Washington organization saying anything like that about Taylor? In fact he is abotu a lock for the #2 spot. 

As for fans, most who want him cut this offseason have appreciated his effort. And no one has trashed him personally like the Colts did Wentz who attacked his character. So let's stop with the false equivalent and putting words in peoples mouths. Address the person you have a problem with but do not throw the entire board and fan base into it like everyone is saying the same thing. 

• Like 4

13 hours ago, zCommander said:

You are right - Wentz is a Bugatti - price wise....but everything else is just a Honda Accord...lol

Chuckle. I'll give you that one, that was funny.  :)

Though I think Honda Accord might be a bit low.  Maybe a nice Lexus?  Infiniti?  Whereas TH is that 1980's Pinto, it's still an upgrade... :P

9 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

This is the definition of a false equivalent. Top of the organization vs a few fans on a message board. Yea, they are exactly the same. NOT!!   And it was just one person who said send him back to his sister couch. But hey 1 fan on a message board said it so the entire organization must feel that way, right? Not even close. Where is anyone in the Washington organization saying anything like that about Taylor? In fact he is abotu a lock for the #2 spot. 

As for fans, most who want him cut this offseason have appreciated his effort. And no one has trashed him personally like the Colts did Wentz who attacked his character. So let's stop with the false equivalent and putting words in peoples mouths. Address the person you have a problem with but do not throw the entire board and fan base into it like everyone is saying the same thing. 

As Mr. Couch ; sorry but Taylor isn’t an nfl QB. 

It was a great story. He can always say, he beat the goat once. He proved last year; he just doesn’t have the arm to be an nfl qb. The team couldn’t even run the full offense.

If the team believed he was the starter; they wouldn’t have traded for Carson. If the team wanted him as backup; they wouldn’t have drafted Sam. They hope Sam beats out Taylor. There’s a strong chances Taylor doesn’t make the final roster. A return to the couch. Maybe he becomes a coach; as that his something he has expressed interest in.

His nfl career either end after preseason or after the season. 

At best he’s an emergency qb. 3rd stringer. Someone who only comes in due to emergency with your top 2 qbs. At best, he can give you 2-3 games before his usefulness rapidly diminishes.

As far comparing this to Indy not the same. No one the organization has trashed Taylor; where in Indy the organization is still trashing a former player.

16 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

As Mr. Couch ; sorry but Taylor isn’t an nfl QB. 

It was a great story. He can always say, he beat the goat once. He proved last year; he just doesn’t have the arm to be an nfl qb. The team couldn’t even run the full offense.

If the team believed he was the starter; they wouldn’t have traded for Carson. If the team wanted him as backup; they wouldn’t have drafted Sam. They hope Sam beats out Taylor. There’s a strong chances Taylor doesn’t make the final roster. A return to the couch. Maybe he becomes a coach; as that his something he has expressed interest in.

His nfl career either end after preseason or after the season. 

At best he’s an emergency qb. 3rd stringer. Someone who only comes in due to emergency with your top 2 qbs. At best, he can give you 2-3 games before his usefulness rapidly diminishes.

As far comparing this to Indy not the same. No one the organization has trashed Taylor; where in Indy the organization is still trashing a former player.

I assume you wee agreeing with me? Comments are abotu the same but it was not clear if you were agreeing or talking at me. I was not the one who made the comparison. Just making sure. 

On 5/8/2022 at 12:13 PM, Voice_of_Reason said:

Just for reference, last year, heading into the season, Washington's SOS was ranked 15th based on the season ending ranks of 2020.  The opponents had a .504 winning percentage.  The Steelers were #1, for what it's worth.  

At the end of the season, we had played the hardest schedule.

What does this prove?  Pre-season strength of schedule analysis is as meaningless as a watering can on the moon.  It means absolutely nothing.

There is nothing to take advantage of.  You don't know how good teams are going to be one year to the next.  It's a year to year league and even a week to week league. 

I agree the defense is going to be key, and obviously health is always key.  Having a legitimate starting QB for 17 games and not 16 plays would be a good start.  

The TH shots you take are comical....I hope TH has to come in and win us some games just to see the excuses you make for why he had nothing to do with it. 

Ask the Eagles about playing the easiest schedule in the league....they beat no teams with a winning record and made the playoffs. Playing against Aaron Rodgers and Josh Allen rather than against a Jets rookie or Jared Goff is a pretty big difference in the schedule. But I'm sure you have a spin on this....BTW, both of those games we had to play were on the road in Buffalo and GB....Philly and their last place schedule got to go to Detroit and NYJ. Get a clue.

5 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

The TH shots you take are comical....I hope TH has to come in and win us some games just to see the excuses you make for why he had nothing to do with it. 

Ask the Eagles about playing the easiest schedule in the league....they beat no teams with a winning record and made the playoffs. Playing against Aaron Rodgers and Josh Allen rather than against a Jets rookie or Jared Goff is a pretty big difference in the schedule. But I'm sure you have a spin on this....BTW, both of those games we had to play were on the road in Buffalo and GB....Philly and their last place schedule got to go to Detroit and NYJ. Get a clue.

You realize I didn't actually take a shot, or even mention TH in the post at all except to say that having the starting QB play the season instead of the backup is good, right?

You also realize TH entered the season as the backup right?

You also realize they went out and tried to get Stafford and then signed Fitz because they knew TH was a backup right?

And you also realize that several times in this thread, recently, I have defended keeping TH on the roster because I view him as a valuable, in-game backup? While others have said to cut him?  Go back a page or two, I wrote a fairly lengthy defense of keeping TH on the roster just for the reason you mentioned, I think he's a capable guy to come in as a reserve if the starter goes out and can start a game or two.  I've never, ever, ever said anything differently. 

So, I'm not entirely sure what you're going on about. 

And again, as I have said previously, you really don't have any idea how the schedule is going to shake out. It broke really well for the Eagles last year. It broke really well for us the year before.   We were supposed to have the 15th hardest schedule, and it turned into the hardest. 

My point is there is no predicting what teams are going to be good or not good based on the previous year's results.  The best you can do is look at the opposing QBs, and that might give you an idea, but at the same time, injuries happen, players get better, other players regress, so who knows.  

The reason that Heinike isn't in the thread title, is because there is no need to talk about him, when we have 3 brand new QBs on this team including a legit starter and a high valued rookie, but a couple of you potatoes won't stfu about him. It';s impossible to have any legitimate conversation about QB without him being brought up.

It's annoying as ****. It's great to troll the Heini Holers and a fun laugh, but it's exhausting.

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

The reason that Heinike isn't in the thread title, is because there is no need to talk about him, when we have 3 brand new QBs on this team including a legit starter and a high valued rookie, but a couple of you potatoes won't stfu about him. It';s impossible to have any legitimate conversation about QB without him being brought up.

It's annoying as ****. It's great to troll the Heini Holers and a fun laugh, but it's exhausting.

Heinicke is QB2 until somebody else wins the job. It's entirely legitimate to discuss him in the QB thread. Complaining about it is ridiculous and childish.

Frankly, it's the sort of behavior I would expect from an Eagles fan.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb down 1

Just now, Kelvin Bryant said:

Heinicke is QB2 until somebody else wins the job. It's entirely legitimate to discuss him in the QB thread. Complaining about it is ridiculous and childish.

Frankly, it's the sort of behavior I would expect from an Eagles fan.

Yes, lets talk about the zero upside back up we just drafted a replacement for. Yay! 

Boring GIF - The Boss Baby Bored Sleepy - Discover & Share GIFs

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Heini Holers...🤣🤣🤣

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Taylor is a very likable, smart young man.  He wasn’t drafted and was studying for exams for a reason when we picked him up.  He plays with a bunch of heart a certainly will give you everything he’s got.  Unfortunately what he’s got isn’t enough to be a quality NFL starting QB.

Comparing him to Wentz is funny; they have completely different skill sets.  I think the best comparison for Taylor will always be Colt McCoy.  Can he be a serviceable backup - absolutely.  After a year in the pros, will Howell be a better prospect - I think so.  I hope Carson is what we all hope he is and stays healthy so who QB2 is becomes irrelevant.

• Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

40 second mark

"if you had not had Carson, what would you have done differently in the draft"

Scott- "well obviously, not having a QB......"

Yeah, let's talk about that guy we don't have.  :ols:

He didn't say "not having a QB". He said "We didn't have Carson, you know, Taylor being the only QB on the roster, we were looking to add a quarterback, that was a priority".

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

Any truth to the Heinicke rumors of a trade to Detroit? I would think we would keep him for this year. He is not a starter but a great back up. 

Detroit already had 4 QBs going into Camp, none  of whom will beat out Goff at the top of the heap.  Why would they want another back-up Q?

3 minutes ago, evmiii said:

Detroit already had 4 QBs going into Camp, none  of whom will beat out Goff at the top of the heap.  Why would they want another back-up Q?

Don't know it was in SI article 2 days ago. There back up Qb's are terrible. Heinicke is alot better then them. I dont think he would beat out Goff. I would not trade him. He may not be a starter but he is a great back up Qb.

Edited by Redskins 2021

6 hours ago, Rolo Tomasie said:

People are more annoyed with the handful of fans that constantly bring up Heinicke, somehow manage to take every unrelated post as a slight against Heinicke, and generally are more fans of his than of this team.

Trust me, if you're spending a bit of time on here, it gets really ****in' old....and this is coming from someone who likes Heinicke.

Edited by SpacePenguin