Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

I van see this thread falling off the front page at some point, so want to add here same thing I said in the Wentz trade thread:

This isn't over, we should still draft a QB in the first round this year as Wentz replacement. 

He can't stay healthy and he's a certified asshole, he won't last here long, three years tops.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Reading the narrative with the Colts.  The first half of the season Wentz was killing it.  Colts had a stretch where they were rolling after a slow start.  It went south from what I read on COVID related issues -- Wentz wasn't vaccinated, got COVID, team was pissed, then they hit a bad skid to end the season.  And the owner and FO were really upset about it.

The last game for the Colts, feels a lot like the Kirk game against the Giants that seemed to seal his fate.  That's the gist of my takeaway of what happened. 

It’s sounds like he pissed the owner off beyond repair. HC still wanted him, Ballard has taken sides with the owner through self preservation and shipped Wentz out.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, zCommander said:

Heinicke and Wentz had almost the same stats last year except for the turnovers though. 

We are consistently winning the division with Wentz starting this year. Might be a situation where we are complaining about early playoff exits but we just made a big jump in my opinion.

• Like 1

So 2- 3rds or a third and a second. Not terrible  I think it might be a bit of a premium if the Colts really were going to cut him. 

I don’t think I’m a fan of the player, but he does have potential and we still have our first and a second this year. 

5 minutes ago, RWJ said:

I would think we draft a QB early Rd 1 to learn under Wentz.  

Be interesting to listen to Keim's next podcast.  Keim has been on Wentz as a possibility including this morning which I posted about.  Keim also thought Wentz wouldn't preclude them from drafting a QB.  Will see what he says on the next one.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Big difference as for the deep ball.  The first graph is Wentz's sweet spots according to PFF, the 2nd is Heinicke.  Heinicke is basically red flagged in every range of the field beyond 20 yards -- doesn't matter if left, right or center. 

Red = sweet spot accuracy wise

Screen Shot 2022-03-09 at 2.40.38 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-03-09 at 2.42.55 PM.png

Edited by Skinsinparadise

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Be interesting to listen to Keim's next podcast.  Keim has been on Wentz as a possibility including this morning which I posted about.  Keim also thought Wentz wouldn't preclude them from drafting a QB.  Will see what he says on the next one.

Ron runs this show. He's not drafting a QB to sit on the bench in round 1. He expects a big jump this year. He's going to add a guy who will start this year.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, ExoDus84 said:

You would've also offered him waxed, easy slip-off hand towels to sweeten the deal.

Jokes aside, this guy may be good for this team, but he could be awful.  The Colts had a playoff spot locked up if they beat the Jags, but he couldn't do it last year. If he wins that game this trade isn't made

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Is this a joke?

Wentz had 7 more touchdowns and less than half as many picks that Heineke threw.

1 minute ago, CTskin said:

27td 7int vs 20tds 15ints should never be referred to as “almost the same.”

Clearly you guys don't know how to lookup stats. Look at yards, completed passes. Turnover is not the only stat. That is where Wentz was better at and which I said he was. 

• Haha 2