Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

18 hours ago, KDawg said:

Do you see flaws with Trevor Lawrence?

Every QB in the League has flaws. They always will. Sam is no different. Having said that, the flaw I’d like to see most corrected is the offensive line and play calling.

If Sam sinks then it’s on him. But I don’t know who would succeed behind this mess of an OL/situational playcalls. 

Whoa whoa whoa all I'm saying is that he isn't a face-value franchise QB yet. Of course we need upgrades along the OL.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Captain Wiggles said:

Jay should be going after a NCAA gig. If Lane Kiffin can be successful in a power five conference I think Gruden could as well. 

I find it crazy that Gruden can’t get an OC job some place in the NFL personally. I would 100% have had him over EB at this point. But maybe it’s time and a foggy memory that makes me feel that way 

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

12 minutes ago, TheItalianStallion said:

Whoa whoa whoa all I'm saying is that he isn't a face-value franchise QB yet. Of course we need upgrades along the OL.

of course not, he hasnt played an entire season. Still hes the best bet weve had in decades...****ing decades and some guys are like..."lets keep our options open" Yeah sure...im probably not going to be alive for the next time we hit on a qb, so **** that

• Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

11 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I find it crazy that Gruden can’t get an OC job some place in the NFL personally. I would 100% have had him over EB at this point. But maybe it’s time and a foggy memory that makes me feel that way 

Oh our offense was hummin’ at one point. Kirk, Garçon, Jackson… and Jordan Reed was an absolute monster there for a while before injuries got him.

Plus a pretty good OL anchored by Trent.

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff
  • Like 4
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Redskins 2021 said:

What do the Qb for 2025 draft look like? I think Howell deserves another year and will preform well, but if he does not what will 2025 Qb look.

Great question! looks are important! people say is what’s on the inside that counts. but, nah, screw that. Let’s be superficial!

I’m guessing they’ll be tall with short hair. Not Anthony Mix tall, mind you. Not Cole Turner tall either. I’m thinking tall as in like 6’1” to about 6’4”. 

One guy will have a great smile. He’ll be there all American qb looking mofo.

Another guy people won’t like because he runs too much. That guy will probably have the sexiest looking legs. His smile might be a little silly though. By silly, I mean like Ted Bundy style.

Another guy will have a pretty stout frame. He’ll squat a lot and have a little ba donka donk. Chicks will love it, but there will be questions about implants. 

i would say overall a good looking group. The guy that will be considered the sexiest though will be the guy that makes the most money.

Shoot, if Jason Kelce can be nominated as sexiest man alive then anyone can. You just need money out stature. Or hell, just a brother that’s dating someone even more famous will get you in to the good looks club.

I hope this helps and you find what you are looking for!!! 

looking for love in all the wrong places!

Edited by Fan since a Fetus
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Captain Wiggles said:

Yup Kapri Bibbs. It's what some claim led directly to Alex Smiths horrific injury. 

between this and the Fitzmagic water park slide hip injury cover-up, the RG3 gameday injury drama, and Theissman’s leg…the lore on QB injuries for our franchise is deep and ELITE 

meanwhile the guy we let go, Kirk, never missed a snap until he was like 37 years old. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Conn said:

between this and the Fitzmagic water park slide hip injury cover-up, the RG3 gameday injury drama, and Theissman’s leg…the lore on QB injuries for our franchise is deep and ELITE 

meanwhile the guy we let go, Kirk, never missed a snap until he was like 37 years old. 

Gus Frerotte has entered the chat... 

gus_frerotte_headbutt_lg.gif.c318941e707eabc07fa8d21945749f03.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

It would really behoove Sam to play his best football the rest of the way and maybe steal a few wins. That way, the team won’t have the opportunity to even be tempted by another QB prospect. I didn’t think so a few weeks ago but 4-13 is truly on the table and I’d imagine getting there would involve more middling/poor play from the QB spot. If we get there, all bets would be off especially with an analytically inclined front office. So it’s asking a lot but he really needs to not just be ok but he needs to play well for his sake. 

15 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

It would really behoove Sam to play his best football the rest of the way and maybe steal a few wins. That way, the team won’t have the opportunity to even be tempted by another QB prospect. I didn’t think so a few weeks ago but 4-13 is truly on the table and I’d imagine getting there would involve more middling/poor play from the QB spot. If we get there, all bets would be off especially with an analytically inclined front office. So it’s asking a lot but he really needs to not just be ok but he needs to play well for his sake. 

Of course it would be great for him to play well, but everything is stacked against that happening.

The schedule, checked out locker room, and likely more of the same dreadful gameplanning and blocking.  I fully expect it to be all downhill from here.

My only hope is he can somehow play well and we still lose.  

58 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Of course it would be great for him to play well, but everything is stacked against that happening.

The schedule, checked out locker room, and likely more of the same dreadful gameplanning and blocking.  I fully expect it to be all downhill from here.

My only hope is he can somehow play well and we still lose.  

Poor Sam Howell lol. No excuses, he must perform. I’m with you on hoping he balls out and Washington secures a top 5-10 pick. 

Checking out NFL locker rooms is often times a myth. Bad teams will continue to be bad though. Every player is focused on competing for their next paycheck and yearly incentives. 

30 minutes ago, wit33 said:

Poor Sam Howell lol. No excuses, he must perform. I’m with you on hoping he balls out and Washington secures a top 5-10 pick. 

Checking out NFL locker rooms is often times a myth. Bad teams will continue to be bad though. Every player is focused on competing for their next paycheck and yearly incentives. 

This is a bad team, and you tend to see more “business decisions” being made by guys on bad teams in December.  It’s clear that we are on the last days of this regime and that major changes are coming, giving guys even more reason to make those “business decisions”.

The team has been so bad it makes it hard for me to judge where Sam Is and what his potential could be.  This is the toughest part of the schedule coming up, so I don’t really see that changing any time soon.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome

13 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

This is a bad team, and you tend to see more “business decisions” being made by guys on bad teams in December.  It’s clear that we are on the last days of this regime and that major changes are coming, giving guys even more reason to make those “business decisions”.

There’s a select few who can do that, but 80-90% can’t afford to put on mediocre tape. 

13 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

The team has been so bad it makes it hard for me to judge where Sam Is and what his potential could be.  This is the toughest part of the schedule coming up, so I don’t really see that changing any time soon.

The defense has been consistently ineffective and BAD.

Meanwhile, the offense has shown inconsistency, performing at an average or mediocre level. The current structure allows for a fair evaluation of the players. 

Howell isn’t leaving; he’s cost-effective and has proven himself as an elite backup at the very least.

On another note, Howell’s running abilities should be consistently utilized during games. I’m disappointed with EB and his system for not focusing on this skill set. Howell visibly thrives when he’s running, showing a different level of energy.

16 minutes ago, wit33 said:

There’s a select few who can do that, but 80-90% can’t afford to put on mediocre tape. 

My point isn’t that guys are just going to go out there and lay down on the field.  The point is that the team is already bad, and now has even less motivation.  It’s very likely we see worse performances given the state of affairs and level of competition.  Also likely you see some guys opt to nurse injuries as opposed to play through them.

• Thumb up 1

6 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

My point isn’t that guys are just going to go out there and lay down on the field.  The point is that the team is already bad, and now has even less motivation.  It’s very likely we see worse performances given the state of affairs and level of competition.  Also likely you see some guys opt to nurse injuries as opposed to play through them.

My guy w/ an ear to the ground told me some dude totally opted outta a whole game last year.

Like a GAME game.

Can you believe that?

• Haha 2

Sam has to show enough that he goes into as the presumed starter.

The new regime is likely drafting a qb in. 24.  If they draft a qb in rounds 1 or 2; then it’s assumed that qb will be the eventual starter.

If they draft a qb later, that qb may compete with Sam for the job but would only get it by beating Sam outright. Otherwise they will be Sam’s backup.

So, despite the upcoming hell, Sam has to do well enough; so the new regime isn’t tempted to draft their qb in the first 2 rounds.  Sam can’t be the reason we lose the remaining games.

21 hours ago, Redskins 2021 said:

What do the Qb for 2025 draft look like? I think Howell deserves another year and will preform well, but if he does not what will 2025 Qb look.

Jalen Milroe is a guy to watch. It seems like he gets better every game. Probably a heisman front runner next season. Dude runs like Bo Jackson and is the best deep ball thrower in college. 

im all for howell next year and then evaluate from there. Also agree with drafting a guy this season, but if it doesnt work out Milroe is a guy I would move heaven and earth to draft. 

22 hours ago, FootballZombie said:

His brothers situation aint exactly helping this time around

The fact he is not seen as that good an OC isn’t helping either.   Offenses here stunk after McVay left and he didn’t exactly redeem himself in Jax.

The NFL has passed judgement on him: he’s not that good.  

The DC media is desperately trying to rehab the loser image.  So far it’s worked locally but that’s it.  

He can’t even get a national media gig.