Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Attendance

SkinsFan_07

I went to the Rams Bucs game at the new SoFi Stadium yesterday and it’s such an impressive venue. Hopefully the new stadium is on that level. Rams fans and Southern California fans in general are not very loud but the acoustics of the stadium made it crazy loud with minimal effort from the fans. They had all the morning games on the massive video ring that has video on the inside and outside of the ring. I watched most of  our game against Buffalo on it then mid 3rd quarter they switched to in stadium programming and watched the rest on my phone. 

I think FedEx is getting too if it hasn’t already but Verizon has a 5g partnership with the nfl. I was able to get 2.2 gig download speed in the middle of the game with a packed stadium full of people. They also have a feature where you get every angle of the cameras in real time on the team app. Zero delay and you can watch any of the 8 cameras or all of them as the same time. It was super cool.

C5968479-00FB-4547-AE68-70637E8E5EEC.jpeg

F0833030-3AFE-4442-A097-FB65E40210F7.jpeg

6F1795CF-2E6A-426A-A814-B658673E3E15.png

• Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

So Cal, what level in SoFi were you in yesterday? The facility and the scoreboard look very impressive, but in pictures and on TV that upper level appears pretty high up in relation to the field. I look at Allegiant in Vegas as more of a model of what a new Skins stadium should be like, and considering we've been drawing 50K, even that might be too big lol

Edited by hail2skins
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

So Cal, what level in SoFi were you in yesterday? The facility and the scoreboard look very impressive, but in pictures and on TV that upper level appears pretty high up in relation to the field. I look at Allegiant in Vegas as more of a model of what a new Skins stadium should be like, and considering we've been drawing 50K, even that might be too big lol

That what I’m thinking. They’re not building a $5B stadium like that in DC or any other cold weather city. But wherever they build it, there needs to be an opening like Allegiant Stadium that shows the DC skyline. 

4 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

I was on the 400 level. 50 yard line row 1. There is also a 500 level. My buddy was a Patriots fan now is a Tom Brady fan and got the tickets so I went with him. He paid 2 grand for 4 seats for the game. No idea what face value is because it was digital without a price but there was demand because of the Brady bandwagon fans and it being brand new stadium. Upper level is very high up. They have so many suites that the upper level is high up from the field more than any stadium I have been to. But you enter the stadium at the suite level. The lower bowl is below ground. So to go up is not a huge trek. 

I’m going to Allegiant to boo the Eagles in October and to see Washington in December. My brother has season tickets there. Looking forward to checking it out. 

29 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

A renovated fedex is all Dan will get.

After the failure of the Rivera era; there will even fewer fans.

He will never get the PSLs other stadiums are getting. It’s just not reality. There isn’t much appetite for public financing either. It might not be a worse investment than Johnny Rockets or Six Flags or the production company he started with Tom Cruise for him to take on the debt, but his recoup of investment time will be pretty long. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, SoCalSkins said:

He will never get the PSLs other stadiums are getting. It’s just not reality. There isn’t much appetite for public financing either. It might not be a worse investment than Johnny Rockets or Six Flags or the production company he started with Tom Cruise for him to take on the debt, but his recoup of investment time will be pretty long. 

The Rivera era is currently trending to be another failed era; so Dan will lose more fans.   PSLs, isn't happening because there aren't enough fans, that will purchase though to fund a stadium.  As for taxpayer funding, that isn't happening either.

The best Dan can hope for is some renovation of FedEx.

18 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

The Rivera era is currently trending to be another failed era; so Dan will lose more fans.   PSLs, isn't happening because there aren't enough fans, that will purchase though to fund a stadium.  As for taxpayer funding, that isn't happening either.

He can finance it himself. Debt is pretty cheap right now. NFL is a cash cow no matter how much he screws it up he will still make money and increase valuation by simply existing. 

22 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

I really hope not. RFK is slated to be demolished next year (was supposed to be this year originally) and I hope the clearing of that area can generate some momentum towards building something at that location.

At least a new stadium will provide this ownership a chance to deliver a fresh experience to the fans at varying levels.  I was looking at a Vegas-themed message board yesterday and someone was posting pics of a suite they were in at Allegiant and the presentation looked so high end.  I can't imagine the Skins deliver anything close to that in the suites at FedEx. In recent years the team has had the gall to try to charge $100 for some pathetic buffet on the club level. It is so insulting.

Edited by hail2skins

6 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

He can finance it himself. Debt is pretty cheap right now. NFL is a cash cow no matter how much he screws it up he will still make money and increase valuation by simply existing. 

Dan had to get an exception from the NFL to let him take more debt, to buy out those co-owners.  A new stadium in DC is going cost 2-3 Billion. Dan won't be able to finance that much debt.

10 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Dan had to get an exception from the NFL to let him take more debt, to buy out those co-owners.  A new stadium in DC is going cost 2-3 Billion. Dan won't be able to finance that much debt.

The NFL would allow him to do so. A new stadium is investment that benefits the entire NFL not just the team. Having a Super Bowl in DC would be an event they would support once as well.

My friend invited me to go with him to the 49ers vs. Texans game January 2nd.  Now I don't make a habit of missing WFT games regardless of how bad they are.  I think in the last 20ish years the only game I remember missing in full was due to my wifes best friend's wedding.  The 49ers stadium is one of the nicest there is currently and the gameday experience there is amazing. (Same parking lot as Great America theme park)  They have these tailgate buffet all you can eat & drink packages that he said tickets would be purchased for and he is pretty sure they show all the games on the screens in that area. I looked at the schedule and it appears Washington will be playing Philly that week at 10am, which means if I do go, I could likely watch the game at the tailgate party thing.  

I am pretty tempted to just say yes.

55 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

My friend invited me to go with him to the 49ers vs. Texans game January 2nd.  Now I don't make a habit of missing WFT games regardless of how bad they are.  I think in the last 20ish years the only game I remember missing in full was due to my wifes best friend's wedding.  The 49ers stadium is one of the nicest there is currently and the gameday experience there is amazing. (Same parking lot as Great America theme park)  They have these tailgate buffet all you can eat & drink packages that he said tickets would be purchased for and he is pretty sure they show all the games on the screens in that area. I looked at the schedule and it appears Washington will be playing Philly that week at 10am, which means if I do go, I could likely watch the game at the tailgate party thing.  

Do it. 

I find myself becoming more interested in the sport as a whole as I get older. Football and all the rituals around it are just cool and fun. Just not here. Going to other stadiums is one of my favorite things. Recently got to see the Texans play the Bucs in the preseason during my Houston trip. Amazing stadium. 

12 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

Go for sure. All the stadiums have fast internet now as well. You can stream the game on your phone as well. I took my iPad with me to have a bigger screen last week and didn’t need it. They had the game on. They will cut it off usually 45 minutes before kickoff so you might have to catch the end on your phone but in the vip tailgate they might leave the games on. 

• Like 1

I have a suggestion for the team. Give tickets and parking passes away to fans. And if people paid for tickets and parking passes already, when they show up in WFT gear, reimburse them. Opposing fans should get nothing, obviously. This would have to be a grassroots effort going to supermarkets or other public places to promote the program so people can't just sign up online. At the very least you can make some extra money on concessions. At worst you wasted some weeks trying to entice people to show up. Best case scenario you actually get what appears to be a home team crowd for the home team.