Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington vs Ain’ts Drew Brees

TK
Message added by TK,

Screen Shot 2021-10-10 at 4.17.58 PM.png

7 minutes ago, skins4eva said:

great post. I never thought I’d see worse coaches than Blache or LeCharles McDaniel or Jim Zorn, but it appears we’ve found them…

P.S.  Was interesting to see Turner calling so many runs.  He knows he's limited.  It was good to see Gibson play well despite the injury.  Until they get Logan Thomas back the running game is going to have to be featured.  Turner is running out of bodies.  It's crazy how many players have gone down on offense.  

1 minute ago, ThomasRoane said:

P.S.  Was interesting to see Turner calling so many runs.  He knows he's limited.  It was good to see Gibson play well despite the injury.  Until they get Logan Thomas back the running game is going to have to be featured.  Turner is running out of bodies.  It's crazy how many players have gone down on offense.  

I dont really find fault with Turners playcalling today. He ran it plenty to try to maintain balance and receivers were getting open. Tough job with so many injuries.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Between that and the players expecting a FG, it seems no one on the defense entertained the notion that a Hail Mary was even possible.

It’s a class filled with Josh Rosens. Lots of alleged potential but never the numbers or success to back it up.

Agreed.  And let's be honest.  This team still needs a lot more talent.  They are not a QB away from playing for an NFC championship.  Much less a Super Bowl! 

The only QB I like is Caleb Williams from Oklahoma but I don't want to see the WFT draft another one year wonder.  Plus, nobody plays defense in the Big 12 so it's all relative.  We'd need to see what he could do vs some SEC powerhouses.  Other than that, the QB class for the upcoming year is very meh.

Ride the #4 car as far as you can to keep the team worth watching.  But this team needs at least another draft or two.  Let's call it like it is.  They struck out in free agency.  Samuels may as well be shut down for the year.  Comparing WJ III to Lattimore it looks like we were fleeced.  AGAIN!  

12 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

They are feeling good, do they realize the Saints passing offense was struggiling headed to today's game.  They weren't up against Mahomes, that's next week.  Good luck if they have some "communication issues" next Sunday.  

Man, I reeeeaaaaally don't want myself to get to the point of rooting against our own bunch of overconfident aholes, but we're getting awfully close...

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ThomasRoane said:

Turner doesn’t have any sense of rhythm as a play caller. You see it most glaringly down near the goal line. We constantly have mediocre to awful coaching. And we let guys like Mcvay walk. The fruits of awful ownership continue to blossom. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I dont really find fault with Turners playcalling today. He ran it plenty to try to maintain balance and receivers were getting open. Tough job with so many injuries.

Same, my son and I were both talking about it.  He knew when Samuels went down that it was gonna be tough sledding.  I've been asking for more runs all along.  Keep the defense off the field and keep TH out of third and long.  So he can use his feet if necessary.  Good play calling.  Just not much to work with.  Although Milne looks like he might develop into a Kupp type of player.  He's not exceptionally fast but good route runner and really good hands.  TH missed him in the back of the endzone.  

20 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I like Strong, Morgan, Nix, Purdy and Clifford as possible first rounders as well. But there is a ton of college football left. And that will all sort itself out. There is definitely no Manning in this upcoming draft. But their might be 5 or 6 Staffords. 

None of them are first rounders. Strong... maybe. The rest? Not going to happen unless they literally change the way they play the rest of the way. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Captain James said:

Man, I reeeeaaaaally don't want myself to get to the point of rooting against our own bunch of overconfident aholes, but we're getting awfully close...

This defense was so much more fun to watch last year.  I wonder what (who) could be the difference? 😛 

Just now, KDawg said:

None of them are first rounders. Strong... maybe. The rest? Not going to happen unless they literally change the way they play the rest of the way. 

There is still 2/3rds of the season left. And I disagree. We will see I guess. I like Clifford a lot. But I am a PSU alum so kind of biased. Plus he got hurt this week so who knows.

Just now, PartyPosse said:

Ronald Darby?

Collins being on the field.  But yeah, think of how much money they could have saved and had better play from Darby than WJ III.  The chemistry is all wrong now.  If #20 is still on the field next week then they have no hope for righting the ship.  

2 minutes ago, ThomasRoane said:

Collins being on the field.  But yeah, think of how much money they could have saved and had better play from Darby than WJ III.  The chemistry is all wrong now.  If #20 is still on the field next week then they have no hope for righting the ship.  

20 or 26?

3 minutes ago, ThomasRoane said:

Collins being on the field.  But yeah, think of how much money they could have saved and had better play from Darby than WJ III.  The chemistry is all wrong now.  If #26 is still on the field next week then they have no hope for righting the ship.  

Just now, PartyPosse said:

20 or 26?

Grr, 26.  I had a WFT defense moment.

9 minutes ago, SemperFi Skins said:

Parsons = gamechanger. 

young = one hit wonder

I was desperately hoping they would make a deal with Cincy and get Joe Burrow.  He's special.  

1 hour ago, PartyPosse said:

Just means he’s not learning lessons.

Huh, all the years I’ve been watching the NFL and this is the first time I’ve heard/seen someone disagree with the idea that qbs need to have a short memory (ie. putting bad plays behind them).  That’s… an interesting take.

40 minutes ago, ThomasRoane said:

This loss was 100% on the defense.

C’mon man.

The defense made more plays this week than all season and set the offense up nicely a few times.  Heineke also put them in a very bad spot.

Were they bad? Absolutely.  Do they still have the same issues they had coming in? Sure.  We’re they helped at times by Winstons dreadful accuracy? Yup.

But the WFT won the time of possession 36-24 and the margin was larger than that until the end of the game.

The reversal of points from Heinekes two turnovers was 10-14.

• Like 1