Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread: Preseason 2021 - Football Team vs. Ravens

zCommander

Does this horrible showing affect how our players come out of the gate against the Chargers? Will we be out to redeem ourselves, or will the hangover continue? My guess, if Chase Young has anything to do with it, we will be playing with something to prove. I certainly hope so.

1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

love you Yoda. But how are you attcking your oppenents weaknesses when half the guys they are facing wont be in the league next week. I actually love Harbaugh as a HC. But he didnt face JDR in a real game.

They could have at least pretended to prepare for a mobile QB this week lol. It's the same issue we've had for years. With Jackson and Huntley it's likely you're facing a QB that can move.

Edited by Burgundy Yoda
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

JDR doesn't maximize talent by running a good scheme to put players into good positions to succeed. I just don't feel like these coordinators are the geniuses you want calling plays. 

None of these guys use analytics properly or even at all on our staff. The Ravens are a highly analytical team and figure out how to attack a weakness and they know what works and what doesn't. 

I thought Turner was supposed to be an analytics guy.  I thought that was one of the reasons they hired him.  I honestly don't know but I thought that was touted as one of his strengths when he was hired.  

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

If it were me I would keep Milne, I would like to keep both but I presume that isn’t happening.  I am guessing though they keep AGG.

Kinda what I'm thinking as well. Mainly because of AGG's draft position being where it was.

• Like 3

Just now, Long Time Fan said:

I thought Turner was supposed to be an analytics guy.  I thought that was one of the reasons they hired him.  I honestly don't know but I thought that was touted as one of his strengths when he was hired.  

I remember reading that we were the team that used analytics the least lol. 

5 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

Agreed.

Playing his starters and second stringers against a bunch of scrubs that are just trying to make an impression and running up the scoreboard on them, just feel like a big man.

Pathetic.

This doesn’t have anything to do with the Ravens. They play just like this ALL THE TIME. 

we on the other hand seem to only be able to evaluate our players while they’re getting their asses handed to them.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Cool. Well we’re still rostering three QBs then with Minshew. So who we cutting cuz we’re not carrying three vets.

Fitz is a vet. I hardly call Taylor or Allen a vet. These guys are journeyman. Allen has no upside. Minshew may not either but he is younger and has produced more than either of our backups.

A couple people have suggested this already, but the play tonight has me convinced they’re right. 

2 QBs on the roster. Allen or Montez on the PS. If someone offers a conditional for Allen… take it. 

If we lose Fitz and Heinike neither of those two can pick up the slack anyway. 

1 minute ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

I remember reading that we were the team that used analytics the least lol. 

Historically yes.  And it showed.  I thought Turner was brought in as a part of an effort to correct that.  But who knows.  Like I said - the jury is still out on him.  

Typical….I knew this season was over when the sports talk people started picking this team to compete for a playoff spot….this “football team” is as lost as its name represents. No passion, no buy in, no history, no name, no nothing….absolutely sucks to be at this point where the only joy I get out of this team is winning a bet a placed against them. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1