Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread: 2021 Preseason - Washington Football Team vs Cincinnati Bengals

TheShredder
Message added by TK,

image.thumb.png.f8666962f6009cd82a72d56f2b9cd3a7.png

19 minutes ago, Borgold said:

Really nice defensive effort. Really uneven, sloppy offensive effort. Might actually mirror what we see in the regular season.

Captain Obvious statement: I think Patterson made himself a roster lock tonight.

This is an 8 win team; we aren’t going beyond that and we aren’t going to the playoffs and Ron will enter 22 on the hot seat, if he doesn’t have a long term franchise QB on the roster.

• Haha 2
  • Thumb down 1

4 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

This is an 8 win team; we aren’t going beyond that and we aren’t going to the playoffs and Ron will enter 22 on the hot seat, if he doesn’t have a long term franchise QB on the roster.

Ron would have to be caught signalling plays to division rivals to lose on purpose for gambling to be on a hot seat in the next few years

• Like 5

48 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

Yeah, Lombardi (whom Bill Belichek is tight with) said that the Pats were really interested in Kyle Allen before we traded for him.

To me, Kyle Allen looked very good....comfortable and confident. His 2 point pass to AGG was great. I think our front office did a tremendous job stabilizing a fluid QB room in the offseason. 

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

8 wins probably gets us in the playoffs with this division, just sayin

18 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

It’s preseason.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Dissident2 said:

What in the world is going on with that “cheerleader” squad?? Looks absolutely horrible, like a bunch of sorority Hooters girls just randomly dancing. Looks like amateur hour. 

Oh....it's much worse live. They're indescribably bad.  Dudes hopping around, doing backflips, hand springs, and one guy gyrating around with some type of contorsionist, dislocated shoulder thing going on, with the rest of the merry troupe hopping and dancing around in random, herky jerky movements.

It was awkward and just sad to watch.

1 hour ago, kingdaddy said:

Ha,ha....any word on our band? Do we still have one? What do they play? 

No band.

Just a handful of drummers/percussionists playing in a disjointed manner. They stuck them in a small area, near section 309 in the clubs.  They suck. 

They're so pathetic, that I'm embarrassed for them.  Seriously.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

Oh....it's much worse live. They're indescribably bad.  Dudes hopping around, doing backflips, hand springs, and one guy gyrating around with some type of contorsionist, dislocated shoulder thing going on, with the rest of the merry troupe hopping and dancing around in random, herky jerky movements.

It was awkward and just sad to watch.

No band.

Just a handful of drummers/percussionists playing in a disjointed manner. They stuck them in a small area, near section 309 in the clubs.  They suck. 

They're so pathetic, that I'm embarrassed for them.  Seriously.  

Counldnt have said it better myself. The new dance squad is terrible. The drum line looks like like it was forced to be there just to keep something from the band

• Like 1

Its pretty sad how some of you are predicting the worse after 2 meaningless preseason games. Fitz will be solid, he just needs to limit mistakes. Our recipe for winning will be fairly similar to last year. Strong run game and defense with hopefully a top 15 offense. 

Paterson is making the team and Barber is gone. We will only carry 3 running backs and 3 qbs so we can carry 7 wideouts.  Did you see the backup qbs for Cincy? For those who want to cut or put Allen on PS,  don’t you think Allen would easily be #2 on that team. 

I thought Forest was a lock but I think he is headed to PS. Did anyone see how bad he was on the fake toss bootleg where he didn’t even notice the qb had the ball and literally chased down the rb for 10 yards? He looks like a rookie. I think we keep 4 safeties so we can keep 6 corners. 

I like Milnes upside but Carter is making the team as our punt returner. Milne may make the team but that means AGG is headed to PS which I don’t believe will happen. 

1 hour ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Just took a lyft from the stadium and my driver has a sister that went to high school with Patterson, and Patterson was always at their house. Small world 

That last part is, a good thing for Patterson

1 hour ago, Anselmheifer said:

How was Chase Young tonight?

1 hour ago, just654 said:

Counldnt have said it better myself. The new dance squad is terrible. The drum line looks like like it was forced to be there just to keep something from the band

Chase Young was actually the best 'cheerleader' on the field tonight, among other things

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Anselmheifer said:

How was Chase Young tonight?

Usual ball of energy.  He didn't play for long though.  The first string run defense looked better tonight, and he was part of that.

The surprise standout from the DL was William Bradley-King, who came in during the second half.  He got some pressures and had a big sack fumble.  That guy is a worker bee who just produces.  I had been rooting for Shaka Toney to be this year's seventh round gem, but it could be WBK instead.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, skinsfan93 said:

Its pretty sad how some of you are predicting the worse after 2 meaningless preseason games. Fitz will be solid, he just needs to limit mistakes. Our recipe for winning will be fairly similar to last year. Strong run game and defense with hopefully a top 15 offense. 

Paterson is making the team and Barber is gone. We will only carry 3 running backs and 3 qbs so we can carry 7 wideouts.  Did you see the backup qbs for Cincy? For those who want to cut or put Allen on PS,  don’t you think Allen would easily be #2 on that team. 

I thought Forest was a lock but I think he is headed to PS. Did anyone see how bad he was on the fake toss bootleg where he didn’t even notice the qb had the ball and literally chased down the rb for 10 yards? He looks like a rookie. I think we keep 4 safeties so we can keep 6 corners. 

I like Milnes upside but Carter is making the team as our punt returner. Milne may make the team but that means AGG is headed to PS which I don’t believe will happen. 

Definitely agree that Forest is going to the practice squad. He just seems too green compared to Reaves and Everett right now and he's making mistakes. 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

This thread is hysterical. 

And typical. 

Preseason is purely a fantastic ball of clay, that any one can spin, any way that they wish.

If it's their own team, and they are an optimist, they can easily 'discount the bad' for 'preseason reasons', and then exaggerate the good, using their perceived relevant justification.

And if they are a pessimist, they simply do the opposite.

And it's also applied to speaking of other rival teams, as well.

Preseason. It's whatever you want it to be ; whether a precursor to Super Bowl aspirations, or a reflection of being a future 1st pick in the next draft. Etc.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Im in Spain and didnt see the game but it looks like we dominated them. Someone said the offense was bad but was it? The starting offense got inside Bengal territory on 3/4 drives. The starting defense was obviously dominant.

The offense has been fine moving the ball but largely allergic to the endzone. Defense has been impressive, not much to complain about there. 

16 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

The offense has been fine moving the ball but largely allergic to the endzone. Defense has been impressive, not much to complain about there. 

Gotchya. Im watching highlights now. The offense is a work in progress but I can tell itll already be better than last year. Remember we haven’t even seen Samuel out there yet. 

25 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Gotchya. Im watching highlights now. The offense is a work in progress but I can tell itll already be better than last year. Remember we haven’t even seen Samuel out there yet. 

I'm not super worried about it, receivers are getting open, the line is offering up good protection, Fitzpatrick just needs to hit his targets. I'm not really sold on Turner yet but the players for the most part were doing a good job. 

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

Im in Spain and didnt see the game but it looks like we dominated them. Someone said the offense was bad but was it? The starting offense got inside Bengal territory on 3/4 drives. The starting defense was obviously dominant.

Yeah they were bad.  Gibson looked comfortable, but he did get stuffed on a fourth and short.  But other than that, he looked patient and was productive.  The passing game sucked.  Fitzpatrick looked out of sync with his receivers and really only had the one nice strike to Dyami Brown.  His accuracy and decision making were poor, and his receivers didn't bail him out of off target throws.  The protection also looked iffy on a lot of his pass plays.  They turned it over on downs and Cam Sims fumbled trying to fight for yardage  He also failed to haul in a TD later in the game.  That guy is just frustrating for me, every step forward is accompanied by a step backward with him.

Heinicke was a little jittery when he came in and he fumbled again, and he pretty much ran the dink and dunk offense but he kept the chains moving and he looked better than he did last week.  Allen looked alright too, and in general, the second and third stringers outplayed the starters on offense.  Mainly because Patterson showed out.  The scoring drives and good field position were gifts from the defense and special teams, the offense didn't really play well.

Patterson was our best offensive player tonight, and Gandy-Golden was the best receiver.  I thought Bates played well too, and I liked Schweitzer's play too.  Logan Thomas's run blocking and effort on tougher throws coming in off his frame continue to frustrate me.

The defense was good.  St Juste and Collins really showed out tonight, and I thought our linebackers played better too.  Wasn't much of an offense they were matched up against, but they shut it down.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2