Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Roster Thread or similar ;)

KDawg

4 hours ago, KDawg said:

Semi-related thoughts with camps so far:

Zach Wilson hasn't looked good. I was never as high on him as many here. For his sake I hope its rookie jitters. I should note its

......but seeing Fields having a strong camp is semi frustrating for me. He's going to be a good one and we could have traded up for him for peanuts....

No guarantee the Giants wouldve charged us what they charged Chicago to move up for Fields....most likely wouldnt had been cheap......I definitely wanted us to trade up for him though....

1 hour ago, terpfan said:

Stashing Kyle Allen and Sammis Reyes on the IR seems like the move to me. Bottom of the depth chart guys who you don’t really need to start the season, but you don’t want to cut. Gives you some extra roster spots to work with. 

I don’t think you can stash a player on IR like in the past unless they are really hurt (ACL etc). I don’t believe the league will allow any team to put a player on IR simply for a bruised taint. 

1 hour ago, terpfan said:

Stashing Kyle Allen and Sammis Reyes on the IR seems like the move to me. Bottom of the depth chart guys who you don’t really need to start the season, but you don’t want to cut. Gives you some extra roster spots to work with. 

if you put Allen on IR before the season starts you can't bring him back during the season

2 minutes ago, skinsfan93 said:

I don’t think you can stash a player on IR like in the past unless they are really hurt (ACL etc). I don’t believe the league will allow any team to put a player on IR simply for a bruised taint. 

Well, both guys seemed legitimately injured and missed practice time 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, skinsfan93 said:

as long as there's some form of legit injury you can IR them

34 minutes ago, LetMeSeeYourWarFace21 said:

No guarantee the Giants wouldve charged us what they charged Chicago to move up for Fields....most likely wouldnt had been cheap......I definitely wanted us to trade up for him though....

I would have moved up to right before our division rivals. And I would have gladly paid it.

Time will tell if I'm right. I am satisfied with Jamin for now. I like him as a player and I've been on the "Get a damn LB" train for awhile... so I'm definitely happy and even excited about Jamin. But I would have been ecstatic with Fields.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I would have moved up to right before our division rivals. And I would have gladly paid it.

Time will tell if I'm right. I am satisfied with Jamin for now. I like him as a player and I've been on the "Get a damn LB" train for awhile... so I'm definitely happy and even excited about Jamin. But I would have been ecstatic with Fields.

The way we’ve handled the roster and cap under Rivera would have actually made me confident that we could withstand trading multiple 1sts for Fields, even if that meant it was #19, 2022 1st and 2023 1st. Yeah, it would have been a lot. But I think the way we’ve drafted and developed homegrown guys and found gold in unwanted FA’s would have allowed it to work. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

Maybe the goal of the play was to have the offensive line practice against certain defensive concepts.  And if the D screws up the concept, how is the O going to adequately learn?

Yep, both the offense and defense have scripts that they're supposed to run for the benefit of the other side of the ball.  More than likely, the OL coach wanted to see how his guys would react to a stunt or some kind of game between the DT's and DEs.  As he's watching the play he wants to see what his line will do; especially the new guys. 

Sometimes, the opposing side of the ball (defense in this case) will get creative to make the other side look bad.  I used to lose my mind as a coach when that happened as well.  You have a limited amount of time.  You want to get some looks on film so you can go back and teach your players.  It's a wasted teaching moment.  

I used to have a defensive coach who would go off script with the attitude you have to be ready for everything.  Really?!?  There are a million possibilities that a defense can scheme up against you and a finite number of hours to prepare!  You can only afford to focus on the schemes you have seen the opponent run.  Then, during the game, you compensate for their adjustments.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

SS didn't make the team because there was nobody else who could play, he has NFL skills but had a bad year last year.

SS is a fringe WR5 but gets more leeway for being a "gadget" guy. Last year he was our WR2 by default. This year there's a solid chance he doesn't even make the team. Guys like him are a dime a dozen. Boom or bust where the booms don't ever come close to having the impact of the busts.

4 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

SS is a fringe WR5 but gets more leeway for being a "gadget" guy. Last year he was our WR2 by default. This year there's a solid chance he doesn't even make the team. Guys like him are a dime a dozen. Boom or bust where the booms don't ever come close to having the impact of the busts.

I like SS, but I like even more that we’re deeper at WR this year and can afford to possibly move on.  He may still have a place on the offense in certain situations.

I see some comments where people are concerned abotu who is starting where - especially across the Oline. We all want to know who is playing where right now - forget waiting for YC to be over with all the practice games. We should know the exact 53 right now and the exact depth chart. 

TC is where you teach and view options. Just becasue Sadiiq Charles (and this is one I am specifically focusing on) is not in one spot means almost nothing. Ron has already said he values versatility. Also they brought in very good veterans for the oline. No reason not to let them play and have Charles sit one more season. He will be the better for it. 

Last but not least, fan mumbling aside, all reports from coaches and other players is that Charles is having a very very good camp. That his rehab and working on adding good weight the right way off season is showing and helping him.

Drawing too many conclusions right now lead to massive miscalculations. Let this thing play out. Then see who they put where. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

While not top echelon, he is better than the Josh Doctson, Taylor Jacobs , Malcomb Kelly, Darkarian McCants, Trey Quinn,  and Devin Thomas types, who are truly “dime a dozen” types. Put some respect on his name please.

8 minutes ago, dyst said:

While not top echelon, he is better than the Josh Doctson, Taylor Jacobs , Malcomb Kelly, Darkarian McCants, Trey Quinn,  and Devin Thomas types, who are truly “dime a dozen” types. Put some respect on his name please.

Why? Dude has 575 yards in two seasons on just under 100 targets. Doctson basically had that his rookie season. You're naming guys that couldn't stay healthy. SSJR has been healthy, but inefficient. 

• Like 1

Just now, PartyPosse said:

Why? Dude has 575 yards in two seasons on just under 100 targets. Doctson basically had that his rookie season. You're naming guys that couldn't stay healthy. SSJR has been healthy, but inefficient. 

One word for you. Haskins, Keenum, one-legged Smith.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, dyst said:

Lol...put some respect on...Steven Sims??  Lol...and why exactly?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dyst said:

One word for you. Haskins, Keenum, one-legged Smith.

Even if that were the reason why, dude was an AWFUL KR. His 6.7 YPR was basically a third of what the leaders had. And that's if he could actually hold onto the ball, which he only managed to do on only 75% of. 

If I wanted to throw some respect his way, I assume he wouldn't catch it anyways.

Edited by PartyPosse
  • Haha 8

2 hours ago, 86 Snyder said:

Lol...put some respect on...Steven Sims??  Lol...and why exactly?

Because, he is our 4th best WR right now. Terry, Curtis, Humphreys then Sims. 

Dyami and Dax have never played, while guys like AGG, Harmon and Cam have less stats then him. 

so until we have a 4th, he is our 4th.

Edited by dyst
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I want to hear that whole PFF argument.  Entertaining stuff LOL.

3 minutes ago, dyst said:

Because, he is our 4th best WR right now. Terry, Curtis, Humphreys then Sims. 

Dyami and Dax have never played, while guys like AGG, Harmon and Cam have lets stats then him. 

so until we have a 4th, he is our 4th.

I think everyone, coaches included, is willing to roll the dice on Brown for that 4th spot.  I might be wrong, but I doubt it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1