Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington at The ATL Birds That Need A Bath Team

TK
Message added by TK,

1375467994_ScreenShot2021-10-03at4_25_38PM.thumb.png.d8354ef598aff9fab283fcbf28b084e4.png

6 minutes ago, Redd said:

I like Taylor's decision making but he's waiting to long to make his throws and he doesn't have the arm to make up for it. Get it out faster and he should be fine.

Thank you Mark Sanchez for the insightful commentary telling someone playing well what they should be doing instead, that you cant do.

There are ballers, and then there is TH.

• Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Peregrine said:

Thank you Mark Sanchez for the insightful commentary telling someone playing well what they should be doing instead, that you cant do.

There are ballers, and then there is TH.

He's putting up ducks and you know it.  Almost interceptions and our receivers are batting them away.  Lucky.

11 minutes ago, Redd said:

I like Taylor's decision making but he's waiting to long to make his throws and he doesn't have the arm to make up for it. Get it out faster and he should be fine.

Wouldn't that be the ATL D was not letting our WR get open and he had to wait. Kudos to our OL for giving him that chance to sit in the pocket longer. 

My final thoughts:

Heineke might not be physically gifted but the guy has guts and plays with emotion. Was happy to see him so pumped after the TD

We need to get JD more involved in the offense. He was huge for us last season. And was huge today.

This was a costly win. We lost a ton of players today. Hopefully most of the injuries are minor. 

This defense is abysmal. And with the talent and investment in draft picks this team has made it is unacceptable. 

Hopkins needs to go tomorrow. There is no way anyone can have faith in him going forward. 

With Bostic going down it is time to see Davis either sink or swim. 

• Like 7

Just now, clskinsfan said:

My final thoughts:

Heineke might not be physically gifted but the guy has guts and plays with emotion. Was happy to see him so pumped after the TD

We need to get JD more involved in the offense. He was huge for us last season. And was huge today.

This was a costly win. We lost a ton of players today. Hopefully most of the injuries are minor. 

This defense is abysmal. And with the talent and investment in draft picks this team has made it is unacceptable. 

Hopkins needs to go tomorrow. There is no way anyone can have faith in him going forward. 

With Bostic going down it is time to see Davis either sink or swim. 

most of them seemed minor...my eyes are homers but i believe them

• Like 1

There’s been nothing enjoyable (outside a couple play/players) about watching this team play this season. We look like an unorganized, poorly coached mess. 

Now I go out to watch the games, because at least some of the other games are competitive. 

I had this team penciled in for a losing season because of the schedule, but I thought we were building towards something. This team gives poor effort, has no identity, and looks as far away from being consistently competitive as they ever have. What a ****show. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, dunfer said:

why is sanchez an announcer and so anti washington. Cooley knows more about the qb postion than him and is much more enjoyable to listen to

I noticed that as well....all game. There must have been some bad feelings during his very brief stint here. His commentary was blatantly slanted against us. It was so bad I considered muting the sound a few times.

1 minute ago, VeroViper said:

I noticed that as well....all game. There must have been some bad feelings during his very brief stint here. His commentary was blatantly slanted against us. It was so bad I considered muting the sound a few times.

He was only here a week! How in the world can he get bad feelings from 6 days of being on the team?? Sounds odd. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, VeroViper said:

There must have been some bad feelings during his very brief stint here. His commentary was blatantly slanted against us. It was so bad I considered muting the sound a few times.

Dude got lambasted by fans after being forced in mid-game due to injury when he was with the squad for less than a week. We couldn't run much more than screens and Sanchez looked horrible as a result. While he has sucked everywhere else, his play here was not his fault but fans pinned it all on him.

There was no way for matt to know the playbook, but fans didn't care. I wouldn't be surprised if he felt a bit of animosity towards us.

Honestly, he was kind of used as a scapegoat

Edited by FootballZombie

6 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

This team gives poor effort, has no identity, and looks as far away from being consistently competitive as they ever have. What a ****show. 

This team is opposite of everything you mentioned, bit I take special offense to the effort part.We lose this game in years past, but they kept on chopping wood.  It's not pretty,but your assessment is pure booty meat.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1