Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Roster Thread or similar ;)

KDawg

10 minutes ago, London Kev said:

Is that a septic tank? I don't get it.

A play on how we say and spell it in the U.S, lol...

Here, "skeptical" is pronounced (and spelled) with a hard "k"...

"Sceptical" would be pronounced with a soft, silent "c" (like with "scenery" or "science")...so it would sound like "septic". So you would have been saying you felt Fitz played like something that belongs in a septic tank *grin*...

Kinida loses something in the explanation, though. 😐

Edited by Califan007
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

I listen a lot to Sheehan who I like but don't always agree with.  He if I recall is picking the Giants to win the division.  He thinks Barkley is the best player (among nonQBs) in the division and thinks Daniel Jones is the real deal.  He keeps harping about how people are sleeping on the Giants and how underrrated they are.

Between that.  And a Giants reporter recently doing W-L predictions for the team and counting on the matchups against the WFT as wins because "the Giants have their number".  And tweets like this below.  I admit I can't wait until that matchup in week 2.  I think my hate right now burns brightest against the Giants.    :angry:🔥

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

"Sceptical" would be pronounced with a soft, silent "c" (like with "scenery" or "science")...so it would sound like "septic". So you would have been saying you felt Fitz played like something that belongs in a septic tank *grin*...

hK8W0M.gif

6 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I listen a lot to Sheehan who I like but don't always agree with.  He if I recall is picking the Giants to win the division.  He think Barkley is the best player (among nonQBs) in the division and thinks Daniel Jones is the real deal.  He keeps harping about how people are sleeping on the Giants and how underrrated they are.

Between that.  And a Giants reporter recently doing W-L predictions for the team and counting on the matchups against the WFT as wins because "the Giants have their number".  And tweets like this below.  I admit I can't wait until that matchup in week 2.  I think my hate right now burns brightest against the Giants.    :angry:🔥

I wasn't a math major, but as far as I'm aware 4.34 is faster than 4.82

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

21 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Ahh, gotcha. My bad, I should have realised that. My spelling is getting a bit Americanised, I now look at words like 'defence' and 'colour' and they've started to look wrong to me. I just know that one day I'm going to get into an argument with someone and insult them by calling them a Bama 🙂.

Weird fact: even the word 'spelled' is spelt differently.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

51 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Kinida for sure.

BTW, that 1983 ball control offense set a scoring record that lasted 15 years until the 1998 Vikes with cris carter and randy moss beat it by 15 points.  By 1998, the NFL was in high-octane mode.  In 1983, Joey the T threw for 3700 yards (good enough for NFL MVP).  That's not run, run, pass.  We were the #1 rushing team and scored 30 TDs on the ground (Riggo w/24), but also 29 passing TDs.  Generally, Gibbs used the run aggressively because he could, and he used the pass aggressively, because he could.  They set up each other.  83 had 1 game with < 130 yards rushing (98), and 8 games w/at least 165.  It wasn't pound, pound, pound, it was ton, ton, ton.  And a lot of that was due to having to respect the passing game, something Joe Gibbs knew something about.  But what Don Coryell didn't grasp is that it's not enough to sprint to a 1st Q lead and that's something Gibbs learned the hard way going 0-5 in 1981 while leading the league in offense.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Looks like the respect the league has for Rivera might have helped saved more serious repercussions for Dan.  lol, not sure that's a win in the grand scheme of things.

But to me its another example of why I got Rivera's back and give him the benefit of the doubt.  No one is perfect.  Everyone makes mistakes.  Rivera doesn't walk on water.  But as Sheehan likes to say we outkicked our coverage when Rivera decided to coach here.  Rivera was way out of Dan's league both as to competence and culture building.  The organization was at its lowest point, too. 

So for those reasons I am not carping on the amount of power Dan gave him to secure him (although I get those who prefer a different power structure).  My thought though is if he didn't offer that power to Rivera, we'd likely have another flier HC/Zorn type without gravitas and who isn't a culture builder.  Rivera might not be an elite strategist as a coach but I'd argue he's an elite culture builder and in turn the perfect fit at the perfect time for this organization.

Also based on one report there was a good chance Dan would have kept Bruce if it were not for Ron.  Dan is distancing himself now from Bruce.  But according to one story he lobbied Ron to keep Bruce in the building at that time -- even if it was just to run the business operation and Ron wouldn't go for it. 

Some of the players on this roster have touted Ron and his culture building and in a big way.  He's known around the league for it.  Heck C. Leno said he signed here because of Ron's personality and called him a "life coach".    Yeah of course not every player will dig Ron especially if they find their way in his dog house.  Heck Arrington for example hated Gibbs for a period and would trash him.  D. Green disliked Marty, etc.  Impossible to win the popularity contest with every dude.  But Ron clearly wins most people over. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, mistertim said:

hK8W0M.gif

I wasn't a math major, but as far as I'm aware 4.34 is faster than 4.82

I'm guessing they're saying his top end speed is faster, he just doesn't accelerate as fast.  Which could be true.  When Jones gets going he looks fast.  Thing is having that short area burst and suddenness to change direction like Lamar has is what makes him dangerous as a runner.  He doesn't need a runway like Jones does to get up to top speed.    

If that narrative is true, it could lead to consistency in our FO and Coaching Staff for the first time in this era. Rivera and Wright aren't bad guys to let run the ship for a while. I'm confident we'll be a much better organization both on and off the field under their leadership. The icing on the cake would be them shifting the dynamics to a more hands off ownership. That's my best case outlook on what was such an ugly and embarrassing situation for our team. 

• Like 1

Eh, i mean when the choices are the giants, panthers, broncos, cardinals, and cowboys.....cowboys would be the best choice. I could see the cardinals being a close 2nd, but The narrative of dak returnijg from injury kinda makes them a pretty interesting choice. 

should be fun to watch 

12 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Eh, i mean when the choices are the giants, panthers, broncos, cardinals, and cowboys.....cowboys would be the best choice. I could see the cardinals being a close 2nd, but The narrative of dak returnijg from injury kinda makes them a pretty interesting choice. 

should be fun to watch 

I hope every episode this season is just 60 minutes of Zeke running up the gut for 2 yard gains, interspersed with shots of Jerry Jones visibly decaying further and further into Skeletor.

• Haha 7

17 hours ago, RandyHolt said:

I had a nightmare Mrs Snyder is taking over running the team.

I had the same nightmare.

1 hour ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

should be fun to watch 

Nah, if it’s the Cowboys I definitely won’t watch.  I haven’t watched a full season of Hard Knocks in years anyway.

• Like 1