Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

2 hours ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

I don't believe the Bauer stuff is true, he pitched in the NPB this past year but wasn't on the list of top velocities. The list cuts off right above Bauer's normal fastball velo. So whatever was in that vid you watched, he didn't actually use it in a real game.

He probably spider tacked his hands up like crazy for that video.

As for throwing a football, a lot of QB's can work on core muscles and techniques to increase power when planting and throwing on deep shots. But the tight window throws where you've gotta drive it quickly. What you see in college is what they've got in the NFL. That aspect doesn't improve.

It wasn’t a video, it was several videos that pretty much the entire momentum team participated in. It was before Trevor Buear started playing in Japan, after his suspension, so while he wasn’t on a team. Everyone of them were able to improve their consistent velocity.

I’m not stating that McCarthy will add 10mph to his fastball, but he doesn’t need to, he can already make every throw, but I’m not going to assume a 21 year old with his height and frame has peaked physically, that probably won’t happen until around 26 or 27 years of age.

Add Maye to the limited participation list I guess. I didn't expect him to so much of anything at the combine either tho.

It also makes sense for him not to work out when they can save it for a pro day.

At least these guys are getting measured. We will have verified hand sizes and heights and whatnot to pour over at least

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Kurt Benkert getting like 20 posts here in the last few days.  He now the new Kiper of the draft media?   😎

He starting to get closer to the Florio club to me.  

Edited by RWJ
  • Thumb up 1

10 minutes ago, NOLA2DC said:

Who is he?

Exactly. 😎

13 minutes ago, WashingtonRedWolves said:

I just thought it was wild he had Drake below JJ. Daniels hype continues to go off the charts

It feels off the charts because 95% or so of any Daniels hype or slam at Maye gets posted here.  

I was listening to a dude this morning on the Junkies, ex-scout say Daniels has happy feet, graded him a third rounder, picked Maye as a first rounder.  Another dude just on Sheehan, used to work for PFF tell him definitely Maye at #2.  Sheehan had someone on his podcast a few days ago who also went Maye at #2.  Two fan polls has Maye picked by a good margin over Daniels.  It doesn't mean anything though.    Means zero. 

It's lopsided here in Daniels direction as to social media posts.  It's not lopsided as to us posting our own takes -- that's pretty balanced with maybe even a Maye leaning.  But as for mock drafts, comments, etc -- It feels pretty even between Maye and Daniels.  Again though means nothing.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

7 minutes ago, NOLA2DC said:

Who is he?

He's a former NFL QB. Just like Kurt Warner, Chase Daniels, Colt McCoy, Tim Hasselbeck, David Carr and the others whose evals and opinions have been posted here about the top 3 QBs. Choose whose evals you value and whosee you don't!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

He's a former NFL QB. Just like Kurt Warner, Chase Daniels, Colt McCoy, Tim Hasselbeck, David Carr and the others whose evals and opinions have been posted here about the top 3 QBs. Choose whose evals you value and whosee you don't!

That's the issue, I've heard of those other guys but not him. I understand people can cherry-pick info but you should at least have some type of resume. Did he predict Mahomes or Purdy, for example?

Edited by NOLA2DC

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

Kurt Benkert getting like 20 posts here in the last few days.  He now the new Kiper of the draft media?   😎

The enemy of my enemy. 

Anyway, I really liked that Maye video with Colt. Maye seems super affable, I think I finally feel entrenched as a Drake Maye guy. Not as solidly as if we'd gotten Ben Johnson, as I think that system would have been perfect. But, solidly enough. I'd still be happy with Daniels. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NOLA2DC said:

That's the issue, I've heard of those other guys but not him. I understand people can cherry-pick info but you should at least have some type of resume. Did he predict Mahomes or Purdy, for example?

I think the resume is he made an NFL roster which is more than most people on ESPN and NFL Network can claim actually 😂😂

• Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

For those who like the tight window over the middle throws, this highlight has plenty. His pocket awareness, and mobility look outstanding. He makes all the throws you can ask for, with zip when needed, and with touch when needed. He is amazing throwing on the move, almost Mahomes esk. He has “it”. This is one of the best Highlight videos I’ve ever seen. I am in the Caleb camp, thought I was in the Jayden camp, but after watching this guy just as much as the others recently, this is my guy if we can’t get Caleb

https://youtu.be/almlF6EPS88?si=UYL6XZsDwc4DVGTP

check this one out to, the disparity between JJ and Drake while under pressure is insane. JJ is lights out under pressure

Edited by mac8887
  • Like 3

Just now, Anselmheifer said:

Anyway, I really liked that Maye video with Colt. Maye seems super affable, I think I finally feel entrenched as a Drake Maye guy. Not as solidly as if we'd gotten Ben Johnson, as I think that system would have been perfect. But, solidly enough. I'd still be happy with Daniels. 

It was short but sweet.

I liked that you could not have had a better person stress to him the need for him to get much better at getting down at he end of runs. Colt was made of glass lol. If he is telling you that you should probably listen. Plus he did it in the nicest way possible. Not how I woulda handled it, but whatevs.

And to his credit Drake echoed the sentiment. At least I know he understands the logic. Now we gotta see it more consistently in practice.

12 minutes ago, NOLA2DC said:

I predicted that we'd draft Kirk when we did and that he's be good. Should I start a blog and start making bold QB twitter posts.

• Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Quickie on the second best qb in the draft...

What makes Daniel Jeremiah qualified to give his opinion? A podcast host? Has he ever played football? Why is this being posted here?

*this is sarcasm*

• Confused 1