Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Roster Thread or similar ;)

KDawg

I get all the cuts so far, except Moreland.

Why Moreland ?

Besides the fact, that Rivera didn't bring him in originally ?

5 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

The date says 8/28, but it can't hurt his chances.

Oh lol...

The other thing that helps, is Rivera's daughter is in charge of those tweets. That's gotta be reassuring for the Dax man

54 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

“To be fair, though, calling Sehorn the last of the white cornerbacks means ignoring the dozen or so snaps Dustin Fox played for the Eagles and the Bills in 2006 and ’07. It means overlooking Ethan Kilmer’s single magnificent snap as a corner for the Bengals in ’06, and it completely neglects another member of the Cincinnati secondary that season, the real Sehorn – the last white player to start a regular-season NFL game at the position." -Michael McKnight

To be really fair though, you'd have to acknowledge that Apke ain't a CB.

24 minutes ago, moondog said:

Listen, I don’t know what’s so hard for you guys to wrap your head around. 

Troy Apke is the kind of guy you want to date your daughter. He’s gritty and makes the most out of his talent. 

What else could ya want?

A potential father for my grandkids that could take the right angle to get to a child before it toddles into the street.

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Nice to see the team willing to walk away from previous draft picks who dont perform. It used to bother me that players were carried for 3 seasons just because they were a draft pick and cutting them might look bad. This FO has it's stuff together. 

Yep, it should take one season and two full camps to know if someone is going to be a good player. Have players sometimes taken 3 years to develop? Sure, but I'd say that's pretty rare. Most good players are either good right away or they flash in their rookie season, the ones we cut didn't do either. 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda
  • Like 1

I don't really get the hate for Apke. He's not anything special but he's a very good special teams guys and I was a bit pleasantly surprised by his play at CB considering I thought he'd likely bomb there.

Nobody will mistake him for Jalen Ramsey but I thought he held his own pretty well for a 5th CB kind of guy...especially considering he just made a switch from S to CB this season.

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

O snap:

Mctyer seems like the longer and with more range. Their size listed seems to be comparable, but from the eye test (whatever value that has lol) Mctyer seemed to be bigger by a few pounds and taller. 

More great athletes and freaks please. 

3 hours ago, IrepDC said:

Apke is okay as long as he stays far away from actual snaps on defense. He's strictly a special teamer. Tough to make a roster like that but he may do it.

Freaks can be schemed around to help Foster a professional level of play. Eliminate angles for APke and let him fly around in straight lines lol. The CB spot makes it easier to do that. 

2 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I thought he was safe, and I thought he outplayed all of the other depth receivers in the preseason games.  But I was wrong. 

Drafting him was clearly a mistake, but I think cutting him was a mistake too.  I am not a Cam Sims fan, and I think there is a decent chance AGG gets picked up by another team.  Hopefully he makes it to the PS though, we need some WR prospects with any kind of promise.

Too much value with Cam Sims for this current roster: cheap, unique size, young, game experience, and production in real games. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I don't really get the hate for Apke. He's not anything special but he's a very good special teams guys and I was a bit pleasantly surprised by his plat at CB considering I thought he'd likely bomb there.

Nobody will mistake him for Jalen Ramsey but I thought he held his own pretty well for a 5th CB kind of guy...especially considering he just made a switch from S to CB this season.

I personally don’t like Apke as a safety. For a guy who has 4.4 speed he couldn’t get sideline to sideline well at all and his tackling in the open field was awful. 

I suppose as a corner when it’s man coverage maybe that will help him as he only has one responsibility. I guess we could do worse with him as our 5th corner. 

I do like McTyer. Did he make it?

Just now, skinsfan93 said:

I personally don’t like Apke as a safety. For a guy who has 4.4 speed he couldn’t get sideline to sideline well at all and his tackling in the open field was awful. 

I suppose as a corner when it’s man coverage maybe that will help him as he only has one responsibility. I guess we could do worse with him as our 5th corner. 

I do like McTyer. Did he make it?

McTyer made it, in favor of Moreland.

To put Apke in perspective, if I'm not mistaken, the CB that held that spot last year was Danny Johnson.

Who would you rather have as CB5 ? Johnson or Apke ?

I think that is an easy question and answer.

6 minutes ago, wit33 said:

Too much value with Cam Sims for this current roster: cheap, unique size, young, game experience, and production in real games. 

He has a certain je ne sais Mix

Edited by DiscoBob
  • Haha 4

6 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I don't really get the hate for Apke. He's not anything special but he's a very good special teams guys and I was a bit pleasantly surprised by his play at CB considering I thought he'd likely bomb there.

People rightfully blame him for our early season issues last year on defense. He's in way over his head as a starter but he does have value as a special teamer. I personally don't have an issue with him, all I ask is they never line him up at safety again. 

46 minutes ago, moondog said:

Listen, I don’t know what’s so hard for you guys to wrap your head around. 

Troy Apke is the kind of guy you want to date your daughter. He’s gritty and makes the most out of his talent. 

What else could ya want?

Someone who’s good at football? I straight up told my daughter if she ever gets with Chase Young, she is to let him go as far as he wants on the first date.

Nfl Chase Young GIF by Washington Football Team

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff
  • Haha 5

I said before camp that Jimmy needed to show something. He was like Steven Sims in that he sort of regressed in his 2nd year and that last game against 3rd and 4th stringers on the Ravens showed he couldn’t play on the outside and gave way too much cushion.