Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

23 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I love the stuff. It is strong as hell. But gets you in the right mood quicker. :)

Your evening posting style is becoming clearer to me 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

19 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I watched that video of him about what he eats.

Spaghetti and meatballs.  Cookies and ice cream.  Honeybuns.  I can put on 10 pounds in a few days eating like that

He needs to be eating grass-fed beef and lamb, pacific salmon, free-range eggs, plain/no-sugar-added Greek yogurt, and mushrooms.  Carbs can be had in the form of cruciferous veggies, lettuces, and beans.

44 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

So, like the invasion of the Hawaii folks around Colt Brennan, except this time the QB has some chance of actually playing. 

Great.

I'm going to go start stabbing my eyeballs with hot needles.  

Sigh.

I was one of those guys, a preexisting one though. Always loved the rainbow on the helmet logo, so took them on. Really was hoping Colt would be one of those rare day 3 hits, alas no such luck, crazy the dude passed away so young. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

10 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

If I start drinking now, i am afraid that one more post from @JamesMadisonSkins about trading down, one more about Drake Maye has to sit in his rookie season from someone, one more about Jayden Daniels is a straightline runner from someone -- and I might snap.  So am holding back for a bit. 😎

Don't forget the Keim shade for reasons that passes understanding 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, FlyBigBeard said:

My guy is 24..soon to be 25? If he hasn't added weight by now he will not add much more weight. He is just making excuses for him seeing he is training him. It is what it is. I don't like it but I have no say. 

Daniels is 23, he's old, but not quite that old (will turn 24 like week 16 or thereabouts). I think Penix is 24 though. 

18 minutes ago, FlyBigBeard said:

My guy is 24..soon to be 25? If he hasn't added weight by now he will not add much more weight. He is just making excuses for him seeing he is training him. It is what it is. I don't like it but I have no say. 

Jayden was actually born during a leap year and is 85 years old. 

• Haha 9

1 hour ago, clskinsfan said:

Mayes work ethic and love of the game have never been questioned by anyone that I can find. You have a link to some of that stuff by chance?

Only thing I saw was some scout -- anonymous of course -- saying Drake de-committed from Bama when he saw who he was competing against and that bothered him.  And that Drake  hasn't gotten better in college in the little areas. 

It's nonsense. Clearly all these guys work hard.

And people always forget how young they are and how much pressure they're under. Dudes are all very impressive. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

8 minutes ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

It's draft day and we have no idea who this team is taking at #2.  So refreshing to see after such a long time

I’d argue it’s the first time since 2012 that we know exactly who they are drafting

35 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Spaghetti and meatballs.  Cookies and ice cream.  Honeybuns.  I can put on 10 pounds in a few days eating like that

Days? That would be couple of hours for me lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

I mean yeah. He was ~22 years old facing 19-20 year olds.

Don’t know that this will allay any concerns, but average prospect age this year is 23.24.  Average draft pick age last year was 24.11… both significantly higher than the previous 2 decades.  For reference, from 2000-2018, average age dropped from 22.6 to 21.7.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, SuperBash said:

I’d argue it’s the first time since 2012 that we know exactly who they are drafting

In 2012, they were locked in on RG3 with the trade, but there's not guarantee that's it's going to be Daniels for sure.  Maye is very much in play 

New Keim postcast nothing new

A.  Would bet on Daniels

B.  Doesn't know for sure, he doesn't have a high source in the FO confirming it

C.  Again said don't assume this is between Daniels and Maye and implied its likely between Daniels and McCarthy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

As an observation - it's so interesting how things changed over the draft season. I know the media guys are usually behind the FO and once the FO catches up on tape and scouting, the boards in the media start shifting to reflect that reality.

But going into this season and really up until about 4-6 weeks ago, it was all about Caleb and Maye being the 1a and 1b.

Even at the beginning of the off-season, mock drafts had Daniels outside the Top 10. Many said he could get up into the Top 5 potentially.

Then around 6-8 weeks ago Daniels gained more momentum, and it's just bizarre that we're sitting here today with him as the presumptive pick, and LITERALLY - every single person saying Daniels to the Commanders says that they don't have any intel but just what they're hearing is expected.

Everyone says our FO has been tight-lipped. Even the local beat guys are just making educated guesses at this point.

So how did we go from Maye being a lock to Daniels being a lock, at a time when everyone making these prognostications admits they have no intel from the team?

Just a fascinating thing to observe, and something to come back to if, in fact, our pick is Maye.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

New Keim postcast nothing new

A.  Would bet on Daniels

B.  Doesn't know for sure, he doesn't have a high source in the FO confirming it

C.  Again said don't assume this is between Daniels and Maye and implied its likely between Daniels and McCarthy

Just got a response back from Keim about McCarthy I sent to him last night.  Here it is.  

Yeah but not sure the % id put on it. Keep telling people not to assume it’s between Jayden and Drake. Think JJ might be higher on their list than DM. I stress: I only Think. Don’t know for absolute certainty
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

It's draft day and we have no idea who this team is taking at #2.  So refreshing to see after such a long time

I think we have an idea. Probably a good idea. But we don’t know. In the last few years beat guys have known what positions we are targeting in which rounds never mind who we are leaning towards with our first pick!!