Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread: 2021 SUPERBOWL - RAMS VS. BENGALS!!!

zCommander

5 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Ah, Goodell.  

Rog, I'll never say another bad thing about you if you kick Snyder out of the league later this week.  C'mon, we all want this and I know you do, too.

Roger... everyone hates you... but you can earn hero status in DC if you oust Snyder, we'll put up a Goodell statue in our new stadium... plaque reads:

Real American Hero

Roger Goodell

Fired Dumbass Snyder

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, SkinsGuy said:

Donald deservedly could've gotten it as well, but I have no problem with Kupp winning it.

He had a great game.

I dunno. He had a great series. Was pretty invisible otherwise. Certainly didn't feel like he was dominating the game throughout. That said, it's not a bit deal. Would have been cool to see a defensive guy win it.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, zCommander said:

But they still have McVey who was calling all the plays anyway. I think they should be okay without him.

No, O'Connell is an offensive mastermind and no team can survive without him. At least, that's what I've heard when our offense sputters and our open WRs don't get thrown to.

2 minutes ago, DiscoBob said:

Roger... everyone hates you... but you can earn hero status in DC if you oust Snyder, we'll put up a Goodell statue in our new stadium... plaque reads:

Real American Hero

Roger Goodell

Fired Dumbass Snyder

I'd pitch in a few bucks to get that statue built.  I mean, I don't like Goodell either but if he kicks Snyder out, I'd buy him a beer if I ever saw him somewhere.  

• Like 5

The Bengals shouldn't have handed it to Perrine om 3rd and 1. He failed earlier to get a first down. Oh well, poor Cincinnati. After the facemask TD that wasn't called I started to root a little for LA because they got robbed. Glad for Stafford. All those years in Detroit and now a ring. Burrows will get Cincinnati back in the show some other time. 

36 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Ah, ****.  That ****ty feeling when football season is over and there's that barren wasteland between the end of the NFL season and the start of the MLB season.  Except that there's not gonna be an MLB season this year.  

Oh well.  

Yeah….I’m gonna be like a junkie without his coke next weekend without football…..

good thing I have game pass. 

Big calls were missed throughout this game, and bengals held Rams wideouts all night until the refs suddenly remembered it wasn’t allowed on the final drive.  Thought Stafford was hit below the knees on one sack too.  Wasn’t a great night for the refs.  

I don’t think either team has any cause to complain.  The calls weren’t one sided.  

• Like 3

Funny reading some of the commenta... NoVA transplant to Los Angeles.  We have had Rams fever since they went to the last Super Bowl.  I am friends with a superfan of the Rams... he rooted for them while in St. Louis (I would if WFT moved).  

I never knew this until tonight, but essentially the owners of the Colts (Irsay) and Rams traded teams in 1972.  No one would blame the owner for moving to St. Louis, but Georgia F didn't attempt to invest in the team and Kroenke wasn't expected to move them being a Missouri native, but he saw the value of being in LA.

Many transplants here who root for their childhood teams like me, but have no problem rooting for the Rams (except when playing the primary teaml).  There are still a lot of Raider fans here too, some Cowboy fans (they trained in the area), and we politely will back the Chargers.