Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington at The Third Forgotten NY Football Team

TK

2 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

What could that issue be though? Defense not playing hard enough as a way of saying “**** you” to rivera for his comments back in late July/early August? 

Pure speculation but yes, this would NOT be the first time the players start a power struggle with the HC.

I really hope it's not the case, but man the D stinks. If there's something related to the vax issue, the local press will pick it up sooner or later.

3 hours ago, zskins said:

Are you saying players who got the vaccine has messed up their bodies from performing at the top level?

No. In July Rivera made some pretty strong comments against unnamed players that opted not to get the vax.

This could be their way of protesting.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Rivera doesn't say that "what do you do next week" quote if the next team isn't the Falcons. He knows they're going to look better than this week so it's a safe quote. The reality is, they're probably still going to look bad, but not as bad due to the talent difference between the Bills and Falcons. 

The coaching staff still doesn't think there's an actual problem with the defense and it's annoying. 

As it stands now...Matt Ryan is going to rip us a new asshole.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

44 minutes ago, No Nonsense said:

Our best option is to try to make a trade for Deshaun Watson. I hear that their asking price has lowered. 

No way that will happen, the front office has a no tolerance policy for sexual harassers, they'd never embrace a player with such a cloud of accusers over his head...

Hold please

Watson incoming... Snyder claims, "it just hasn't felt like home since Larry Michael left, but we are confident that Deshaun can help fill those shoes"

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Idaho fan said:

Do you think they would care?  I assume they know how bad they have been so I’m starting to wonder if they care.  

I honestly don't know, but any real competitor would care. They talked like they wanted to be great so I'd hope they'd have some pride about it.

2 hours ago, Dissident2 said:

Fanatical, lol. The dude is reveling in his riches while literally making no impact on the field that's even remotely worthy of what we've invested in him so far. Good for him for making money. But he hasn't earned the right at this point to rub that in people's faces as if he's proven something. This is his SECOND YEAR in the league, ffs, and he acts like he deserves the accolades of a proven 5-time all-pro. He's been utter mediocrity this year so far, and that's being kind. Skipping out on involuntary OTAs was the first red flag. Three games with basically ZERO impact in what's shaping up to be a historically bad defense is not helping. 

You’re waaaaay too emotionally charged right now.

Preston Smith has has more pressures tonight than our formerly highly regarded DE's have all year, or damn close. It is pathetic. It seems we got a bit full of ourselves by squeaking into the playoffs last year. It is frankly embarrassing to be a fan, yet again. Groundhog Day.  We are just a bad organization. We lament Stafford, or any big free agent signing elsewhere, but why on God's green earth would ANYONE of note sign here? I don't blame them one little bit. Dan has created a mess we will have a difficult time ever crawling out of. Worst owner of a franchise I can ever recall, that basically ruined it all. A cancer, and at this point it feels terminal. Just bad, from any viewpoint. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 3
  • Thumb up 1

9 hours ago, Riggo'sRangers said:

Preston Smith has has more pressures tonight than our formerly highly regarded DE's have all year, or damn close. It is pathetic. It seems we got a bit full of ourselves by squeaking into the playoffs last year. It is frankly embarrassing to be a fan, yet again. Groundhog Day.  We are just a bad organization. We lament Stafford, or any big free agent signing elsewhere, but why on God's green earth would ANYONE of note sign here? I don't blame them one little bit. Dan has created a mess we will have a difficult time ever crawling out of. Worst owner of a franchise I can ever recall, that basically ruined it all. A cancer, and at this point it feels terminal. Just bad, from any viewpoint. 

The brutal, honest truth right here. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Riggo'sRangers said:

Not just the “why wouldn’t they sign here” but also the “media is showing us no respect in the rankings”.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, dyst said:

but also the “media is showing us no respect in the rankings”.

This narrative goes well beyond this past offseason though.  Our fanbase is notorious for whining about the media.  You'd think the WaPo was responsible for the teams pathetic results.  On the list of who is responsible for our ineptitude via the average fan it goes something like:  WaPo, Mara, Refs, and then we get to Dan and whoever is the head coach.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

This narrative goes well beyond this past offseason though.  Our fanbase is notorious for whining about the media.  You'd think the WaPo was responsible for the teams pathetic results.  On the list of who is responsible for our ineptitude via the average fan it goes something like:  WaPo, Mara, Refs, and then we get to Dan and whoever is the head coach.

Ah yes, we’d probably win the last 3 Superbowls at a minimum if the refs weren’t against us.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

At least we looked a lot better than the Bears. :ols:

And the Jets but yea we’re definitely more on their tier than the upper echelons of teams. Poor Jets fans thinking Zach would save them especially after how good he looked in preseason. 

• Like 1