Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Roster Thread or similar ;)

KDawg

1 minute ago, LetMeSeeYourWarFace21 said:

Cam as a back up over Heinaken or Allen?

It's tempting, but I think he'd disrupt the leadership equation in the locker room and put too much of a temptation to pull Fitz after his first bad game on the coaches.  We've got a weird but workable chemistry right now with our QBs and huddles where nobody is second guessing Fitz for the first time in his football career.  I think we just need to ride the season out with that, come what may.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

I don't see how anyone could have watched him last season and say "gotta get me some of that".

What about as a 3rd/4th down wildcat option???? Cam is a stud in those situations.

Could you imagine going from Haskins/Alex/Kyle to Fitz/Cam/TH? 

In all seriousness, I would not sign Cam Newton but there are ways we could use him to make our offense more dynamic....similar to things that NO does with Taysom Hill. Cam is a big dude who isn't afraid of running into piles and would provide the pass element too. 

Anyone remember Cam saying that he and Scott Turner were working on lots of new stuff before RR got canned in Carolina? 

7 minutes ago, LLandryistheshiz said:

Tired: signing Cam Newton as backup QB

Wired: signing Cam Newton as our Peyton Barber replacement 

your move, Ron

He's our Dustin Hopkins replacement... 🤪

But seriously, subbing in Cam for short yardage situations as QB is one situation where Cam still has it.

Edited by DiscoBob
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

If I had to choose between Cam and Kyle Allen, I'd pick Kyle. Cam was extraordinarily mediocre to me for the past few years.

ummmm no.....no chance I would go Kyle Allen over Cam.  Cam is a redzone nightmare and offers offensive versatility. 

I would have prefered Montez over Kyle Allen.

6 minutes ago, LetMeSeeYourWarFace21 said:

Cam as a back up over Heinaken or Allen?

I hate to say it but without the ability to run people over I don't think Cam would help much.  Too bad for him.  His body took a beating in some good years for Carolina but the human body can only take so much.  That's why I favor QBs who mostly play in the pocket.  I don't think Josh Allen will play long if he doesn't learn to stay in the pocket more.  I'd rather have a Joe Burrow myself.  Even though he got hurt his legs aren't what makes him a good QB.  

7 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

WFT probably has a deeper WR chart than at least 50% of the teams in the league. Aside from the three you mentioned, AH was a lock and a virtual request to have from fitz, Cam is the big target the team needs and that’s already 5. Now if they keep Carter I’d question it unless he’s the full time PR. Rarely do highly-touted WR cut after one season remain unsigned. Haskins after 2 seasons was a disaster in every sense and even he got snatched up almost immediately. 

Terry

Samuel

Humphries

Brown

Sims

Milne 

Carter

Keep 7 WR's and 3 RB's.....let Curtis handle some RB duties, Carter returns punts and kicks.

Just now, terpfan said:

KEIM BOMB

WOW....that is amazing news!  Sammis Reyes making the roster simply shows that his upside and drive to compete has to be through the roof.  Apke making the roster over Moreland has to really show his growth as well.

• Like 7

So happy to see barber cut, I was worried that the staff had some incomprehensible love for the guy. 

Now, what’s the deal with carter? With kickoffs essentially eliminated from the game, there’s no justification I’d buy for keeping him over Milne. 

I love humphries, the dude is seriously talented, but he’s also guaranteed to miss time with some injury. Milne needs to make the squad to backup the slot.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, terpfan said:

KEIM BOMB

Wow! Congrats to Apke for his willingness to reinvent himself.

Congrats to Reyes for being this year's top Cinderella story (unless that title goes to Patterson. I pick Reyes just because of Patterson's eyepopping college numbers)

• Like 2

Just now, Dexter said:

WOW....that is amazing news!  Sammis Reyes making the roster simply shows that his upside and drive to compete has to be through the roof.  Apke making the roster over Moreland has to really show his growth as well.

It's official....Apke has pictures of people in high places that they don't want made public. It's the only explanation.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Just now, kingdaddy said:

It's official....Apke has pictures of people in high places that they don't want made public. It's the only explanation.

Nah, I think it's really about how important and valued special teams are.

It is a good story though. Apke took on the challenge of a new position and was able to change minds about him. He was probably one of the surest cuts of the offseason at one point.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, terpfan said:

KEIM BOMB

There’s no proper emoji for this. Pumped about Reyes, not at all pumped about apke. But we know the staff loves versatility. My opinion is that sucking at multiple positions doesn’t = versatile.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Some of these decisions make it clear to me that not everyone can be kept on potential alone.

Sometimes keeping a guy like Apke, who can play multiple positions (how well.. we’ll see), and is a special teams contributor, is very valuable. 

If he never becomes a starter, but improves enough to not be a liability and play STs until his speed wanes… that’s a valuable commodity because his price tag will never be up. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

19 minutes ago, Monte51Coleman said:

The team wanted Peyton Barber to slim down coming into camp.

Peyton Barber loses his job because he slimmed down.

Oof.

Maybe, but I think it's more that Patterson came from nowhere and wowed the team.

2 minutes ago, Dexter said:

Ehh, I'd say his value on special teams is why he is on the roster and that shouldn't be down played. I have a strong suspicion that Reyes will be IR'd and stashed day after tomorrow when that is allowed. Makes room to bring someone back or someone new in. 

• Like 2