Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

So many of these rumors do not pan out. But sometimes there's something there. I have felt like the Giants would be a good fit for Maye or McCarthy because they actually can sit for 1 year at least behind Daniel Jones. And it would be a smart move for the Giants to grab a QB because it's a bit of a get out of jail free card for giving Jones that contract.

1 hour ago, mistertim said:

That wouldn't shock me either. I like Rattler. My biggest issue with him was that he seemed like an arrogant and entitled douche. But I've read that he's matured, and if that's true then I'd definitely take him over Penix. Not sure about Nix, but I think Rattler might have higher upside.

It’s all opinion but personally I would take Penix over both Nix and Rattler.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

So many QB rumors....I wonder how many deals are made on draft day

Anybody who doesn't read the 76.9% chance as sarcasm basically saying he has no idea what they're going to do is completely missing the point...

But, there is a good chance the Giants take a QB if for no other reason they have a bad QB on the roster and they need one.  So, that logic holds.  

Just now, JamesMadisonSkins said:

So many of these rumors do not pan out. But sometimes there's something there. I have felt like the Giants would be a good fit for Maye or McCarthy because they actually can sit for 1 year at least behind Daniel Jones. And it would be a smart move for the Giants to grab a QB because it's a bit of a get out of jail free card for giving Jones that contract.

Unless Jones is day and night better than he was last year (which is possible) a new QB won’t be sitting behind him for long. 

Dabo is probably on the hot seat next year, he needs to win. He hasn’t got the luxury of developing a QB for the next coach. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, mistertim said:

What is your obsession with giving our 2nd overall pick to the Giants in order to take a 2nd tier QB while they get a 1st tier one?

Because both Maye and Daniels seem like reaches to me at #2. I like Daniels a lot, but with his skinny build and lack of arm strength and unwillingness to throw on the move worries me. I think he will be good but injury prone due to his build and running and his ceiling not as high as the elite passers because of his lack of arm strength and unwillingness to throw while scrambling, if he does learn to do that than he could be very good. He is very tempting at 2 and definitely don’t want the Giants getting him.

Maye on the other hand has all the tools and traits you want, but just isn’t that good right now. Maybe he does become the qb that people project him to be, but right now he has inconsistent footwork, can make all the throws, but wildly miss all the throws as well. He is not good under pressure, and in his biggest games, he hasn’t showed up, and definitely hasn’t put his team on his back like Gregg Jennings. People talk about the lack of talent he had, but he was playing against even worse talent. UNC was the 3rd most talented team in the ACC and way more talented than a lot of the bottom feeders in that conference and there were plenty of times they got beat by lesser opposition. He was supposed to be a Heisman candidate at the beginning of the year and ended up regressing. People compare him to Herbert, Herbert won a Pac12 championship. Does he have the size and traits you want, yes, but so do a lot of busts. Can he be great? Yes, can he bust? Equally yes, it’s not like he is mechanically sound and a proven winner, and if you look at his numbers under pressure, and in the biggest games, he came up short.

Plus I really like McCarthy, he played in a pro style offense under an amazing coach, that decided he was the qb that could win him a national championship, and they did. He is 27-1 as a starter, he wasn’t asked to go out and win them many games, but he certainly didn’t lose them any either. He is a well coached, mechanically sound, winner, with a live, loose arm, really good athleticism and is already great at going through his reads and diagnosing defenses. If you watch his highlights, it’s an amazing blend of sitting in the pocket throwing dimes, amazing ball placement. Avoiding the rush, extending plays with his legs and throwing dimes, while keeping his feet under him and keeping his sound mechanics. And he even runs well to, gaining yards and first downs with his feet. He has great pocket awareness, it’s almost like he has eyes in the back of his head sometimes, reminds me a lot of Mahommes with that. He just looks to have that “it” factor that everyone looks for, who else beats Ohio state twice?

I like Caleb the most and at one point it was Daniels next, then Maye, but after watching more and more film on McCarthy and listen to more and more people’s takes on him, I think he is my qb2 in this draft now, and I know he will still be available at #6, I don’t see an opportunity to get him any lower than that, that’s why trading with the giants and netting 2 extra first rounders might be our best bet at getting him, while maxing out our trade value.

37 minutes ago, e16bball said:

This is an interesting video to me, because the stats he’s highlighting are the exact opposite of the stats that PFF suggests are “stable metrics” that traditionally translate most cleanly from college to the NFL. 

For example, he’s citing stats when under pressure. But PFF has always stated that their analysis suggests that “clean pocket” stats are what translate best to the NFL.

Same with the playaction stats — one of PFF’s stable metrics is actually passing on plays with no playaction, which they say translates better.

And not that he had any stats for it, but he did reference McCarthy’s ability to make throws when he’s rolled out. And once again, the PFF stable metrics actually include passing on straight dropbacks as the more translatable measure.

Just found that interesting, because of how starkly the two ways of prioritizing (and discarding) some of the different metrics contrast with one another. As you can imagine, using the opposite approach leads to the opposite outcome (PFF prefers Maye by a wide margin).

The one place where I absolutely do have to push back on what he says in this video, though, is in comparing what McCarthy did in his high-stakes games against what Maye did versus his toughest opponents. That is a deeply rigged comparison. No matter who McCarthy played over the last two seasons, he went into every game with a better roster around him than the opponent. Maye? His roster was badly outclassed by teams like Notre Dame, Clemson, Oregon, etc. They weren’t playing at the same difficulty level in their so-called “toughest games.”

To your last point, look at the games that Maye lost while his team was more talented, can’t say the same about McCarthy except for maybe the playoffs last year, but that was against a team that made it to a national championship 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Here's what you have to keep in mind: rumors start for several reasons:

- An agent wants to get publicity out for his guy

- A team wants to stir the pot and throw out misinformation about what they want to do

- A media member wants to sound like they know something so they make something up

- Somebody in the team gets information they probably shouldn't have and wants to seem smart and tells somebody.

I'm sure if you go back and look at all the rumors, you could find rumors supporting every single top 10-20 pick, and rumors going the other way.  Literally every player will get linked to every team at some point through something for some reason.  

The one reason a rumor won't start is because an actual decision maker tells a reporter what they actually want to do. That will NEVER EVER EVER happen.

And that is the only reliable source.  For the Commanders, in the end, there might only be 3-4 people who truly know what they want to do and what they are thinking: Peters, Newmark, Gribble (Head of college personnel), Quinn, Kingbury and Whitt.  Top 2 FO, top 3 coaches.  That might be the list of people who ACTUALLY know.  Mayhew might be included, he might not.  I doubt Hurney is involved.  

That list of people is saying nothing to anybody.  

All the rumors are from other sources. Mostly the media making things up and the agents feeding them lies.  

• Like 3

Also worth thinking about the deeper implications of some of these rumors.  They often require logical jumps that just don't make much sense you've game planned out how it would actually work.  If the rumor requires 6 other things from 5 other teams that seem like things those 5 teams WOULDN'T do, then how does the rumor wayyyy downstream of that make sense.

42 minutes ago, Conn said:

It’s just honesty. You cannot expect to get a starting QB of any caliber in the 7th round. People said the same about Brady in the 6th…if anyone had a clue, he would’ve gone earlier. It’s the only thing you can say and not sound like a dumbass. You can’t pretend you knew because you obviously did not. 

Rivera said what he said after having Howell in the building for an entire offseason and season. That’s why it was so dumb, even taking into account that Howell isn’t a starting caliber QB at this time. 

Yea I was just joking. Definitely wasn't comparing Peters and Ron. Peters is quite impressive.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, mac8887 said:

Because both Maye and Daniels seem like reaches to me at #2. I like Daniels a lot, but with his skinny build and lack of arm strength and unwillingness to throw on the move worries me. I think he will be good but injury prone due to his build and running and his ceiling not as high as the elite passers because of his lack of arm strength and unwillingness to throw while scrambling, if he does learn to do that than he could be very good. He is very tempting at 2 and definitely don’t want the Giants getting him.

Maye on the other hand has all the tools and traits you want, but just isn’t that good right now. Maybe he does become the qb that people project him to be, but right now he has inconsistent footwork, can make all the throws, but wildly miss all the throws as well. He is not good under pressure, and in his biggest games, he hasn’t showed up, and definitely hasn’t put his team on his back like Gregg Jennings. People talk about the lack of talent he had, but he was playing against even worse talent. UNC was the 3rd most talented team in the ACC and way more talented than a lot of the bottom feeders in that conference and there were plenty of times they got beat by lesser opposition. He was supposed to be a Heisman candidate at the beginning of the year and ended up regressing. People compare him to Herbert, Herbert won a Pac12 championship. Does he have the size and traits you want, yes, but so do a lot of busts. Can he be great? Yes, can he bust? Equally yes, it’s not like he is mechanically sound and a proven winner, and if you look at his numbers under pressure, and in the biggest games, he came up short.

Plus I really like McCarthy, he played in a pro style offense under an amazing coach, that decided he was the qb that could win him a national championship, and they did. He is 27-1 as a starter, he wasn’t asked to go out and win them many games, but he certainly didn’t lose them any either. He is a well coached, mechanically sound, winner, with a live, loose arm, really good athleticism and is already great at going through his reads and diagnosing defenses. If you watch his highlights, it’s an amazing blend of sitting in the pocket throwing dimes, amazing ball placement. Avoiding the rush, extending plays with his legs and throwing dimes, while keeping his feet under him and keeping his sound mechanics. And he even runs well to, gaining yards and first downs with his feet. He has great pocket awareness, it’s almost like he has eyes in the back of his head sometimes, reminds me a lot of Mahommes with that. He just looks to have that “it” factor that everyone looks for, who else beats Ohio state twice?

I like Caleb the most and at one point it was Daniels next, then Maye, but after watching more and more film on McCarthy and listen to more and more people’s takes on him, I think he is my qb2 in this draft now, and I know he will still be available at #6, I don’t see an opportunity to get him any lower than that, that’s why trading with the giants and netting 2 extra first rounders might be our best bet at getting him, while maxing out our trade value.

To your last point, look at the games that Maye lost while his team was more talented, can’t say the same about McCarthy except for maybe the playoffs last year, but that was against a team that made it to a national championship 

Okay, let’s say for a second we trade with the giants. What’s to say Arizona doesn’t trade back as well and then all 4 QBs get taken. Let’s one up this hypothetical since you can do it too. Let’s say all four QBs are hits and we’ve traded one of them to our divisional opponent. The divisional opponent that I’m not at all worried about right now compared to the cowboys or the eagles.

Okay, in my made up fairy land scenario, what did we do? Did we take one of the second tier guys later? The ones who have bigger flaws than the others. Do you see how ridiculous your idea is? So what if they have question marks or flaws. We have nothing and none of the FA QBs are worth kicking the can for more unknowns down the road. It doesn’t matter at the end of the day, because it’s not going to happen, but the fact that you’re open to trading a potential franchise QB, regardless of who it is we pick, to give them to our divisional opponent. You sure you’re not a giants fan?

Edited by mh86

1 minute ago, DogofWar1 said:

Also worth thinking about the deeper implications of some of these rumors.  They often require logical jumps that just don't make much sense you've game planned out how it would actually work.  If the rumor requires 6 other things from 5 other teams that seem like things those 5 teams WOULDN'T do, then how does the rumor wayyyy downstream of that make sense.

"The Raiders are really interested in Jayden Daniels" as an example.

Cool, they could be interested in Jayden Daniels. Who wouldn't be. And hell, from their current position at #13 they'd probably throw a parade if he were there to be selected.

But that rumor may be thrown out there to get teams in the Top 3 or 5 to reach out to gauge interest for what the Raiders would offer.

Going to take some guesses based on today's GM and HC comments (outside the top 3)

Atlanta - After Raheem's comments today seems like its either Daniels or Fields

Vikings - Kirk stays but I still think they draft a QB (might make a move for JJ)

Broncos - This feels like a Bo Nix landing spot

Raiders - See Atlanta

Giants - Attempt to move up for Maye?

Saints - Rattler to sit behind Carr and learn/mature?

6 hours ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

Not that I can think of. 2008 was a bad year all in all, but it wasn't thought of as a good QB draft class.

Ravens traded back from Top 10 to the mid-20's, then traded from the mid-20's to the late teens to grab Joe Flacco.

But there were no elite QB prospects. The best was Matt Ryan who went 3rd. A LT and DE went 1 and 2.

I can think of two. In 2001 the Chargers traded the #1 "Vick" pick to Atlanta, and pulled the trigger on QB in round 2 after taking LTII at 1.05 after the trade. The only other one I can think of is the Bears last year, but the Bears had just drafted Fields in '21, and he'd just finished as a league average starter in QB in '22, so it was totally understandable why they'd pass on QB's who weren't substantially better prospects than Fields when he came out.

The Rams trading with us in '12 was a bit similar to the Bears trade down in that they had Bradford, and so they decided to stick with Bradford, and move the pick rather than target a QB again. 

27 minutes ago, MartinC said:

Unless Jones is day and night better than he was last year (which is possible) a new QB won’t be sitting behind him for long. 

Dabo is probably on the hot seat next year, he needs to win. He hasn’t got the luxury of developing a QB for the next coach. 

Daboll will want them to take one of the premier receivers in MHJ/Nabers/Odunze. God knows they need help at that position and he's probably counting on one of them inflating Jones' numbers to the point they can improve on last season's record. I mean look how Young did with basically no weapons at his disposal. Now whether ownership agrees is another story

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, The Consigliere said:

I can think of two. In 2001 the Chargers traded the #1 "Vick" pick to Atlanta, and pulled the trigger on QB in round 2 after taking LTII at 1.05 after the trade. The only other one I can think of is the Bears last year, but the Bears had just drafted Fields in '21, and he'd just finished as a league average starter in QB in '22, so it was totally understandable why they'd pass on QB's who weren't substantially better prospects than Fields when he came out.

The Rams trading with us in '12 was a bit similar to the Bears trade down in that they had Bradford, and so they decided to stick with Bradford, and move the pick rather than target a QB again. 

That R2 QB was Drew Brees!

Also, the draft "haul" they (ATL) had to give up to move to #1 was #5, a 3rd round pick, a future 2nd and Tim Dwight. Good lord, times have changed!

"with the fifth pick, which they received from Atlanta along with the Falcons’ third-round pick this year, second-round pick next year and receiver Tim Dwight.

Edited by JamesMadisonSkins

5 hours ago, e16bball said:

In 2016, the Browns traded out of the Carson Wentz pick (#2 overall) and then took Cody Kessler in the 3rd. 

They didn’t trade down the next year, they stayed put and took Myles Garrett, but they again passed on the top QBs (Trubisky, Mahomes, Watson) and then went for Deshone Kizer in the 2nd round. Which I think is similar in concept: passing on the top tier QBs to get value elsewhere and then circling back to lesser QBs later.

Nice job, nice memory. Totally forgot about the Browns having that pick. Makes sense that they moved down considering they went after Manziel, Kessler, Kizer, and Baker in one five year stretch. Kind of crazy. 

1 hour ago, Est.1974 said:

The QB debate got some mileage yet. Buckle up.

I am going to throw so many tires on that fire, that the smoke will be blinding.

9 minutes ago, The Consigliere said:

Nice job, nice memory. Totally forgot about the Browns having that pick. Makes sense that they moved down considering they went after Manziel, Kessler, Kizer, and Baker in one five year stretch. Kind of crazy. 

The best part of that is that they finally found a guy in Baker and dumped him and traded the future for a QB that doesn't play and has a crippling contract.

That is some Cleveland Browns bull****.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

I mean Howell is who he is. He was the previous regime's 5th round pick. Half his rookie contract, the primary source of his value, has been used up. He got beaten up and was the league leader in picks and sacks. By all advanced metrics he was a bottom 3-5 starting QB in the league last year. His ceiling in the league is high end backup, in the Gardner Minshew tier. You don't punt on multiple blue chip QB prospects at the very top of the draft to build around a Sam Howell.

Now if we were picking like 7th or 8th? Maybe you think about it. But picking 2nd makes it a real no brainer.

I'm 1000% behind the idea of taking Maye at 2 and failing that, accepting Daniels as a pick and hoping I'm wrong in my fears. 

That being said, you do not steel man Howell in your takes. You fixate on everything he was bad at, and nothing he was good at, nor the nuance of the season which is precisely we have a chance at Maye in the first place. The team and coaching staff quit on Howell in Mid November. It was blatantly obvious they quit, tanking away a chance to win the game with Seattle, vomiting all over themselves in the second half against dallas, giving up 31 points to a Giants team that didn't top 31 all season, imploding against Miami and San Francisco etc. It was very clear that he was actually dealing the first half of the season despite playing behind a garbage line. He was never elite, but when the team actually half way gave a ---- (basically to mid November), 15 TD's against 9 picks, tons of yards, moving the ball, some comeback wins. That team and the staff quite blatantly quit, to me, probably during the Thanksgiving Cowboys game, or maybe it was late when he threw 2 more picks against NY in the fourth, with the game still up in the air (12-21). Not sure when, but they absolutely quit in November. I'm really happy about that quitting because it lifted our pick from the 5-11 zone of November to eventually 2nd overall via tiebreaker based on the final weeks results, but there is no arguing that Sam Howell was not a bottom 3-5 QB all year, he was a bottom 3-5 QB, if he ever was one, in the final 5 game stretch of the year when the team stopped giving a ----, and Howell ran into a brick wall in the process. If I want to add nuance to the other side to steel man your position, which is fair, I'll also add, he got worse as the schedule got harder, and that's absolutely true. The final stretch of the season involved games against a giant pile of playoff teams (5 of the last 6), as well as great defenses (4 of the final 6, with the other two defenses: Miami and LA, being about average, not bad at all). So Howell did feast more heavily on the early first half to 2/3's of the schedule against a lot of crappy teams (only 3 of the first 10 games were against playoff teams). 

But if you're going to be fair to the guy, it was blatantly obvious, when the team was actually trying, the first half of the season, he was a successful QB in the league. He was consistently producing a QBR in the 12th-20th zone in the league, maybe even better, I'd have to check. He had some pothole games in that early part of the season two, and spent a lot of time digging himself out of holes he helped dig in the first half, but for the first half to 2/3's of the season, he basically looked like a league average QB if you gave him even an average line, average playmakers, average coaching and a defense that wasn't utter ----, like the OL. Why am I not okay with that? Pretty simple, I've seen this story before. You aren't winning Super Bowls with league average QB's, period. It's damn near impossible, you see about 1 or 2 Super Bowl winners a decade who didn't have a monster stud behind center, and its habitually true that that team never came close to making it back again with that QB behind center. Nick Foles and the Eagles? Forget it. Brad Johnson and Rich Gannon from '03? Nope. Trent Dilfer in '00? Hell no. They are all one offs, and its important to note those teams were perfectly built to eventually reach that pinnacle, once (In fairness to Gannon and Brad, they were better than average, but they were also at the end of the line, and neither were elite). So for me, what sold me on Howell, was the chance that he might peak as an 8th-12th in the league caliber ceiling, rather than the 10th-14th ceiling I feared, with an expectation of 15th-20th. Well, it seems pretty clear to me that Howell is closer to 15th-20th as a ceiling, than 8th-12th, and we aren't winning super bowls or consistently contending with that. Our build is trash to begin with. He aint stepping into the 2002 Bucs team with that epic defense, the Ravens and Raiders teams of '99-'03, nope, he's stepping into a dumpster fire, and so it's time to turn the page, simple as that. It's not because he sucks, its because we have the 2nd pick and guys like Maye, Daniels and Williams simply have much higher ceilings and 5 years on a cheap deal, as opposed to 2 years. I still think Howell is close to league average with decent talent around him which is damn valuable, so I wouldn't trade him unless we got a pretty nutty offer, but whatever I may think of the guy, the key thing is, he's got 2 years left on his deal, the build is ----- and he isn't the kind of talent to elevate it in just two years. Its time to turn the page, period, and build with a five years on the cheap deal with a higher ceiling prospect, but no, needless to say, despite your protestations, I don't believe for a second he's a bottom 3-5 QB in the league. Put most QB's on this team last year and every last one of them would've been dog ----. The team is trash, and the players and coaches quit. Nobody is producing league average stats with that scenario in place no matter how talented they are. 

• Thumb up 2

4 hours ago, clskinsfan said:

He got blasted plenty at LSU. 

Now see, this is the kind of hyperbole that gives us "Maye guys" a bad name. Because of you (go to timeout right now young man!), I just watched every offensive snap of LSU's first 9 games (Florida St., Grambling, Miss. St., Arkansas, Ole Miss, Missouri, Auburn, Army, Alabama) and I saw the following from that slippery mother****** Daniels:

Florida St. - Blasted once (the ill-advised and now-infamous 'hurdle' play)

Grambling - Nothing (Note: only played first half)

Miss. St. - Blasted once with an asterisk - Defensive player ejected for targeting on that tackle (Note: came out early Q4 due to score)

Arkansas - Nothing

Ole Miss - Blasted once on the much-replayed Q1 fumble (twice if you want to count the late hit out of bounds in Q3)

Missouri - Nothing (solid tackles 4:35 2Q, running TD end 3Q, but not blasted)

Auburn - Nothing (good tackle 10:00 Q4, but not blasted) (note: the first sort-of-legit Daniels slide I've seen so far) (note: if you like helmet-deflected interceptions, ff to 2Q 2:50)

Army - Nothing (Note: only played first half)

Alabama - Blasted once with an asterisk (Turner flagged for roughing, should have been ejected for targeting) (Note: did not play in Q4 due to concussion protocol from Turner hit)

Haven't watched last 3 games yet. So probably two legit big hits so far, plus 3 asterisks (Miss. St. ejection, Ole Miss late hit, Turner roughing). That's it.

Let's cool it on the exaggerations about hits Daniel takes/took. Yes, he's a breathing stick figure and might make some really crunchy sounds on his last play ever in the NFL. But it's not like he's regularly getting crash-dummied.

And when my boss wants to know why I got nothing done this afternoon, I'm totally throwing you under the bus -"clskinsfan made me do it!"  So get ready I'm sure she'll know who I'm talking about. Definitely. 

Edited by Dah-Dee
  • Haha 3

55 minutes ago, mh86 said:

Okay, let’s say for a second we trade with the giants. What’s to say Arizona doesn’t trade back as well and then all 4 QBs get taken. Let’s one up this hypothetical since you can do it too. Let’s say all four QBs are hits and we’ve traded one of them to our divisional opponent. The divisional opponent that I’m not at all worried about right now compared to the cowboys or the eagles.

Okay, in my made up fairy land scenario, what did we do? Did we take one of the second tier guys later? The ones who have bigger flaws than the others. Do you see how ridiculous your idea is? So what if they have question marks or flaws. We have nothing and none of the FA QBs are worth kicking the can for more unknowns down the road. It doesn’t matter at the end of the day, because it’s not going to happen, but the fact that you’re open to trading a potential franchise QB, regardless of who it is we pick, to give them to our divisional opponent. You sure you’re not a giants fan?

My idea is to land McCarthy while trading back, if we can only go as far back as 3 or 4 then do it, we can probably find a way to get McCarthy and at least another 1st rounder.

I will answer your question about the giants and Maye, with another question. Are you scared of a Maye led giants team? I am definitely not, that doesn’t strike fear in me in any way. The reason I use them in my hypothetical is because of the rumors that they sent lots of scouts to see him, I think we can get the most in return trading with them. If they don’t think they can trade back that far and land McCarthy then don’t, but they should at least be able to trade back to 3 or 4 and hopefully land an extra first.

I’d be perfectly fine with the Giants getting Maye, he couldn’t even lead his team to victory over UVA last year, a team they should’ve spanked. I don’t think Maye is that good, and even if he does turn out to be the Next Herbert, than so what. It’ll be years before they have the cap space or picks to do anything with him, at least 3 because they’d have to trade up lots of picks and or valuable players to get him and still have the Daniel Jones contract to deal with. Still as good as Herbert is, he’s never really done anything in the playoffs, and Herbert is Mayes supposed ceiling. To me, Maye is nowhere near where Herbert was coming out. I wanted Herbert bad, I mean real bad, and I’d pick 3 qbs over Maye in this draft. And even with Herbert being as good as he is, he’s not getting a Super Bowl without superb talent around him, the same would be with Maye, and McCarthy.  We need more than just a qb, unless we can get Caleb, and he turns out to truly be the next Mahommes, or Daniels, and he ends up killing it with his legs without getting hurt the way RG3 was before the injury. The extra draft capital we could get while still landing a QB that everybody is starting to agree is a top 10 talent in this draft could really go a long way to opening our window sooner and making it last longer when it comes to being an actual contender. I say nay to Maye, but if they draft him I will root for him just as much as anyone else here.

Edited by mac8887