Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All things defense

ThomasRoane

Its so odd. Presnap we never do simulated pressure to create chaos. Yet still our DBs look confused in a static approach while WRs are wide open. Deep. 

I could see simulated pressure leading to defensive confusion scrambling back to get into their zone. We create our own chaos when in our static base D. You almost can't make this stuff up.

Edited by RandyHolt

32 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Jamin Davis to IR. They need to decide whether or not to exercise his fifth year option.

I would think that there is little chance they exercise it.  Because LB's include some edge rushers, things like the franchise tag and fifth year option are higher than you would expect.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, philibusters said:

I would think that there is little chance they exercise it.  Because LB's include some edge rushers, things like the franchise tag and fifth year option are higher than you would expect.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, his legal troubles are not fully behind him yet.  The judge rejected the plea deal, and then rejected it again, and they were getting together after the season if I remember correctly.  

Also, he's not that good.

16 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Listening to Logan Paulsen who watched the All 22, loves Quan Martin.  He thinks he's coming on strong as the season progresses.  All over the field, plays with passion.

Did he say whether he is a FS?

I haven't watched the last couple of games.

Quan looks lost to me. Slightly less than Forbes. Paulsen is probably paid to say nice things. Quan may be playing better but we don't even know what position he plays. Seems like he is playing corner more often than not but can't recall more than a 2-3 nice plays from him. This entire year. Its gotta be the scheme but after watching the games will the new regime even dig thru the old schemes play calls to find fault, or just say F it and cut him for not showing nearly enough for his draft slot. He failed to meet reasonable expectations by wide margin IMO.

Will we be the first defense to surrender 6000 yards? Or soonest...

Edited by RandyHolt
  • Thumb down 1

Teams don’t just cut 2nd round picks going into the second year of their rookie contracts, absent off-field issues. That’s absurd, he’ll get a look. The suggestion that a new regime doing a totally normal and expected internal scouting inventory wouldn’t watch this year’s tape, no matter how bad the scheme and playcalling were, is funny. Come on. 

• Like 3

Rewatching the games both Logan Paulsen and Keim seem high on Quan Martin and suggest right now he's the best player from that draft.

On 12/27/2023 at 4:49 PM, Silvernon said:

Did he say whether he is a FS?

I haven't watched the last couple of games.

sorry just catching this.  Nope.  I know he's played nickle.  Seen some blitzes.  PFF lists him based on their grading as a nickle CB.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Rewatching the games both Logan Paulsen and Keim seem high on Quan Martin and suggest right now he's the best player from that draft.

That's good to hear.  However, as we know, the bar is not very high for that draft.

:229:The Rook

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Rook said:

That's good to hear.  However, as we know, the bar is not very high for that draft.

:229:The Rook

I hear you on that but their take wasn't the best of a bad lot.  They think he's emerging.  I admit i am a bit biased since he was a dude I liked before that draft.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

sorry just catching this.  Nope.  I know he's played nickle.  Seen some blitzes.  PFF lists him based on their grading as a nickle CB.

I heard that from Keim as well. Keim was pointing out that Quan has not made highlight type of plays so far. I think that with his freakish athleticism and physicality, it will come in a better scheme with a more creative DC

13 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I hear you on that but their take wasn't the best of a bad lot.  They think he's emerging.  I admit i am a bit biased since he was a dude I liked before that draft.

Rodriguez feels like our best player from that draft, but I think Quan will end up being good too.  I've still got hope for Forbes too, and think he has a chance to bounce back with better coaching and scheming.

I'm also not giving up on Daniels yet either.  He was a late round favorite of mine even though I think we drafted him too early.  I like him better than Paul and Charles and I'm kind of eyeballing him for the LG job somewhere down the road when he gets strong enough to start.  I think he also has some swing tackle potential because of his speed.

Speaking of Paul, he was a disaster at guard, and I'm wondering why we don't try him at his natural RT position?  That's where I always felt he was best suited.