Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

Diana Russini said she heard that both Washington and New England are both looking at the veteran QB options too and wouldn't be opposed to trading back. She said right now everyone is just collecting information and nobody has firmly decided on a thing so its not true at all that teams have decided what they're doing (but Chicago seems pretty set as long as nothing pops up during this process about Williams)

The Chargers definitely want to trade back though, everyone has been told that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

That was one of the main points of the PFF guys from what they were hearing at the combine.

Guessing Atlanta but they might not have that much competition for him.

This is the thing.

Fields is mid.

Sub 200 ypg

6.9 ypa

61.4% comp.

1.23 tds/game

Not to mention he hasn't played a full season.

His legs help a lot and maybe getting out of Chicago will help him too, but he's nowhere near a top 10 QB.

If teams are really liking the 4-6 qbs, maybe the pressure to get Fields is dropping rapidly.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

He said this too but he said its not from the team as to sources and this take is the opposite of that the PFF guys heard

Diana Russini JUST said she heard the same thing about Washington on this podcast:

"Its a rumor and its unstabtiatiated"

Then yeah, it means nothing.

For whatever its worth, Maye played baseball as a kid confirmed by his HS coach. So at least you won't have to worry about him not sliding.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ThatNFLChick said:

Diana Russini said she heard that both Washington and New England are both looking at the veteran QB options too and wouldn't be opposed to trading back. She said right now everyone is just collecting information and nobody has firmly decided on a thing so its not true at all that teams have decided what they're doing (but Chicago seems pretty set as long as nothing pops up during this process about Williams)

The Chargers definitely want to trade back though, everyone has been told that.

I am sure they are considering everything, that's how they roll.  

Russini same person who said we will be all over Belichick.

They absolutely should consider all options. It'd be criminal not to.

But at the end of the day, taking the blue chip QB in year 1 of your new regime is just the no brainer move.

Keep it simple.

• Thumb up 2

Hah! Oh Kirk. 

Well, you know, we do have the $$. And if we did sign Kirk, he's what, 36? Would think it would be to pair with a rookie QB. But maybe not a 1st rounder. Likely later one.

It is a weird thought. Kirk back in DC. It would also open us up to a floodgate of picks. I would have to think we'd trade off #2. Would stockpile for future investments at QB and also build up the team around Kirk.

Kirk + Rattler + Howell is a nice QB room, add in that we'd have like 12+ picks over the first 2 rounds the next few years, it would be tempting.

But that's not really a move of a team that is looking to build for the long-haul, unless you had a transition plan behind Kirk.

Just now, Warhead36 said:

They absolutely should consider all options. It'd be criminal not to.

But at the end of the day, taking the blue chip QB in year 1 of your new regime is just the no brainer move.

Keep it simple.

Exactly.  We've said that for ever here.  Look at trading up, trading down, veteran, everything.  Do your homework.  That's how good teams roll.

In the end, I strongly suspect they stay at #2 and pick a QB unless they don't care for Maye or Daniels.

• Like 1

For those pondering a Cousins return, he was asked about that in a recent interview and said, "that chapter is closed."  Right back at you Kirk, we're moving on too. Good luck with the Achilles rehab at 36.

9 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Hah! Oh Kirk. 

Well, you know, we do have the $$. And if we did sign Kirk, he's what, 36? Would think it would be to pair with a rookie QB. But maybe not a 1st rounder. Likely later one.

It is a weird thought. Kirk back in DC. It would also open us up to a floodgate of picks. I would have to think we'd trade off #2. Would stockpile for future investments at QB and also build up the team around Kirk.

Kirk + Rattler + Howell is a nice QB room, add in that we'd have like 12+ picks over the first 2 rounds the next few years, it would be tempting.

But that's not really a move of a team that is looking to build for the long-haul, unless you had a transition plan behind Kirk.

It would be fun for me as much as some hate the dude, I liked him, my kids did his Qb camp among other things, classy dude.  Keim said in a recent podcast he knows that Kirk would be OK coming back -- Kirk hated Bruce. 

It would likely suck for the team's long term future.  But I do think we can have a 9-8 run with Kirk as soon as next season.  

I would be shocked that it happens.  But not shocked at all that they'd consider every option -- as Keim has pointed out a million times Harris and the people working under him pride themselves on considering every option before every decision.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

"Its a rumor and its unstabtiatiated"

Then yeah, it means nothing.

For whatever its worth, Maye played baseball as a kid confirmed by his HS coach. So at least you won't have to worry about him not sliding.

The Russinis of the world are getting tiring.

download.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

Again, why would Cousins come here? Only if we VASTLY overpay and that appears to go against everything Adam Peters has said about not taking shortcuts. It makes 0 sense for us to sign Cousins, especially since teams much closer to contention are gonna be lining up for his services. Personally I think the Steelers should go all in on him. You put Cousins on that Steeler team and they can contend in the AFC.

• Like 2

We can’t go back to Kirk! He’s the only person on Twitter to ever block me! I kept reminding him of the fact that he kneeled down instead of spiking the ball against the Eagles once he signed with the Vikings and he was apparently not pleased to be reminded so he blocked me. 😂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

18 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

I have been out of the loop for a couple months. So reports are looking like we are going to take a quarterback with the #2 pick and start Kirk?

It's 2012 and 2014 all over again.

It's just one dude.  Millions of rumors.  Who knows what to trust so I look for common themes.  And signing Kirk isn't a common theme I've heard.

9 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

It's just one dude.  Millions of rumors.  Who knows what to trust so I look for common themes.  And signing Kirk isn't a common theme I've heard.

Ah, okay, gotcha.

NGL you've been my news aggregator for a bit, I appreciate it!

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

59 minutes ago, mac8887 said:

I have watched more Maye than any of the others, and I like Maye, never said I didn’t, I’ve even stated that he has elite traits already and has potential to be a top 5 QB for  his entire career, where do you get I don’t like Maye?

one thing I won’t do is pretend there’s no holes in his game just because I think he’ll be the pick, and I think that Maye will be the pick

I bolded the part I found really funny. You were claiming him a future bust and to trade with the giants so that they’d get a bust. You don’t like Maye, don’t start with a lie. It discredits anything you say after 

Edited by mh86
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, ThatNFLChick said:

Ian Rappaport just said the Raiders, Vikings and Giants are all trying to trade up to a top 3 pick for a QB

It just seems silly to me. No ----. What are they going to spend to get that pick? They have to talk 3 firsts, multiple day 2 picks across the future and a player and then they probably still get no's. I have no interest to moving to any of those picks because the QB class coming up sucks, and in '26, maybe its mega phenom Arch, or maybe it's nothing again, and in any case, you really comfortable predicting what our record will be in '25 w/Sam howell as the starter? I have no idea, but I'd bet its more likely we're a 6 to 9 win team, than a 3-5 win team, and if that's true, we're just screwed period. 

The problem they have is quite often, at least one of the bad teams already drafted an elite QB and doesn't want to do it again at the top of the draft. That was true of the Rams in '12, the Browns in '16, the Redskins in '20, the Dolphins in '21, the Bears in '23. The problem for the Raiders, Vikes and Giants, is that all 3 of the teams picking at the top of '24 are unhappy at QB. The Bears know Fields isn't it, the WFT doesn't know what Howell is, and already screwed this up by not going QB in '20, and the Patriots think they missed on Mac Jones two years earlier. There is no team in the top 3 that is either fine, or is deluded into thinking they're fine. So there's no way to move up for those teams w/o defeating the purpose with a roster killing trade. If I am them, I probably still try to move up, especially if I'm the Raiders or Vikes, because in those two instances, there are enough pieces on the roster that tanking for a future class probably doesn't work, at least the Giants know they suck and will be picking high for a few years. The Raiders have some defensive talent, and good vets on offense, the Vikes are a mismash of really high end talent, and really low end, but when they had a QB, they were .500 or better going back years. So in both of their cases, it could make sense to move up. If I'm the Giants, I'd rather just trade down, and take a second tier guy, try again in '25 or tank for '26 if I miss. 

But as others have said, I don't think any of the big 3 trade down. Its simply not worth it to do so, the second tier of talent is way way too speculative compared to the big 3 and the '25 class sucks so there is no reward there, like there was last year for the Bears to move down. 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, The Consigliere said:

It just seems silly to me. No ----. What are they going to spend to get that pick? They have to talk 3 firsts, multiple day 2 picks across the future and a player and then they probably still get no's. I have no interest to moving to any of those picks because the QB class coming up sucks, and in '26, maybe its mega phenom Arch, or maybe it's nothing again, and in any case, you really comfortable predicting what our record will be in '25 w/Sam howell as the starter? I have no idea, but I'd bet its more likely we're a 6 to 9 win team, than a 3-5 win team, and if that's true, we're just screwed period. 

I wouldn't even answer the phone unless I get every pick a team has for the next two years MINIMUM.

I'm tired of these garbage offers where we trade down and get like a 3rd and 5th and 1st next year. That's trash.

We gave up 3 #1s to move up just four spots in 2012.

3 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

In terms of what then happens with the #2 pick, pretty much everything that’s currently being speculated and rumored.

The public-private pose for teams in drafts are typically hey we can do anything regardless of what they are thinking privately.  So for me until I hear something like Keim saying they don't dig Maye or Daniels and are hung up on McCarthy or Nix or are in love with the idea of bringing Kirk back or whatever -- it just seems like run of the mill draft talk so far.

Rumors of this or that rumor is standard fare.  The only thing hardcore that Keim is saying now is he doesn't think they are trading up.

21 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Bro Maye's sliding is so clean.  It's great.  But I also love how he's willing to bulldoze where needed.