Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to Washington Jamin Davis LB Kentucky

PCS

Same era, I remember when we traded two number ones for Wilber Marshall and people were disappointed in him because he wasn't generating huge sack numbers. People wanted him to be our Lawrence Taylor. Pettibone, on the other hand, was ecstatic with him. He used him as an all around backer with lots of coverage responsibility.

The other cover linebacker and perhaps the first nicklebacker I can remember was Monte Coleman who was amazing!

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Same era, I remember when we traded two number ones for Wilber Marshall and people were disappointed in him because he wasn't generating huge sack numbers. People wanted him to be our Lawrence Taylor. Pettibone, on the other hand, was ecstatic with him. He used him as an all around backer with lots of coverage responsibility.

I remember that! And I’m not even sure I know how, since I live in another country and watched TV with an antenna and 12 channels and had no pro sports coverage other than the Maple Leafs and Buffalo Bills.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Die Hard said:

I remember that! And I’m not even sure I know how, since I live in another country and watched TV with an antenna and 12 channels and had no pro sports coverage other than the Maple Leafs and Buffalo Bills.

Aha!

You're a bloody Brit, aren't  you?

I suspected as much when you spelled "defence" with a "c" in a recent post.

It appears that we have a very strong following in the UK. Did this originate in the Gibbs 1.0 years? I believe one of the first Superbowls televised there was Riggo's spectacular mvp day in SB 17.

2 minutes ago, TrancesWithWolves said:

Aha!

You're a bloody Brit, aren't  you?

I suspected as much when you spelled "defence" with a "c" in a recent post.

It appears that we have a very strong following in the UK. Did this originate in the Gibbs 1.0 years? I believe one of the first Superbowls televised there was Riggo's spectacular mvp day in SB 17.

The Toronto Maple Leafs and Buffalo Bills were clues 😂 Canada.

But your last paragraph was bang on.

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, Burgold said:

The other cover linebacker and perhaps the first nicklebacker I can remember was Monte Coleman who was amazing!

It was weird thinking of Wilbur Marshall as a Skin.  Perhaps due to the no-i-in-team philosophy, i still think of him as a Bear.

49 minutes ago, GothSkinsFan said:

It was weird thinking of Wilbur Marshall as a Skin.  Perhaps due to the no-i-in-team philosophy, i still think of him as a Bear.

I consider Marshall as the first elite LB we had since Hanburger and one of 4 we've had in my fandom.

NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year 2 years in a row? Would be nice if it happened.

https://www.si.com/nfl/washingtonfootball/news/case-washington-jamin-davis-as-nfl-rookie-year

>>.....Rivera swung big in April at the No. 19 pick with the selection of Jamin Davis. The athletic Kentucky linebacker can play sideline to sideline and be effective at near every level of the field. The expectations are high for Davis to step in, learn the playbook and contribute in both the base 4-3 and subpackages as well. 

How talented can Davis be in his rookie year? CBS Sports' Chris Trapasso has the WFT star as the front-runner for the Defensive Rookie of the Year....

.....This isn't to say that Davis won't have any hiccups transitioning from the college game to the NFL. Every rookie will struggle and needs time to adjust to NFL speed. 

For Davis, having a cheat code like WFT's defensive line will help plenty in recording tackles. That ultimately gives Washington a chance to land back-to-back DROYs in the short time under Rivera's regime. <<

• Like 4

13 hours ago, SonnySideUp said:

NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year 2 years in a row? Would be nice if it happened.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Football_League_Rookie_of_the_Year_Award

I was curious how often this ever happens.  No team back to back DRPOTY ever (AP or PFW) and only happened for Offense once (AP not PFW) and that was the first 2 years in Detroit (67-68 seasons).

On 5/22/2021 at 2:29 PM, XxSpearheadxX said:

Man all these posts about the older backers we used to have makes it even more apparent how TERRIBLE our LBers have been for the last 15 years

Who was that little guy who occasionally made a play for us from 2007 to 2013? London Fletcher something? I think he even made an interception one time.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

21 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

It's not just that Parsons has done and said bad things, but I noticed that he never truly takes responsibility when asked about them. During the draft process instead of admitting he did some bad things that caused his character to he questioned, he basically lashed out and said he wouldn't want to go to a team that made a big deal about it. Then with this thing, instead of just apologizing, he once again lashed out and called others who took offense to it "sick". Then he did the whole passive-aggressive "apology" where he said "If you took offense, sorry". 

• Like 4