Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

17 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

ย 

I think the resume is he made an NFL roster which is more than most people on ESPN and NFL Network can claim actually ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

RG3 had a 9 year NFL career. Does anyone care what he has to say about QB prospect skill-sets? Do we think heโ€™s capable of breaking down film and being a talent evaluator?ย 

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

ย 

What makes Daniel Jeremiah qualified to give his opinion? A podcast host? Has he ever played football? Why is this being posted here?

ย 

*this is sarcasm*

ย 

I know you're making a point, but Jeremiah was an NFL scout for 7 years from 2005-2012 and remains plugged in with front offices so he's a true scouting-related insider / reporter.

ย 

Edited by CapsSkins
  • Like 6
  • Thumb up 1

21 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

The enemy of my enemy.ย 

ย 

Anyway, I really liked that Maye video with Colt. Maye seems super affable, I think I finally feel entrenched as a Drake Maye guy. Not as solidly as if we'd gotten Ben Johnson, as I think that system would have been perfect. But, solidly enough. I'd still be happy with Daniels.ย 

Maye and Colt both played under Mack Brown, so I get their similarities.ย ย 

35 minutes ago, NOLA2DC said:

Who is he?

Ex QB who had a couple of decent years at Virginia and then bounced around NFL practice squads for a couple of years. His entire NFL stat sheet is two kneel downs.ย 
ย 

ย But heโ€™s played the position so Iโ€™d give him a hearing at a minimum. Then again playing a position doesnโ€™t automatically mean you can scout that position.

• Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, Conn said:

RG3 had a 9 year NFL career. Does anyone care what he has to say about QB prospect skill-sets? Do we think heโ€™s capable of breaking down film and being a talent evaluator?ย 

ย 

Thats why I have said maybe 20 times, you can choose whose opinion you value. I don't pay much attention to RG3's...then again I don't particularly care about Tim Hasselbeck's since he seems to always have a particular opinion about Black QBs especially.ย 

6 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

ย 

What makes Daniel Jeremiah qualified to give his opinion? A podcast host? Has he ever played football? Why is this being posted here?

ย 

*this is sarcasm*

I didn'tย ย even watch the video but I know who he picked as the number two quarterback.ย 

*not sarcasm*

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, MartinC said:

Ex QB who had a couple of decent years at Virginia and then bounced around NFL practice squads for a couple of years. His entire NFL stat sheet is two kneel downs.ย 
ย 

ย But heโ€™s played the position so Iโ€™d give him a hearing at a minimum. Then again playing a position doesnโ€™t automatically mean you can scout that position.

Does he do video breakdowns like Chase and Jake of the QB school, or does he just post tweets?ย 

2 minutes ago, Conn said:

ย 

I'd really hope so!

ย 

Didn't you hear, he was "this close" to running our org

ย 

https://www.si.com/nfl/commanders/news/robert-griffin-iii-in-charge-of-commanders-when-dan-snyder-sells-washington-new-owners

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, NOLA2DC said:

Does he do video breakdowns like Chase and Jake of the QB school, or does he just post tweets?ย 

Some of his analysis video is posted in this thread - but he seems to be just reviewing highlights not full games (at least in whats posted here).

• Thumb up 1

Btw I had a dream two nights ago that we traded BRob and a slew of picks to trade up....

ย 

However, in my dream, we were the ones with two picks in the top 10 instead of Chicago and we were moving up from like 6 to 3.

ย 

Discuss.ย 

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, CapsSkins said:

Btw I had a dream two nights ago that we traded BRob and a slew of picks to trade up....

ย 

However, in my dream, we were the ones with two picks in the top 10 instead of Chicago and we were moving up from like 6 to 3.

ย 

Discuss.ย 

ย 

This is more worthy of discussion than what it will cost us to trade up to #1 overall in the real world. Your dream actually happened and the trade up wont.ย 

2 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

ย 

He does full games.

Are they posted in here as well? I've not seen those.

• Haha 1

McCarthy's highlight reel is nice. I am no expert on QB fundamentals. If you asked me to identify "good footwork" I would have no idea what to point to.

ย 

That being said, the thing that immediately jumped out to me in that video right away was "he looks like he has a really solid stance and footwork."

ย 

Grain of salt coming from me haha

• Thumb up 1

Just now, MartinC said:

Some of his analysis video is posted in this thread - but he seems to be just reviewing highlights not full games (at least in whats posted here).

ย 

He did a couple of all-22 videos. I watched the ones for Daniels and Williams. Two things stood out to me:

ย 

1) He does a pretty good job of explaining what he's seeing and what he thinks the defense is doing

ย 

2) I get the distinct feeling he's been in the tank for Daniels way before any evaluations. Even during the bad plays that he acknowledged, he made excuses for Daniels. It was the receiver, it was the scheme, it was the protection. Williams wasn't really afforded nearly as much deference in his breakdown.

ย 

So I acknowledge that he seems to be decent at film breakdown. But I think it's all very colored by bias that was already there.

• Like 3

Just now, FootballZombie said:

ย 

You do?

ย 

Who'd he pick.

ย 

Maye.

ย 

But funny thing is Jeremiah was open that #2 is a debate between Maye and Daniels, that Daniels had the better tape in '23 but that Maye is younger and had less help.

ย 

He said more teams he talks to have Maye at #2 than Daniels but that there's a legit split among personnel people between those two.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

McCarthy's highlight reel is nice. I am no expert on QB fundamentals. If you asked me to identify "good footwork" I would have no idea what to point to.

ย 

That being said, the thing that immediately jumped out to me in that video right away was "he looks like he has a really solid stance and footwork."

ย 

Grain of salt coming from me haha

This is still the best 7 minutes on QB footwork Iโ€™ve ever seen.

ย 

ย 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

ย 

ย 

ย 

I tend to think the same way. In the NFL, good defenses will put a spy on the QB, the DEs will have good rush discipline and not get beat to the edge, and they will force running QBs to stay in the pocket and beat them with their arm.

ย 

If you can do that AND run at an elite level? That's crazy upside. But the running will fade as the QB gets older, so the pocket passing has to be the *primary* mode of quarterbacking to sustain success. Resetting the pocket, eluding the rush, stepping up in traffic, accurate placement, those are the keys. Not just deep bombs to open receivers or running down the sideline.ย ย 

• Like 1