Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

15 minutes ago, MartinC said:

How does he figure we get Williams? Via a trade up I assume.

He does understand the Bears have to be willing to trade out of the chance to pick Williams??

Judging by his take that Maye is apparently some pocket passing statue, I'd say Bram doesn't understand much.

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, MartinC said:

How does he figure we get Williams? Via a trade up I assume.

He does understand the Bears have to be willing to trade out of the chance to pick Williams??

He is so high on Daniels he thinks there’s a chance the Bears take him.  Or we trade up to get him. 

He’s like one of the posters on this thread who is so locked in on Daniels it’s obscuring everything else around him.  

Even Keim couldn’t talk him out of it.  

Edited by Voice_of_Reason

8 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

He is so high on Daniels he thinks there’s a chance the Bears take him.  Or we trade up to get him. 

He’s like one of the posters on this thread who is so locked in on Daniels it’s obscuring everything else around him.  

Even Keim couldn’t talk him out of it.  

We trade up to get Daniels ... That would be quite the statement move from Peters.

I will put on the list of things that are not going to happen.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, MartinC said:

We trade up to get Daniels ... That would be quite the statement move from Peters.

Sorry, I meant we trade up to get Williams.  Or the bears take Daniels and we take Williams.

He never discusses Maye as an option. 

I almost want us to take Maye just to watch Bram unravel.

3 minutes ago, MartinC said:

Commanders: "We'll give you our 2024 2nd and 2025 1st to move up to your spot for Daniels"

Bears: 

brad-pitt-hysterical-laugh-pj565dg5a3flrd1s.gif

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, mistertim said:

"Drake Maye is a pure pocket passer!"

* Maye runs for 1200 yards and 16 TDs during his two seasons *

He's a pure pocket passer with less arm Talent and accuracy than Mason Rudolph.

I'm not sure he's even gonna make a roster next year.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, ThatNFLChick said:

Yeah I got a chance to meet with, ummmmmm well I didn't actually ummmm meet with ummmm we didn't talk football.

Anybody else catch him trying to make sure he doesn't get punished for breaking any offseason rules?

34 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Sorry, I meant we trade up to get Williams.  Or the bears take Daniels and we take Williams.

He never discusses Maye as an option. 

I almost want us to take Maye just to watch Bram unravel.

I still think us taking Maye is the most likely outcome. But I guess saying that doesn’t generate clicks or ‘engagement’.

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

The Morris comment about best fit for the city is a little weird. The best QB in their history was a pasty white guy who grew up in Philly and went to college in Boston. 

Mike Vick is from Philly? And WHITE??

(Hes got the best winning % of any Atlanta QB. But Ryan had a lot more games - and one less felony conviction).

4 minutes ago, MartinC said:

(Hes got the best winning % of any Atlanta QB. But Ryan had a lot more games - and one less felony conviction).

Ryan blows Vick out of the water.

By the way, Maye is a southern boy too, so he could also fit what the city of Altanta whats. But methinks Raheem was trying to appeal to the African American demographic down in the Atl.

9 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

Some of y’all writing books up in here.  Never seen so many long posts in my life.

How about kindly breaking them up into paragraphs, so that people like me with poor eye sight can scroll past them. 

It’s still gonna be Maye. 

I think we should have a day on ES where every post must be in haiku format or you get banned.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, ThatNFLChick said:

Ehhh, I think if you ask people from Atlanta which QB they were most excited about and stood the firmest behind that answer is easily Michael Vick even if Matt Ryan took them further 

Just like someone else may have won Baltimore a Super Bowl but they have not loved a QB as much as they love Lamar. The fact that Lamar looks like the largest demographic in Baltimore matters to them. Not that they wouldn't root for a white QB that was good but this kind of love is different:

People love winners.

You think Atlanta will love Fields when he's stinking up the joint, when they could have had someone like Cousins who would probably win them 10+ games?

Take the best player. The day you start letting the fans dictate your decision making, you're dunzo.

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 1

5 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I think we should have a day on ES where every post must be in haiku format or you get banned.

Passionate fans post

opinions and stats galore

debates never end

Edited by Busch1724
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

People love winners.

You think Atlanta will love Fields when he's stinking up the joint, when they could have had someone like Cousins who would probably win them 10+ games?

Take the best player. The day you start letting the fans dictate your decision making, you're dunzo.

The fans and the community are not one in the same. ( Mod edit of material that doesn't belong in this forum...see sticky thread above)

• Like 1

Just now, ThatNFLChick said:

The fans and the community are not one in the same. If a player stinks then he stinks.

But I don't think I really need to explain the nuance of being the face of a franchise/city when the city's largest demo is people of color do I? Really? And I doubt that is all that will go into the evaluation process for the Falcons but I also don't see the point in pretending like the largest demographic in Atlanta isn't Black. It is. And you want the community to come out and feel like the team and the QB of that team represents the city; the attitude, the demeanor and yes potentially the demo. 

Once you start making major decisions like who your QB should be based around anything other than the best possible player who gives you a chance to win, you've screwed up.

Dan Snyder trading Dwayne Haskins was pretty much example #1 of that. 

• Like 1