Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington at The Third Forgotten NY Football Team

TK

Just now, Florgon79 said:

Now comes the time of the week I root for Sean McVay and what could have been.

I think about it all the time. ALL the time. All for keeping…the clown Jay Gruden who doesn’t even have a coordinating job in the league right now. 

• Sad 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, spjunkies said:

WTF is the deal with 980 not streaming the game or post game show?

I don't know.  Very frustrating also, because Atlantic Broadband no longer carries NBC Sports Washington either.  I have no means of watching postgame now unless I re-subscribe to Hulu or Sling for local TV which I do not want to do.    

• Like 1

Just now, dyst said:

Can’t disagree. He’s fine but has not been what a #2 should be.

It’s like tomlin said,” I don’t ever want to lose enough ga,es to get a guy that looks like you.”  The problem is there is so much expectation for these top picks and when they don’t live up the the hype it’s devastating.

Rivera just said that "when you play long enough in the league, you will get beat like this. What matters is how we come back next week. That's the true test of our character." 

That's some clueless **** right there, Ron. Seen way, way, WAY too many of these, "Let's see how we respond next week" post-game pressers to buy into that nonsense. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

So did Cincy screw up as well?

What do you mean? Because they took Burrow and not Herbert? That’s not the point…the point is it appeared this team was taking CY the moment they locked up the #2 pick. Due diligence and better talent eval would have made Herbert the pick for a team with the need for a “franchise qb”. 

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

3) he has to realize he hasn’t arrived yet and has focus.

Agreed. His expectations and some flashes last year caused the NFL to anoint him a superstar, and now he's in commercials, and being hyped by the networks, and is the face of the franchise, but clearly doesn't deserve any of this yet.   

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

21 minutes ago, Dissident2 said:

Dude, if you've been with the team as long as we have, you have to realize by now that there IS no rock bottom. It's just an endless, flailing descent into the bottomless abyss. Enjoy!

well, there is… Hell.

but Bruceifer and the Prince of Dimness reign supreme down there

1 minute ago, Dissident2 said:

Rivera just said that "when you play long enough in the league, you will get beat like this. What matters is how we come back next week. That's the true test of our character." 

That's some clueless **** right there, Ron. Seen way, way, WAY too many of these, "Let's see how we respond next week" post-game pressers to buy into that nonsense. 

What do you want him to say? If he says, “we’re awful” the team gives up completely and there’s no hope.

I don’t know that we can turn it around, but why bury yourself with the media? That belongs behind closed doors.

• Like 1

Did the defense just give up? Chase Young is not a bust but I saw him handled by a single lineman. I can understand once in awhile but it seems like offenses are not respecting the defense and the defense is fine with that. What happened between last year and this year?

Did the defense buy into their own hype? Very disappointed.

3 minutes ago, GhostofAlvinWalton said:

What do you mean? Because they took Burrow and not Herbert? That’s not the point…the point is it appeared this team was taking CY the moment they locked up the #2 pick. Due diligence and better talent eval would have made Herbert the pick for a team with the need for a “franchise qb”. 

They had just drafted a “franchise “ qb the prior year…….

I blew up Jay for this, so I’m going to blow up Ron for it also: They dudnt take the opportunities given to them in the pre-season to mesh as a team.  I just listened to Ron’s presser, and he kept saying they need to work as a tram, they have young guys, etc.

Well, the way you figure out how much your team knows and how they are translating it is by playing them more in the preseason. They didn’t take the opportunity and now they’re all out of sorts.  

To me, more concerning than the DL or the LB is the secondary.  Because we knew the LBs stunk, and the DL seems to be more individual effort stuff.

But somehow in the off season, they totally broke the secondary.  This is mid-tenure Barry/Manusky stuff we’re seeing with big soft zones and players covering grass.  And it wasn’t that way last year.  Whatever they did in the off season completely broke the unit.  And they’ve got to put it back together again.  

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, Florgon79 said:

It’s like tomlin said,” I don’t ever want to lose enough ga,es to get a guy that looks like you.”  The problem is there is so much expectation for these top picks and when they don’t live up the the hype it’s devastating.

It’s why I always kinda laugh when people say teams are game planning against us and using quick throws. As if teams don’t game-plan against Aaron Donald, JJ Watt, Myles Garret, Chandler Jones etc.