Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to Washington Benjamin St-Juste, CB Minnesota

zCommander

56 minutes ago, China said:

I'm not sure who put that video together, but if those are his top 9 plays last year, that's not very impressive.  The first play they show he doesn't do anything but watch the receiver go out of bounds after he makes the catch.  There's not a single interception.  Did he make any?  On the plus side, he does show good tackling.

St-Juste is nothing spectacular but he is reliable and he is gonna get the job done. Not the Interception hype guy, but the guy you want to shut-up #2 WR on opposing team. Also great on special team. A great pick, not a spectacular ceiling, but a high floor. The man is gonna be stellar on our Special team next year and a great addition to our defense in 2 years (and a contributor day 1)!

Edited by Partag
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Partag said:

St-Juste is nothing spectacular but he is reliebale and he is gonna get the job done. Not the Interception hype guys, but the want you want top shut-up #2 WR on opposing team. Also great on special teams. A great pic, not a spectacular ceiling, but a high floor. The man is gonna be stellar on our Special team next year and a great addition to our defense in 2 years!

So we're picking special teamers in the 3rd round?  Meh.

• Haha 1

Nope, we are picking a great #2 CB in round 3. 
But we gotta give him the chance on his first year, i say, by year 2, this guy is our stud no2 CB. We cant expect all 3rd rounder to be probowler on day one....

2 minutes ago, Larry said:

You new around here?  

Well, I hang around since 2010.... was on the HailRedskins.com before ;)

I just don't post that much ... 

Edited by Partag

1 minute ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

That's exactly what everyone said when we drafted McLaurin

He doesn't need to crack the starting line up this year anyway.

Our Top 3 corners are pretty solid right now

Some people seem to think we need to draft day one starters with our 3rd round pick! I remember, not so long ago, even day one QB were expected to bench a year or two. It's crazy how fast things change! 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Destino said:

Hard to get excited about a corner that lacks speed and never gets a pick.  But I just find it hard to get excited about drafting DBs in general.  

He makes up for that with his lack of instinct

• Haha 3

Rivera sees him going against the bigger receivers, due to his size, so he likely won't be playing Inside

Seattle or their fans wanted him, as the "next Richard Sherman"

When listening to him talk, keep in mind he's only been speaking English since he was 17

Edited by Malapropismic Depository
  • Like 4

I’m high on this kid because he showed out in the senior bowl and actually shows the rare mix of aggression/edge to match his elite length and very good press coverage. 

For those saying it was a reach, Ron said he had a team calling to trade up to that pick and after we picked BSJ that same team called back and said that was going to be their guy. 

Scouts love this dude and see him as possibly the next Richard Sherman. He’s got a ways to go on that, but with Chris Harris coaching him up I’m excited to finally have a big body corner hopefully pan out for us. 

• Like 7

4 hours ago, China said:

I'm not sure who put that video together, but if those are his top 9 plays last year, that's not very impressive.  

Possibly the weakest highlight film Ive EVER seen, no exaggeration....I have the same "why the **** did we draft this guy so damn high?" feeling I had when we drafted Troy Apke. The front office has forgotten more about football than I'll ever know, but Im not feeling this pick. I want to, but Im not. This dude looks like an UDFA.

In the conference, RR said another team was trying to trade up to this spot, and that after we drafted this guy, the team called back and said that we got their guy.  So I guess there's something to this guy. But Im not seeing it....not as a 3rd pick. But we'll see, hopefully Im wrong.....

Edited by LetMeSeeYourWarFace21

Surprise pick for sure, seems like a good one though. Will get a good look outside and at free.

Interesting that Rivera said a team tried to trade into this pick, we knocked them back and took him, that team then called back and said damn that was our guy who we wanted to move up for. Pretty cool.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fresh8686 said:

I’m high on this kid because he showed out in the senior bowl and actually shows the rare mix of aggression/edge to match his elite length and very good press coverage. 

For those saying it was a reach, Ron said he had a team calling to trade up to that pick and after we picked BSJ that same team called back and said that was going to be their guy. 

Scouts love this dude and see him as possibly the next Richard Sherman. He’s got a ways to go on that, but with Chris Harris coaching him up I’m excited to finally have a big body corner hopefully pan out for us. 

I hate just taking a guys size & just slapping “next Richard Sherman” next to the name.  It’s like every sub 6’ QB is Drew Brees.  Just cheap.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, -JB- said:

I hate just taking a guys size & just slapping “next Richard Sherman” next to the name.  It’s like every sub 6’ QB is Drew Brees.  Just cheap.

I think you missed the reason why in your attempt to down Fresh. 

He’s long, athletic and aggressive. Excels in man coverage.

A player comp isn’t always used to show their ability level. Usually it’s not. Usually it’s used to show the style that they play. 

St-Juste plays like Sherman stylistically.

• Thanks 3

I love our other three picks; our two biggest positions of need with LB and OT and the BPA with the WR from NC.

This one is just a real head scratcher for me but it seems like our newly constructed front office knows what they’re doing so I’m putting my faith in them.....for now. 👍