Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington at The Third Forgotten NY Football Team

TK

Just now, KDawg said:

I said it in the draft thread at the time so it ain’t hindsight… and I’m not paying attention to other games right now at all… But we could have traded up for Fields. But we rolled with awful linebackers in FA and signed Fitz to a 10M deal (which… fine… we needed a guy). But we really made some big mistakes.

Lol I’ve seen posts here declaring Fields a bust and I’ve seen posts here saying we should have drafted him. I love this place.

Just now, NoCalMike said:

Everyone is blaming Chase Young because he isn't putting up all world stats but watch the actual film.  He is penetrating the pocket on a ton of plays, but there is no other defender around to compliment his efforts so all Allen has to do is run in opposite direction of Young and it is easy wide open field to work with.  I am not saying Young doesn't have things to work on, he does, but he is beating his blockers routinely.

No clue what you are watching but Payne has been blowing up the line all day. Allen is getting back there too. Chase has just stood there on plays to the other side. JUST STOOD THERE. 3 games. Nothing.

• Sad 1
  • Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, DefinitelyMaybe said:

Howell

Rattler

Willis

Who are you choosing? Take your pick 

Rattler isn’t it, and there’s more choices opening up now. Long season ahead but yeah this is what I’ll be focused on for the next 8 months. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PartyPosse said:

Lol I’ve seen posts here declaring Fields a bust and I’ve seen posts here saying we should have drafted him. I love this place.

I didn’t declare him a bust… so what does that have to do with my opinion? I’ll recall that next time you have an opinion opposite of others and post the same :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Everyone is blaming Chase Young because he isn't putting up all world stats but watch the actual film.  He is penetrating the pocket on a ton of plays, but there is no other defender around to compliment his efforts so all Allen has to do is run in opposite direction of Young and it is easy wide open field to work with.  I am not saying Young doesn't have things to work on, he does, but he is beating his blockers routinely.

Can I get the alternate reality feed you’re watching? The part of the multiverse I’m stuck in has something different happening (for 3 weeks now). 

2 minutes ago, zskins said:

It doesn't matter. It is like your knee hitting the ground before crossing the goal line. Same rule here. 

With all due respect, you apparently don’t know what the **** you’re talking about. A runner in the NFL could fall to his knees at the 20 yard line and crawl into the end zone for a TD as long as no defender touches him. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Koolblue13 said:

No clue what you are watching but Payne has been blowing up the line all day. Allen is getting back there too. Chase has just stood there on plays to the other side. JUST STOOD THERE. 3 games. Nothing.

Well just 1 example since it is probably more fresh in our minds.  On the Josh Allen TD run, Chase Young blows up the play, beating his blocker, and Josh Allen sees it and runs around the penetration.  Where is the outside containment by any linebacker or safety, who are supposed to recognize what is going on and come help.  These athletic QB's are going to beat defenders 1 on 1, that is just how it is.