Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread: 2021 SUPERBOWL - RAMS VS. BENGALS!!!

zCommander

8 hours ago, CRobi21 said:

Just great for the league to expand the playoffs. Aren't these bottom vs top seeds so exciting?!?

NFL is a joke.

Yeah I think this take is a little premature. Let's see what happens for the next 5 years before we judge the new format. So far there have been 5 games and only 2 of them were really games. But it's certainly not a good start to have the other 3 be blowouts. At least the Steelers kept it interesting for a little over a quarter. 

Tonight's game should be a decent one. 

39 minutes ago, Florgon79 said:

Yeah I think this take is a little premature. Let's see what happens for the next 5 years before we judge the new format. So far there have been 5 games and only 2 of them were really games. But it's certainly not a good start to have the other 3 be blowouts. At least the Steelers kept it interesting for a little over a quarter. 

Tonight's game should be a decent one. 

I remember many many playoff games for decades that were blow outs.  A lot depends on matchups.

• Like 1

Just now, Veretax said:

I remember many many playoff games for decades that were blow outs.  A lot depends on matchups.

Also the home crowds are so juiced. It's turned up to 11 in those stadiums and makes it really hard for traveling teams. 

There's so much talk of parity in the NFL but generally the good teams win at home in the playoffs. 

9 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Love the outcomes this weekend! 

next Saturday

4:30: bengals @ Titans CBS

8:15: 49ers @ Packers FOX

next Sunday

3:00: LAR/Cardinals @ Buccaneers NBC

6:30: Bills @ Chiefs CBS

Yep every game so far went the way I had hoped. I wanted to see BB get blown out, and I want Buffalo to do well.  Dallas game was exciting and of course awesome in the way they lost. Not just the last play, their mental mistakes all game were astonishing.  Now I'm hoping Mathew Stafford shuts up the critics tonight.  

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Rooting for the Rams and Chiefs all the way. Would be nice for Stafford, McVay, Donald and Kupp to get rings or see Mahomes build onto his resume 

I kinda stopped rooting for the rams when they acquired OBJ. Something about that didn't sit right with me.

I really want to see Buffalo succeed. I wanted Josh Allen here and I like their style. 

4 minutes ago, Florgon79 said:

I kinda stopped rooting for the rams when they acquired OBJ. Something about that didn't sit right with me.

I really want to see Buffalo succeed. I wanted Josh Allen here and I like their style. 

I don’t have a problem with OBJ and would like to see him get a ring too

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Confused 1

Ranking the Remaing Playoff Teams

1. Green Bay - After losing the last 2 nfc championships; think Aaron won't be denied this year. None of the remaining nfc teams will beat Green Bay this year.

2. Kansas City - After a poor early season, they rallied back. They should be heavy favorites,  to make their 3rd straight Superbowl. 

3. Buffalo- My preseason pick to win it all. If Kansas City doesn't make it back, it will be because the Bills beat them this weekend. 

4. Tampa Bay- Yes, they are down 2 receivers with Goodwin out and Brown cut; but Tom Brady gives them the edge over LA,Arizona and San Fran.

5. Los Angeles- Great defense but Stafford will have to prove, LA made the right move. They should win tonight and could make it to championship game but Green Bay will shut down Stafford.

6. Tennessee- They should beat Cincy but I can see Cincy pull the upset. Better if Henry plays. They won't beat KC or Buffalo though, in a championship game.

7. San Francisco- Great game against Dallas but Jimmy's run ends this weekend.

8. Cincy- They almost lost the Raiders, so I think their run ends but they could upset. Cincy has a bright future.

9. Arizona- Maybe they win tonight but that would  be it.ink only my top 4 are the teams that could play in the Superbowl.

Edited by Rdskns2000
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, skinzplay said:

Few things are as satisfying as waking up and seeing that the Cowboys lost. In the playoffs. In the first round. At home. With a dumb ass QB draw called with time ticking and no TOs left. This will be a very, very good Monday. 🙂

This Eagles fan concurs even though we got our butts handed to us yesterday. 

15 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Don’t forget there is Cards vs. Rams tomorrow night. 

Id like the Rams to win to get my full contingent of “should have had this coach instead Bruce hired/kept Jay” coaches in the division round of the playoffs.

So is Kevin O'Connell considered another "one that got away" ?

Thought I heard rumblings about that, even before he left here.

I never saw anything in O'Connell to make me think he was anything.

I want Rodgers to get another ring so he can surpass Favre, who should have gone down as the guy who can't win big games if Desmond Howard hadn't bailed him out. The problem is I have ZERO confidence in Joe Barry's dumbass holding their defense together. SF will run all over them...just have to hope Rodgers puts up enough points to overcome that.

All the teams I hate have lost, so in order of preference I want 

GB 

Rams

Bills

Chiefs

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

So is Kevin O'Connell considered another "one that got away" ?

Thought I heard rumblings about that, even before he left here.

I mean, maybe. He didn't join the team until 2017, so he's not in the "we passed on him to hire/keep Jay" crowd.  I really look at the Shannahan staff, with Mike, Sean, LaFleur and Kyle. Dan probably shouldn't have fired Mike to begin with.  The offensive side of that coaching staff was stacked with talent.  The defensive side was completely bare of talent, though.  Which is rather interesting. 

Dan SHOULD HAVE fired Jay after the 2016 debacle and hired Sean.  I'm not sure how it would have turned out, because big idiot 1 (Dan) and big idiot 2 (Bruce) were still running things.  But Sean was then, is now, and will forever be a better coach than Jay.  And that's not revisionist history for me.  I posted that in the Giants gameday thread, I think.  Before I even knew Sean was going to get a HC interview.  

Back to Kevin: There were some folks who were really high on Kevin O.  And there was angst that we were letting him get away for Scott Turner. I really didn't care one way or the other. Neither were all that inspiring to me. I doubt Kevin O. could have done much better than what Scott has done with the hand that was dealt here.  (Though, I'm not sure Bill Walsh could have done much better with the hand that's been dealt here.  No, that's not true.  Bill Walsh would have done better. But probably not by THAT much.)

I know that he's the OC of the Rams. That said, McVay is the defacto OC of the Rams, and I believe the play caller.  So I'm not entirely sure what Kevin O. does.  I am sure he does a lot, but the buck doesn't stop with him. Also, interesting: McVay and Kevin O. didn't cross paths here.  He was hired on Jan 20th 2017 to be the QB coach here, and McVay accepted the Rams job on Jan 12, 2017.

Kyle and LaFleur are already in the divisional round.  Sean (any by extension Kevin O.) can join them tonight.

22 minutes ago, Riggo-toni said:

I never saw anything in O'Connell to make me think he was anything.

I think I remember @Skinsinparadise was a big fan.  But I could be making that up.  

I want Rodgers to get another ring so he can surpass Favre, who should have gone down as the guy who can't win big games if Desmond Howard hadn't bailed him out.

I find it absolutely amazing the Packers had Favre from 1992 - 2007 and Rodgers from 2008 - 2021, combined 29 years of absolute top-end QB play, and they've translated that into only 2 SB wins and 3 appearances.  

Hell, it wasn't even as if they were being knocked off by the Bill/Tom Pats, so they can't even use that excuse.  

At least when the 49ers got Montana and Young back to back, they got 5 SBs out of that.  Though Young only got 1. That team WAS derailed by the 90's Cowboys teams, who were just a tad better than they were.  

The problem is I have ZERO confidence in Joe Barry's dumbass holding their defense together. SF will run all over them...just have to hope Rodgers puts up enough points to overcome that.

I hear you, but GB has been playing better defensively all year than I thought they were going to.

But in the matchup of Kyle vs. Barry, I'd put all my chips on Kyle figuring out how to out-scheme Barry. 

All the teams I hate have lost, so in order of preference I want 

GB 

Rams

Bills

Chiefs

I think my order is:

- Rams (I like Sean, wanted him here, and I want him to win one. I don't think this is likely, though.)

- Chiefs.  I respect the hell out of Andy Reid.  I'd like him to get a second ring and take his rightful place in the absolute upper-echelon in NFL coaching history.  

- GB, mostly for LaFleur.

- 49ers, because it would cause Dan pain.  

I really would prefer if the following teams didn't win

- Tompa - I mean, come on. Also, I want to see my 9 year old nephew and Brother in Law cry. 

- Bils - the Bills Mafia is just so unbelievably annoying.  I respect them, but damn, they're so annoying.  

- Tennessee - I just don't like them.  

I don't care one way or the other:

- Cards

- Bengals

I think next week's Bills vs. Chiefs game is the actual AFC Championship game.  I don't think either Tennessee or the Bengals can beat either the Bills or Chiefs. Especially the Bengals.  

In fact, I hope the Bengals win, and the Chiefs get home field for the AFC Championship game, and then score 983 points on the Bengals. Just because it's fun. 

6 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Stephen A having a ball today, talking about Dallas. Love when they keep showing those sad Dallas fans.

I normally can only handle him in small doses, but he had me laughing so hard that I was crying today. I approve!