Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

5 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

I don't know, maybe the real evaluation didn't start until after the season. You know, like it does every year. Good Lord. Usually BB is smarter than this. This draft is making people nuts.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, The Consigliere said:

It is not and it would be nice if people would steel man takes instead of straw manning them, but alas, no such luck. 

How many people mentioned pressure to sack ratio? His 5th year breakout as an old as hell prospect beating up on 18-20 year olds (not many elite players stick around in college for 5 years, even during covid), how many are concerned about the lack of throws when under pressure, how many are worried that his QBR #'s are largely utterly anonymous until his 5th year in college (55th, 41st, 18th) how many are worried about his use of the field in its entirety, of his telegraphing intent (rarely throws on the run), his scary frame is alarming, like RGIII, and yes, that's a piece of the critique, but for many of us, certainly those of us who post most often critically of him, his frail build is just one of numerous issues we have of him, and to suggest its just RGIII is nonsense. Period. The RGIII analogy is bad enough, even if inaccurate, but the issues we have with him are legion. If it was just size/health, I'd be 1/5th to 1/10th as worrried as I am and ftr, I would have loved to have drafted Kyler, and Richardson, but no, not Daniels. 

RG3 and Richardson are injury prone and both missed time in college. RG3 even tore his ACL at Baylor. 

Yeah Jayden is slight but he's missed one game in 55 starts.  The kid is tough just watch the videos of him chasing down defensive players after they pick his pass.  He has that dog in him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I mean you could have an educated opinion too it costs you nothing. 

that his eyes drop and he takes off running when pressured? I can tell you who else did that

Its a red flag everybody is hoping gets corrected if hes the pick. Hes a good kid. I hope it works out this time

Edited by dunfer
  • Thumb up 1

That Daniels RG3 comparison is pretty lazy.

For one thing, Gruden hated RG3 because he couldn't throw with anticipation and "see it" in the passing game overall.

Yet he loves Daniels.

Because he does those things better than the so-called prototypical QBS in the draft. 

Edited by Hooper
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Folks I hope the next 10 years of Commanders football brings joy and happiness to all of us and that Thursday, Friday and Saturday help to make it happen.

We all are the best that's left of a once proud fanbase.

We are the ones who stayed and endured the worst period in team history-- not just the humiliating osses on the field, but the loss of pride and honor off of it.

We are the ones that refused to give in and give up.

We are the ones still standing and still cheering.

Every one of us deserves for something good to happen.

It's ok to start believing again.

If I'm not there to see it with you, know that I'm somewhere in spirit, if not flesh, drinking Colt 45, eating wings and celebrating the victory all the same.

Cheers!

We are the ones that spent 50> hours a week posting on a message board for a team that never came close to contending for anything in the 28 years that have passed since most of us set up their first dial up modem. 

Think of how insane that is. I shudder when I imagine how much time I spent the last 28 years thinking about, reading about, and posting about all things redskins, and if not for my significant draw down since my kid was born in '16, I would struggle to imagine how this was all that different from a severe drug addiction, but w/no pay off whatsoever (except the relationships built on the two forums I posted on). 

18 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

F it. I'm all in on Daniels. He's gonna resurrect this franchise and I can't wait for him to strut all over Parsons and Thibodeaux etc. 

🤣.

Yeah, needless to say, not.

I hope and pray he's good, I'm not some loon that will be hoping he sucks to back my take. That's 1000% idiocy, but it's not a move I'm can support, I just disagree w/it, period. 

Regardless, I hope I'm wrong, and if I am, I'll admit it whole hog. It's easily possible, I miss like everyone else on who hits a good 45-55% of the time. The joy of the team actually being good for a decade after the misery that's been ongoing from age 18 thru age 49 is well worth some braised or bbq's or sous vide crow, needless to say (sous-vide seems like a particularly rough method of preparation). 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Hooper said:

For one thing, Gruden hated RG3 because he couldn't throw with anticipation and "see it" in the passing game overall.

Yet he loves Daniels.

Because he does those things better than the so-called prototypical QBS in the draft. 

He literally said the same thing about Daniels when he was going over the QBs with Colt!

There is very little anticipation throws with Daniels.  

Dont worry guys. Ignore all the precedent about his frame and age. He's just a late bloomer like Hendon Hooker, Pickett, Stetson Bennett, Weeden, Weinke, Joey Harrington, Jason Campbell, Akili Smith, and Ryan Tannehill...

HTTR

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, jg77 said:

RG3 and Richardson are injury prone and both missed time in college. RG3 even tore his ACL at Baylor. 

Yeah Jayden is slight but he's missed one game in 55 starts.  The kid is tough just watch the videos of him chasing down defensive players after they pick his pass.  He has that dog in him.

I literally just posted that 80-90% of my concerns with Jayden have nothing remotely to do with RGIII and his injuries during the 2012 season. I don't care, at all about the RGIII comp, the frail build issue is one of a gazillion issues I have for the prospect.

But let me also add, JK Dobbins, who just recently signed w/the Chargers on a 1 year deal, played his entire college career injury free only to have had every single season of his pro career derailed by injuries. Same with Cam Akers, largely injury free in college, in the NFL, he literally couldn't make it through a single season without a serious knee or achilles injury Meanwhile, Nick Chubb, who had his knee nearly obliterated in college and barely made it back to the NFL, and yet played 5 seasons largely completely healthy before sustaining a catastrophic injury in year 6.

You simply don't know whats going to happen in this league. Some times guys stay healthy, sometimes they don't. You just don't know. Richardson is enormous, it didn't matter, a concussion is a concussion. Drew Brees was tiny, especially for his era, but he continually would play for half decades before sustaining injuries ('01 until '05, then '06 clean until '10, then '11 clean until '15 etc). You just don't know in this league. Hopefully he can stay healthy if he is the pick, but that's just one of a million worries for me, and staying healthy is a risk for everyone, not just running guys. 

Edited by The Consigliere

42 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Of water, yes. Or he lied at his proday. How do we know they didn't tamper with the scales?

"Jayden Daniels...please approach the scale"

"Yes...sir...."

image.png.a713b80e7858842736983349a73ec802.png

• Haha 1

It’s looking more and more like Jayden will be the pick. I’m happy with it, I like him and believe he is worthy of the #2 pick. But I can’t shake this feeling that JJ will be a champion 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, pcbothwel said:

Dont worry guys. Ignore all the precedent about his frame and age. He's just a late bloomer like Hendon Hooker, Pickett, Stetson Bennett, Weeden, Weinke, Joey Harrington, Jason Campbell, Akili Smith, and Ryan Tannehill...

HTTR

Ding Ding Ding Ding. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yep Keim at Top Golf and took Daniels

Who do you think we take a OT?  Man, Morgan and Rosengartner would be ideal.  Morgan can pass block well and needs to fine tune his run blocking and Rosengartner can do both well but her needs a bit of fine tuning too but I think they would work out well protecting JD, if he's the pick which he seems to be and the OG an C can open lanes for BRob and the other RBs.  

41 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I mean, is this news?  Peters said basically the same thing without being extremely definitive about it in a press conference last week.  "It's hard to imagine a scenario where we trade out of 2" or something to that effect.  In a press conference.  On the record.

Is Grant just now figuring out what happened last week and is upset by it?

Our media is such absolute trash. 

He took this tweet below and then 10x'd it. There is nothing from this or what Peter's said to suggest they were telling teams to not even call them. Yeah, they are probably staying at #2. But Paulsen made it sound like they were being stubborn and wouldn't even pick up the phone. Just a dumb look.

Edited by @DCGoldPants
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

F it. I'm all in on Daniels. He's gonna resurrect this franchise and I can't wait for him to strut all over Parsons and Thibodeaux etc. 

Yeah I’ve been getting there last week or so. Have to trust GMAP and this coaching staff. Should be fun to watch!

11 minutes ago, jg77 said:

I think some of the videos of Jayden getting blown up being that "dog" in college have been overemphasized, to the point that his competencies and assets are overlooked. I do agree with posters that point out that some of his tendencies will NOT fly in the NFL. He will be destroyed if he does that in the NFL. But with that said, he has made some adjustments to his game, which means he is not too stubborn to learn. RG3 in my opinion, is a very fixed stubborn personality. Sometimes you just have to adjust to thrive.  I am thinking JD can with proper coaching, and relying on his teammates.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dah-Dee said:

Well then I guess the good news is that per PFF, Daniels:

-- tied for first, in missed tackles forced per rushing attempt, among all Power Five QBs *and* RBs with more than 120 attempts; and

-- tied for 3rd among the same group in yards after contact per rush attempt.

This is a good stat, but I don't want my QB on this list.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Hooper said:

Yet he loves Daniels.

Depends on how he's being compared.  Personally, his build and relative ability to avoid hits remind me of RGIII.  

Thats the only comparison that matters to me, and I suspect I'm not alone.  Of course injuries have a high degree of chance built in, but I don't think the body type / injury concerns are without merit.

Edited by DiscoBob
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Folks I hope the next 10 years of Commanders football brings joy and happiness to all of us and that Thursday, Friday and Saturday help to make it happen.

We all are the best that's left of a once proud fanbase.

We are the ones who stayed and endured the worst period in team history-- not just the humiliating osses on the field, but the loss of pride and honor off of it.

We are the ones that refused to give in and give up.

We are the ones still standing and still cheering.

Every one of us deserves for something good to happen.

It's ok to start believing again.

If I'm not there to see it with you, know that I'm somewhere in spirit, if not flesh, drinking Colt 45, eating wings and celebrating the victory all the same.

Cheers!

We need this on an Extremeskins T-shirt. 

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, skinsmania123 said:

I think some of the videos of Jayden getting blown up being that "dog" in college have been overemphasized, to the point that his competencies and assets are overlooked. I do agree with posters that point out that some of his tendencies will NOT fly in the NFL. He will be destroyed if he does that in the NFL. But with that said, he has made some adjustments to his game, which means he is not too stubborn to learn. RG3 in my opinion, is a very fixed stubborn personality. Sometimes you just have to adjust to thrive.  I am thinking JD can with proper coaching, and relying on his teammates.  

When I listened to that John Beck interview, it didn't leave me hopeful that he can change significantly.  If your QB coach says that "he knows its a problem" and then follows up by saying, "I'm not sure it can be taught" - that doesn't leave me hopeful.  It implies that Jayden has talked to his coaches about it, and that they aren't sure what to do about it (obviously, I'm speculating a but here - but it seems reasonable).