Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

Just now, Dah-Dee said:

Spielman has more thoughts. Okay Rick, sure....

Rick Speilman, IMO was only hired to convince Ben Johnson to come to the Commanders with brother Chris, in Detroit helping to try to convince Johnson to sign as HC.  The party is over Ricky!  

1 minute ago, Llevron said:

I don’t see how that is wrong honestly. 

At best it’s incomplete, Lamar is far more effective as a runner and better at avoiding contact. Pretty crucial piece of the puzzle he’s missing. 

• Like 2

Saw the throws.

I did not care much about whatever his weight would be and I didn't have any questions about his arm strength so I didn't glean much from that stuff. Already loved the release n footwork so seeing him work against air is just checking a box.

What did jump out to me was the atmosphere and vibe. It was pointed out in the broadcast too. I have not watched a ton of Pro Days, but usually it feels like the tension in the air could be cut w/ a knife. Like the weight of the world was on every guys shoulders not to screw up. Here, everybody was happy.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dah-Dee said:

So the Broncos, who'd have to jump from 12 to at least 3 for Daniels, had their QB coach there, but the Commanders didn't. Hmmmm. 

I don’t think it means much, our OC was there chatting with his QB coach. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

So was nobody there with a radar gun grabbing speeds?

Seems fishy…..something ain’t right! 

13 minutes ago, rockluc said:

At best it’s incomplete, Lamar is far more effective as a runner and better at avoiding contact. Pretty crucial piece of the puzzle he’s missing. 

True. I don’t think player comps are particularly in-depth analysis anyway honestly. But point taken. 

18 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Again, not directed at you, SIP.  This is another reason you don't spend a #2 overall on this player!  I've pointed out the other ones in previous post(s).  

From what I'm seeing it's not an issue? I'm confused.  It's not like Malcomb Kelly who had established problems in his knee that weren't going to get better, this is something that just needs to be drained before it gets infected.

I am married, so I could be wrong, though.

1 minute ago, NewCliche21 said:

From what I'm seeing it's not an issue? I'm confused.  It's not like Malcomb Kelly who had established problems in his knee that weren't going to get better, this is something that just needs to be drained before it gets infected.

I am married, so I could be wrong, though.

It's ongoing and you want to spend the #2 overall on him?  Not me plus the other issues I mentioned.  

5 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Just embrace the recency bias folks….:)

Daniels is the clear QB2 - Let’s see what impression Maye generates tomorrow.

and your 💩. I came back and cleaned this up several times. You nor does anyone else know who QB2 will be 74.  You can hope though.  :) 

Edited by RWJ

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Peters hinted that they might take a QB later in the draft, too.  If so why not a freakish dude like this and try to develop him

He's a freak of talent and if Peters does draft him so be it. I think a 7th gets spent on a QB, just guessing but he won't last that long.  What a rope that he has.  

Edited by RWJ
  • Like 1

Just now, RWJ said:

He's a freak of talent and if Peters does draft him so be it. I think a 7th gets spent on a QB, just guessing but he won't last that long.  What a rope that he has.  

Raw as heck but he arguably has the strongest arm in this class and has wheels

• Like 2

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

Raw as heck but he arguably has the strongest arm in this class and has wheels

His size and arm remind if of a QB back in the 70s from the Rams.  Remember him. :)  

53 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

All he is missing is a no pressure no diamonds type of platitude slogan to along with his cliche answers.

First in order to even be close to perfect at a pro day, you first have to participate in all aspects of the pro day. By refusing to run he obviously failed at that.

Now he wants to twist loading up on iv fluids at midnight as somehow a heroic effort to perform at the pro day. The dude’s answers don’t make sense at all. He’s a fraud.

Your posts have a debilitating effect on my mind, you’re making me want to like Daniels more now even though I think Maye is a better prospect. Your posts should be studied (in captivity) 

• Haha 7
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

27 minutes ago, Dah-Dee said:

Jackson was a bit more stocky at 6'-2" 215 lbs.  but it's not far off.  Can Daniels slide and avoid big hits?  I don't think anyone is as elusive as Lamar.    The fact that Maye thrived in an Air raid style offense and has the mass just makes me think the mocks are all wrong and Peters is leaning going that route.  Will be interesting to watch that pro day tomorrow.

• Like 2

I love that this is our problem.  Which awesome quarterback are we gonna take at #2, not the sale, not Congress, not investigations.

Keim mentioned it in his most recent podcast that he and JP Finlay were discussing that.  Boy does it feel good.

• Like 14
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

28 minutes ago, Dah-Dee said:

Rick would draft Caleb Williams over Peyton Manning:

Rick also likes Maye as the next best in this draft after Caleb:

IMG_1352.thumb.jpeg.e754b99252cba162de8c6c772c22e19d.jpeg

https://commanderswire.usatoday.com/2024/02/20/washington-commanders-advisor-rick-spielman-likes-drake-maye-a-lot-unc-2024-nfl-draft/?taid=65d512d7900e7800017bd6cd&utm_campaign=trueanthem&utm_medium=trueanthem&utm_source=twitter

8 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Peters hinted that they might take a QB later in the draft, too.  If so why not a freakish dude like this and try to develop him

I'd love to go three deep on guys that can run a QB rush playbook.

Everybody can prepare the same way.

If we are gonna pick up a QB late, Don't get a guy who is a statue. Get a dude who can move.

• Like 2